• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1761 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

My intention wasn't a permanent change really, just to mix it up once in awhile. Leave it in one spot until folks find their way home and build a cool little satelite fort someplace, then go someplace else entirely.

Really, you only need to stay at a location long enough to find enough mats for a compass, so it shouldn't take too long to make a path home from anywhere.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1762 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 30 March 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

My intention wasn't a permanent change really, just to mix it up once in awhile. Leave it in one spot until folks find their way home and build a cool little satelite fort someplace, then go someplace else entirely.

Really, you only need to stay at a location long enough to find enough mats for a compass, so it shouldn't take too long to make a path home from anywhere.

This actually sounds cool the more I think about it. Pioneer-style scouting to get a new spot, then move out to build, then move again to spread our civilization across the world.

Tell me which way we're going and I'll start blazing a trail.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1763 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

Don't do anything yet. We don't even know if it's going to be available in SMP or not.

And no blazing trails. The location is supposed to be a surprise. Then you have to survive at the spawn long enough to devise a means of getting home- at which point we'll have a clear path to that satelite location.

Provided it's allowed in SMP, we'll start with someplace relatively close - like 2-3 days' travel or so and see what comes of it.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 30 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1764 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

If we move spawn point, won't our compasses re-orient? How will we get home?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1765 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

oh yeah, right.

Looks like it will be a straight up search mission. Then build a skybridge link or some overland route denoted by torches I guess.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1766 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

You've clearly allowed your status as Mod to divide you from the people. :)

#1767 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

I do what I WANT!

YEAH THATS RIGHT

Nah, I ain't gonna do anything without a discuss on here first. No worries.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1768 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

View PostSammehmander Rake, on 24 March 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

arh, Really wanna get mining and crafting on the server. but evil connection wont let me. i have to walk through a door 15 times before it realises what I did. and even then it'll just pop me back outside again.. oh well.. I'll just go offline mode and take screen shots and make pretend that im in the server.. :D

p.s A Pig just jumped over the fence in the spawn point starting area... not sure if thats also lag related?

It looks like the glitch that meant you could get stuck trying to cross a fence has been sorted, so they can now be jumped over. Maybe it's the same for the pigs...

View PostHiddenOne, on 30 March 2011 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 30 March 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 29 March 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 28 March 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

I'm surprised nobody has taken the spot across the bay from Apt & Morgoth's and to the south of HO's castle. Primo location there.

In some countries it's considered impolite to set up residence in your neighbor's front yard.

^ This. There's a whole world of nice open spaces, in an enormous (infinite?) world. Why build within a stones throw of 3 other people? (especially as a there's a lot of stuff expanding out below ground).

No comment at all about the little building that I just noticed has been built near my ruins :)

Was it me? I'll sure raze it to the ground if I encroached. I usually mark my huts. Are your ruins toward the sea, because I never venture that way because of boat failure

Doesn't matter either way. I was a bit curious though.. its a small building with a couple of water features/streams, and a bedroom with a view out over some of my creations.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1769 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

Could I get the IP? Is it easier if I PM CF?

Also, have you guys thought about using Ventrilo or something similar? I can't scan this beast of a thread to find out. Have I suggested that before? Anyway, talking while gaming is a blast...I might set up a Vent server here in a bit for people to use if the idea catches on.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#1770 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

I like the idea of using vent. wish I could get around to MC more often, but there's other things taking up my time.

#1771 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:07 AM

View PostTrull, on 31 March 2011 - 01:58 AM, said:

I like the idea of using vent. wish I could get around to MC more often, but there's other things taking up my time.

Thanks for the IP. I agree, I wish I had more time to play. Seeing some recent pictures has enticed me to wander around a bit.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#1772 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

What is this vent server thing you speak of?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1773 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 31 March 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

What is this vent server thing you speak of?

http://www.ventrilo.com/

It's basically a hosted server application that allows clients to connect and authenticate and then transmit/receive audio signals. It's like talking on the phone, except you can have a whole lot of people in a single channel and they can all talk/listen at the same time. You can also have multiple channels, so some people can talk about Minecraft, others about random stuff, others about...oh...the Malaz podcast. Or whatever. All you need is speakers/headphones and a mic. You can just listen, too, if you don't have a mic. It's extremely common (or used to be) in games like World of Warcraft, for instance, when 40+ people need to coordinate a raid. It's also nice in team FPS games like Call of Duty.

Anyway, talking > typing when you are gaming, so Vent is the shit. At least, I like it... :gando:

#1774 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

just updated again. Rhulad was having trouble, figured update was probably the cause.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1775 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

Oh wow....minecarts are pure poison. Spent 2 hours last night getting minecart transit working between Castle CF and Moon spawn. It works now finally, but holy crap. What a time sucker.

I think I'm going to stick with other types of building projects from now on. That was too much.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1776 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

I fell into a giant lake of lava and was incinerated. 

#1777 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

I fell off my marker column while holding the creep/crouch button - death far from spawn, full inventory lost

#1778 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

I was sad that all my stuff was incinerated after I fell into the lava. So when I got back to my pit I jumped off the edge into my lava lake.

#1779 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

That's the way she goes now.

Note - keep armor on if you're working at height. Crouch can be glitchy. It won't save you from every fall but it makes a big difference, even off like 20 or 30 blocks

Note also - armor does not save you from lava.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1780 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

I literally can't leave the spawn point, nor can I:

- enter the tower;
- dig a cube of dirt out to make a walkway to jump over the fence;
- demolish a part of the fence;
- demolish the door from the spawn zone to the world.

This was already the case yesterday night when I logged, hoping it would just be lag, but was the same this morning.
I'll go and continue logging in and out for a while now :)
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

28 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users