• You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2301 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

@all

I've been chatting with d'rek about it and I think it's best if she tries her move again on a fresh server backup. Somehow the regions got dropped and I'm concerned there was some corruption in the file - either in MC Edit program or in the zip process. I'd rather start from a fresh backup and be a little more careful that there are no mis-loaded chunks this time.

Anyway, this hurts Demon Llama but helps RLY and others in the main area whose bases got messed up. I'm going to replace DL's materials as best I can and he can rebuild. I think that's simplest really. I mentioned to D'rek that it might be a good idea to cut-paste Demon Llama's skyscraper project from the July 14 backup into the fresh backup at the same time she's moving her base. If I can get the coords of it from Demon Llama then we can probably pull that off and nobody gets hurt.

@Kanubis

Yeah, it wouldn't be a deletion of the original base, just a copy-paste into the new world. Just get everybody to choose something they want to import (for example Castle CF for me) and plop it in the new map. It would be funny to see everybodys' far flung projects all crowded around each other in a town arrangement. It would take some serious editing to get all the chunks to blend together, but who's to say communal landscaping can't be one of the co-op projects.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 15 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2302 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

No worries. I'l just start building it when you give me them blocks. Cut and pasting it seems like too much trouble, and I don't want anything to go wrong again for others. Thanks for your help.
No Touchy.

#2303 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

Okay.

Great. You need to be online for it. I'll check throughout the day. Even if your dude is there AFK with an empty inventory (its also important that he's looking directly at the ground) I can fill the inventory with cooked stone.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2304 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

I'm okai with this whole moving server idea, what actions do we take to ensure our project sites will be copied? do I send you co-ordinates? mostly every thing I've built sofar is underground. is that an issue?
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2305 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

None of that should be an issue Sammeh.

And nothing is happening for sure as yet.

Just tossing ideas around to figure out what we want the server to be like after Beta finishes. I personally like the idea of keeping some small shreds of the present server and plunking them in a brave new (up-to-date) world....but that will inevitably be a lot of work and some folks now have multiple bases, and some folks have absolutely huge bases (Morgoth, Apt, Kanubis and Traveler for instance) so the logistics of it would be difficult. In the end it might be better to just start fresh or to allow everybody to choose only 1 little bit of their former project to bring along.

I know everybody is very attached to their projects though and I totally understand if nobody wants a change from status quo. It's a relatively simple matter to build a nether rail to an extremely remote location that would essentially serve the same purpose. The nether hub is growing too, so some of the remote bases aren't so remote anymore now anyway.

EDIT

In fact, maybe that will be my next project, Building the nether link to the brave new adventure area without actually going up there (cos we don't want to spawn any overworld chunks until 1.8 release).

Probably the least effort method of dealing with it all.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 15 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2306 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

wouldn't that be fairly simple building a long nether rail to a completely new area and open up once the next patch is released?

I'm kind of attached to all my minecart systems in all honesty.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2307 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Like what d'rek did to get her new tower location. Just quest a super long ways in the nether and you're pretty much assured of coming out in unexplored areas of the overworld. The extent of our overworld is only about 3000-4000 blocks in any direction, so you only need to go about 500 blocks in the nether to get into completely new overworld chunks.

In fact, that's definitely what I'll do if old servers can incorporate adventure mode and a lot of the new material. Forget this crazy talk of server resets for the moment.

We'll have to start referring to areas as continents at that point though. I guess the existing area would be Quon Tali, so the new continent would be genbackis? Maybe 7 cities?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2308 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Looks like the VPS will have another planned outage to fix up a few loose ends caused by their software upgrade a couple weeks back.

next tuesday at 1:00PM eastern daylight time they will shut down for about 1 hour.

I'll do my best to get things back up and running asap afterwards.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2309 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for doing all this CF.
Error: Signature not valid

#2310 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

Thanks,

But no thanks required. I started a mess and then had to do more work to correct it...that's all.

We have a good strategy worked out to fix everything without fucking up the server again now. I'm going to try it over the weekend and will do a mini beta-test with just me allowed online to make sure it all looks ok before I re-open the server to everybody else

Rather than copying the whole world, loading it in MC edit, editing, zipping and transferring again, I'm just going to copy paste the folders that contain D'rek's old and new locations into the world file. Upon a reload, every other single folder (and associated regions) should remain 100% untouched and the only chance of a screwup will be on one of those two very small areas.

Anyways, I'll post in here when I get around to doing it. Should only involve a 30min shutdown at most...probably sometime saturday or sunday.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2311 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

The server she is angry. She say, no, you cannot play right now, no.

#2312 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:17 AM

Hell hath no fury like a server scorned.

#2313 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

The server says no.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2314 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

I totally just rode a boat off of the top of the giant glass dome. Great work whoever built that.

#2315 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

server is running again. Please report errors. We've tried D'rek's move again but be vigilant for fucked up regions
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2316 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

Why do I never see anyone on? You people need to play more.

#2317 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

I've spent a lot of time on there... and for lot of it, I didn't see anyone else. I''ve built quite a lot of stuff now, and I've currently got some games and books that need my attention, so I'm not on much.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2318 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

I'm not on as much as I once was. I'll pop in once in a while though. Of course, I have the occasional 5 hour binge about once a month.

#2319 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 18 July 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Why do I never see anyone on? You people need to play more.

I found your escape hatch and railway the other day man. Not far from my southern expedition point.

I'm building a little woodsy retreat and mine site in a cool steep-walled valley a little ways to the southeast of the escape hatch.

I have also volunteered my services in helping the frenchmen (Darkwatch and his Quebec buddies) in construction of their star fort. It is the biggest undertaking on the server as yet. Bar none. Standing at the central fortress, the points of the star are almost outside draw-distance for the server.

Y'gatan was big. the Azath was bigger, Apt's dome was bigger still. This thing is full-on HUGE. hundreds and hundreds of blocks across. It is going to take eons to finish. I like it. I think my first contribution will be a nether link. I'd like to be able to get back home for materials and breaks if I want to. Then it's off to the trench digging.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2320 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

Darkwatch is french?
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users