• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2841 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 24 October 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Ya, does not work in browser unfortunately. No matter. My IC2 establishment is looking good. I'm already ruing the day we reset the server. So much work to get that shit established....oh well. All in good fun. My drill platform is working well right now, but I've built a shaft down to the seabed so that I can start mining from down there. It's a little resource-inefficient to mine from the surface when the seabed is like 20 blocks below me. That's 20 blocks of wasted EUs since there are no minerals in that space. Plus a seabed mining complex just sounds sweet. Oh, and thermal type generators are totally awesome. I've been going the thermal route rather than the renewable route for power generation...just for the hell of it. Best thing to use: Geothermal. Build empty cells from tin, get buckets of lava in a mine, fill the cells, pop em in the geothermal generator. As long as you have a good lava pool to draw from you can get a lot of power that way. About 20 is enough to fill an MFU battery....which is enough for days and days of macerating, electric furnacing and extracting. Unfortunately a single mine shaft with the auto-miner is enough to drain an MFU (with the diamond drill and OV scanner attached) so you end up going to the lava pool quite a bit. Attaching a pump to your miner filled with empty cells can net you some serious lava cells if you happen to hit a lava pool while mining, so it's worth the small extra energy cost of having one built and attached. NExt best thing to use: CoalNot straight up though - Macerate your coal first to make coal dust. Hydrate with a bucket of water, compress to hydrated coal chunk, Fill empty cells with hydrated coal chunks, put hydrated coal cells in the extractor, get coalfuel cells. Now, make some empty fuel cans out of tin. Put fuel cans and coalfuel cells (6 per fuel can) into the canning machine. Get full fuel cannisters. Put cannisters in a standard generator (they convert to empty fuel cans). Each fuel can = 40,000 EUs....which is way more than the energy put into constructing them...and you can reuse the fuel cans (cells are consumed unfortunately). It's a little slow doing this with only one of each machine. The macerator and extractor take FOR EVER...so a second machine of each would probably solve the problem.I hope they fix the canning machine in future releases. Full fuel cans do not stack so after one is produced, the machine stops....which means no bulk fuel can filling. Even if they could have them pop out into a nearby chest it would be perfect.

This makes me really want to get my MC updated and the new version of IC. I played with nukes on SP, and crashed my game. They will cause some problems on the server if they are abused.

#2842 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Messremb talked of a way to remove nukes from the game entirely (the bombs), meaning even ops won't be able to spawn them them, and we can just make a blanket "nothing bigger than a mark II" rule to prevent runaway reactors. There are enough designs out there that you should be able to find something that suits your reacting needs without getting all dangerous about it.

Plus, IIRC from previous conversations, it is sufficient to surround a reactor with layers of reinforced stone and this contains the explosion entirely. We can make that a general rule too.

I dunno, see how it all goes. All else fails we always have backups.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2843 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:58 AM

Dammit, they updated the IC2 file to 1.23 so I can't connect :unworthy:

#2844 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:31 AM

Success! Now if only there was a point to playing a map that will be reset in a few weeks...

#2845 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

View PostTrull, on 25 October 2011 - 04:31 AM, said:

Success! Now if only there was a point to playing a map that will be reset in a few weeks...

Learn IC Craft?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2846 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

I'm logging in fine now. I have moved to an island chain directly south of Obdigore to begin my IC operations. I have need of resources since I died and lost my inv right before I ported to the new realm.

Is there a nether portal linking the new IC area back to the town or anywhere close?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2847 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

Closest nether portal that I know of leads to messrembs tower which is about a 90sec boat ride to messremb's island and my offshore rig.

Where is obdi located these days? I'd like to come check out some other factories.

There are some other islands due east of myself and messremb too if anybody is interested. I'd be happy to have a companion on the drill rig if you just want to mess around with the IC2 content and don't feel like starting totally from scratch. There's enough stored power in my MFEs that you can pretty much macerate and smelt and extract indefinitely. I really don't have a plan for the rig - I just kinda build on appendages as needed so you're welcome to expand it for your own factory floor. I also don't mind you taking a few minerals to get you started either...and there is a huge cave system accessible via a trap door on messremb's island to get more.

Yes.point of the early release was so folks could get a flavour for it and we could decide whether we wanted IC2 in the new world for sure. My vote is a resounding yes. It really does gives a lot more to the "builders" among us without taking much away from the adventurers....other than them having to look at our massive mineral processing facilities all over the place, lol. Unfortunately there's no way around the mineral modifications - ie the presence of copper tin rubber trees and uranium but maybe we can treat that with the barter system. Adventurers can trade the industrial minerals they find for stuff that's more useful to them, like steel, or take tin/copper to industrial centres to smelt bronze ingots for upgraded armor....dunno.

But I suspect the new map will be somewhat like our current one. Folks will naturally have team effort constructions close-ish together at the start and as that gets boring we will naturally branch out and look for new places to establish, eventually connecting everything with nether rails, blah blah.

Messremb and I are looking at ways to remove nuke bombs, mining lasers and to possibly curb the destructive power of nuclear reactors. This should keep the disruptive elements of IC2 to a minimum.

And a very nice thing added in IC are lockable chests. I plan on supplying one (via op powers) to every player that wants one. Once opened by a player, they can only ever be opened or destroyed again by that same player no matter what. Giving one to each player is the perfect solution to our past problems with theft.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 25 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2848 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

Su, does this IC2 stuff not kill the 'fantasy setting' a bit? I haven't read up on it much but I do recall a video a while back that had some big-ass drill or something.

It's seems awesome, but I probably wouldn't be able to get too invested in a setting that felt more 'building site' than 'escapist fantasy.'
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#2849 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

I just don't get how our present server is somehow not just a giant building site. I'm not trying to be all up in yo face about it, but literally everyone on the server has chosen a site and built a giant thing on it, including you Kanubis....and to my knowledge none of the giant things built on any sites have affected anybody's enjoyment of the game's adventure aspects.

As for the setting, IMO the IC2 mod does nothing whatsoever to change it. The only real difference are new machines for generating power storing it to process ores, and then turn said ores into fun new things that largely enhance the ability to generate power, store it more efficiently and process ore differently to build more fun new things.

For example

Mining drill

You gather enough materials to construct a mining drill. Tip it with diamonds and it works about 2x as fast as a diamond picaxe. Rather than losing durability, it is unbreakable but quickly depletes an internal battery that must be recharged either by a power generator (coal fired or solar powered for example) or from portable batteries that you charged up at your base and carried with you.

Macerator

Every ore you get can be crushed into dust. 2 dust per ore block. Dust can be smelted at 1 to 1 for ingots so as a result of using some power and constructing a few machines, you can get 2 for 1 ingots from ore.

Electric furnace

Smelts ingots about 2 times as fast as a standard oven, so rather than building 2 standard ovens, I built a generator, fired it with coal / wood, connected copper wire from the generator to the electric furnace and smelted it that way. All still fits within the confines of my underground lair / medieval fantasy castle / whatever...it just adds an element of nerdiness and fun to the building side of things that wasn't there before. It's seriously fun.

====

Point is, the game is largely status-quo. Nothing in IC will change the fact that people will build epic structures, and explore in dark caves. The fundamentals of MC remain unchanged. Just think about it from my point of view, as the guy trying to run the server and justify the monthly cost. Everybody is bored of the standard MC thing and the offerings of the full release won't add enough to attract users. IC2 offers a bunch of new stuff for the majority of users (the hardcore builders) and offers a new dimension to the game.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2850 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

I for one am definitely in favour of the new content. There is no reason we can't build massive pyramid-castle-dockyard-boats, only now we have the option of making nanoswords! A win-win, no?

#2851 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

Ah cerveza, it certainly wasn't a criticism, don't be offended. I saw a very early video of Industrial Craft, in which a pit was being mined using what was, to be blunt, a huge industrial crane.

Obviously building shit is what it's all about, but it stuck like a life-size model AT-AT at a medieval fare. If that's not the case, and it's all inventory/tools/the odd advanced 'oven' than no problem. If it's a load of metal pipes sticking and things like that, then it's just not my thing. You've run the server for a while, and the upcoming full release forces your hand in making certain changes. NOTHING you do can be 100% what everyone wants, so never think that losing a person here and there due to the choices (which are based on popular consensus anyway!) is anything other than 'one of those things.'

#2852 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

Its cool...no offense taken...just saying my point of view on it all.

The metal pipes and ducting you describe is a different mod entirely called build-craft. It's a mod that works with industrial craft enabling you to build ducts that transfer resources from one spot to another (like from an oven to a chest) or to intermediate stages (like macerator to oven to chest) and so on. I didn't really know that when I linked to that youtube vid....the industrial craft is only the power generation, storage and enhanced ore processing machines, plus some bonus stuff like rechargeable armor / drills, etc...

The automatic open pit mine thing is crazy I agree, and I would not want that type of thing on our server. I'm not sure if it's even part of the core build-craft or some other mod meant to go on top of it.

I would definitely draw the line at Industrial craft for the moment. I think a single mod will be more than we can handle from an administration point of view for the first while. When interest drops off again, perhaps we could consider a mod like build craft or something crazier if everybody is game for it.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 25 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2853 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Riiiight, well that sounds just fine - as you point out it's a bit of mod confusion on my part!

If I ever get five minutes I'll pop on and have a play.

#2854 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

Still cant find a place to download version 1.22 of IC2. Looks like no connecting for me.

#2855 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

View PostKanubis, on 25 October 2011 - 08:57 PM, said:

Riiiight, well that sounds just fine - as you point out it's a bit of mod confusion on my part!If I ever get five minutes I'll pop on and have a play.

From what I've seen so far you should definitely give it a go. The main addition to the game is power, and means of generating then storing the power to make some interesting stuff. I don't plan on doing much building until the server restarts, but it is fun to mess around with the new content. Additionally, The IC wiki is well organized and helpful.

#2856 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

View Postrhulad, on 25 October 2011 - 11:46 PM, said:

Still cant find a place to download version 1.22 of IC2. Looks like no connecting for me.

http://forum.industr...ad&postID=14186

That has all the DL links for the various modding tools.

ModloaderMP, MCforge and Modloader are all extra files meant to go in your minecraft.jar file within the .minecraft directory (under c:\users\<your user name>\app-data\roaming\.minecraft\bin on windows 7).

Essentially:

• Download the 3 files from the links provided on the industrial-craft forum (link I gave above)
  • extract them all
  • Copy the files into your minecraft.jar file. To do this, open the minecraft.jar archive with something like winrar or 7zip. Simply drag and drop the files from all 3 downloads directly into that minecraft.jar archive.
  • delete the meta-inf folder within the minecraft.jjar file
  • Close minecraft.jar, jump up one folder from .minecraft\bin to .minecraft again
  • Create a folder called "mods" (lower case letters).
  • Download the IC2 files from the link above, copy into the mods folder.
  • Run the game as normal. It might take a few mins to load up the first time you do it.

messremb has also been building modded minecraft.jar files you can just swap into your .minecraft directory to save you the trouble of adding the modloadermp etc.... files yourself. If you use his file you'll still need to create the mods folder and copy in the IC2 files. PM him for the DL link.

It seems complicated but it really only takes 5-10 minutes and you can just PM myself or messremb if you're having trouble.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2857 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

I've sent the link to my version, mine has IC2 incorporated into minecraft.jar so the mods folder isn't needed. It does mean I need to make a new file each update, however I've had trouble getting MC to find and use anything in the mods directory.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2858 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:28 AM

the IC2 file that was available on the site was a newer version that you have on the server. it was throwing an error saying that i had the wrong version installed. Fixed now that Messremb sent me a link.

Edit: Was on last night, why are there now hills covered in lava? There seem to be a lot of them.

This post has been edited by rhulad: 28 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

#2859 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

So, I'm going as a Creeper for Halloween, which, if successful, will require pictures to be posted here.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2860 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

I'm at the point where I will not play until the game is released in full and the new world started. I really like the IC addition (jetpacks are especially fun). Now we play the waiting game.

@Stormy. Pictures are a requirement. Made out of cardboard boxes? Or a material?

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

17 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users