• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1841 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:46 AM

Slimes, awesome! I still have not seen one!

They come in about four or five different sizes. If it is really small it is harmless.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1842 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Not four or five sizes. Since they're all base-two sized, that would get absurdly large absurdly rapidly.

1x1x1 cubes, 2x2x2 cubes, and maybe 4x4x4. But I doubt it (never seen them this large, unless mod-spawned).

I've seen them a bunch, actually.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1843 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

There are regularly slimes in the cave under moon spawn.

They split up as you chop away at them until they're little, at which point they're harmless. You can kill em with fire and snowballs.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1844 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

1. Seems like ladders placed every two blocks doesn't work anymore. Make sure you carry around a bunch of extra ladders if you're in an old area where we might have only placed them every two...

2. Anyone been able to get on since mid-Wednesday? I was playing and got dropped, now I get an End of Stream error when trying to connect.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1845 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Getting the end of stream thing to.
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#1846 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

working on it
.looks like it needs a full reboot. Something is fishy.
ok done.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1847 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

looks like it's been awhile since I did that. Sorry for slacking. I'll do my best to reboot and restart the server more often.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1848 User is offline   Pathfinder 

• Recruit

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image

Update 1.6 includes maps. This is awesome and very useful.

#1849 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

I didn't know the update was out yet! I like the maps idea, though it may eventually become cumbersome when we're running around with a few maps taking up inventory space.
I'm really interested in the book making and notebook things that Notch was talking about. Leaving notes and stuff laying around the world could be interesting and hilarious.

Afterthought: That picture of the map reminds me of Metro 2033 and the quest log. All that's missing is the bullet/lighter

#1850 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

sweet! Maps!

Cool.

I just updated again. It was giving the java socket error. Can somebody jump on and let me know if it's working ok now??
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1851 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 29 April 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

sweet! Maps!

Cool.

I just updated again. It was giving the java socket error. Can somebody jump on and let me know if it's working ok now??

Doesn't seem like it. After about 5 seconds of being on it gives a "recv failed" or other error...

#1852 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

I don't know what else to do then.

Can anybody else confirm? Maybe it's just D'rek?

D'rek, are you sure your client is updated? The 1.5 patch came out last week and required a server update. If your client isn't set to auto-update it's possible the problem is on your end.

Otherwise, we can just wait until the bug is addressed and patched. Given their track record, if it's a common error it won't be long.

EDIT

Oh yes, I'm going to officially implement the whitelist this weekend based on the names I tallied up there last week. I'll be checking my malaz forum PMs frequently as a result in case anybody is getting blocked that shouldn't be.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 29 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1853 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 29 April 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

D'rek, are you sure your client is updated? The 1.5 patch came out last week and required a server update. If your client isn't set to auto-update it's possible the problem is on your end.

Otherwise, we can just wait until the bug is addressed and patched. Given their track record, if it's a common error it won't be long.

EDIT

Oh yes, I'm going to officially implement the whitelist this weekend based on the names I tallied up there last week. I'll be checking my malaz forum PMs frequently as a result in case anybody is getting blocked that shouldn't be.

I'm definitely fully up-to-date. It was working well yesterday for a while after you rebooted. Different errors, too - on Wednesday it was "End of Stream" when trying to log on, whereas now logging in works but it crashes soon after.

edit: seems okay now. I think it's just lag on my end.

This post has been edited by D'rek: 29 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

#1854 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

feck...wish I had time to solve it now.

I'll take a look at it later on.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1855 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

it's working good for me, Version 1/5_0.1 is on display

#1856 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

View PostD, on 29 April 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 29 April 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

EDIT

I'm definitely fully up-to-date. It was working well yesterday for a while after you rebooted. Different errors, too - on Wednesday it was "End of Stream" when trying to log on, whereas now logging in works but it crashes soon after.

edit: seems okay now. I think it's just lag on my end.

I see HO was on too.

I have gotten funny errors from lag before from my bullshit internet connection, or when doing other bandwidth-heavy stuff.

The ol' router reset works more often than not.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1857 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

It seems to be coming and going - I was on for a whole hour straight earlier today with no problems but other times it crashes after 10 secs. My router is crappy and my ISP is inconsistent, anyways, so I don't think it's a fixable problem.

#1858 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

Somebody playing mafia has threatened to bomb my fort, so if anybody sees someone carrying 30 bundles of TNT and laughing maniacally, stop them.

CF - don't grant any wishes for gunpowder, sand or TNT - you gotta get my back

#1859 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:15 AM

I'm one of you now...

CF, PM me the IP and the how to to get on the server.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#1860 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:36 AM

It's official. Power rails are awesome. I've been experimenting over the past few days and have built a fun rail station system at Arkana's place. The location is indicated by the red circles on the map below:

Attached File  power statio loc.jpg (871.92K)
Number of downloads: 1

So here's how it works: first of all you drive ("cart"?) on the right side of the tracks because CF's server is in New Brunswick where they drive on the right! As you're approaching a destination (in this case a sky-tower near Arkana's place), the track takes you off to the side to a switching station where you can choose either to get off at this location or keep going. if you choose to keep going, it puts you back on the tracks and that's that. If you choose to get off, it diverts you to the location, in this case a room above the tracks where you can get off and on of carts.

The switching centers look like this:
Attached File  power statio demo3.jpg (334.75K)
Number of downloads: 0

You stop automatically just before the T-junction. You can toggle the orange switch to choose if you're continuing on or getting off, and the redstone torches light up to indicate which direction you've picked. When you're ready, press the green button and you'll start moving again.

If you choose to get off you get taken to the top room and it automatically stops you on another little ramp. Once it's stopped, use right click to get our of the cart and then hit the yellow button which will take the cart to the storage depot, then you can go down the ladder to your destination, or whatever.
Attached File  power statio demo4.jpg (364.89K)

This is the same room where you can get on carts and set out. To summon a cart, you press the white button and it'll automatically come and stop at the ramp (this bit still needs a bit of work, if one doesn't come hit the button again. Sometimes they come too fast and don't stop..)
Attached File  power statio demo1.jpg (372.49K)

When the cart arrives on the ramp, jump in with right click and then pick which direction you want to go with the orange switch, then press the green button to go and it will take you out of the room and drop you on the appropriate tracks.
Attached File  power statio demo2.jpg (269.22K)

The overall layout looks something like this:
Attached File  power statio layout.jpg (40.21K)

Right now the tracks don't go all the way to any of the other destinations, they just loop back around after about 30-50 blocks, but it gives you an idea of what's possible with these fancy new power rails. If anyone's interested in copying part or all of this system for their own bases, I have no problem with it and encourage it so we can get a big network of powered rails for fast-traveling around on the sky-walk.

Finally, I disavow any liability for any users suffering falls, burns, suffocation or death while using my contraption :p

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users