• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1721 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

I have to get into this again.
Luckily, I finished dragon age 2, and cancelled mafia.
Soooo, here I come.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1722 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

Clockwork Apt, on 22 March 2011 - 10:43 AM, said:

When you activate that special block he placed at the end of the bridge, it creates "the planet cracker". It basically tears up every ressource found underneath the glass dome and it pops out on top. gold, coal, water, diamond, etc. Basically it empties that chunk of everything it is worth.

What I really liked was the animation showing all the blocks moving up through the glass chamber.

That is rather awesome and, I assume, very handy for digging large pits!

Why did he make the thing so tall though? Surely if it's only digging into the ground, it only needs to be a block above ground level? And then you wouldn't have to climb up that massive thing every time.

It would also be very good for creating very large glass cylinders!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1723 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

Trull, on 22 March 2011 - 02:49 AM, said:

cerveza_fiesta, on 21 March 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

Thanks for the update. Yeah, up-close images would be great if you want.See if you can get 2 closeups of the main area. One encompassing the western main area from Jim's down to the pyramid and fort Kanubis, then another encompassing the eastern main area from Jim's and up to Traveller's area. It would also be great to have a full zoom-in of Ygatan only and d'rek's area. His lava house is incredible.

I didn't have time to do this today, but I'll get around to it tomorrow afternoon after class. Can anyone suggest any good free picture editing software (I rarely work with pictures so I'm a little behind on the times in that area). I could try to hash it out with paint, but that's a pain.

I've been using Gimp 2 for awhile now and find it pretty stable & useful & free.

It has the basic image editing stuff and a lot more complicated stuff hidden there if you want to get into it more. It can also save in damn near any pic format you want.

Also had an excellent session last night. Putting some important elements of Castle CF in place, like the main entrance ramp & laying out one of the main upper tier walls.

Finally had some inspiration last night on how to finish the keep on top of the mountain. It's going to look really cool I think.

One question RE minecarts though - How far can you coast in a minecart if you hit a flat traveling at max speed after descending a good sized hill? My aqueduct from MS to Castle CF is way too narrow for boats, so I'm putting a railway on one of the sides for quick travel back and forth. I'm wondering if I'm going to need a booster 1/2 way or something. I guess the best way is just to try it.

EDIT - APT return to the darkside!!

We need somebody to fix up the entrances to the Azath. Creeper detonations have ruined the main paths. We should use our op powers to generate some bedrock and make the paths out of that instead of flimsy one-layer-thick dirt. I was thinking it would be cool to fence in the approach paths as well to keep the baddies at a minimum.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 22 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1724 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

cerveza, any chance I can get the new IP? I'm way on business at the moment and have time to play in the evenings.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1725 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

I agree with CF on his last point. I was too scared to have a look in the Azath because there was a creeper on the path and I'd already managed to blow up the spawn point that day.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1726 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

That is my project for tonight. Being the only one who can do it, I'm going to improve the spawn area, fire some tools/weapons in the chests and fence it all in so the area is safe.

Since Jim isn't really on ever anymore, I was thinking of converting his castle into the new spawn fort. Have a fenced walkway to lead folks up there to resupply and access the skybridge system.

Is anybody working on getting rails on the skybridge yet? I know a few of the links have rails now.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1727 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

We need another mass assault on the Azath - hopefully I can participate this time
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1728 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

I know. That last azath assault was amazing.

Main thing that needs doing right now is a wide obsidian pathway, obsidian door arches and steel doors. Fencing will keep out the baddies. I was also thinking we could put in a glass-covered walkway that would totally prevent access by monsters - with an obsidian floor just in case.

Although, I kinda like the idea of having to fight your way in, so maybe just an obsidian path to prevent holes in the ground and steel doors / obsidian door arches on the main access point. We should definitely fill the other 3 entrances since they're not really necessary anyway.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1729 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

I agree. Half the fun of the Azath is trying to get in alive... as it should be.

#1730 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

What about possibly extending the pathway and having it really dangerous up to a certain point but then you get a safe zone immediately around the entrance? It does protect the actual structure, too.

#1731 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

I added a couple of new ops today. Hermanbarman and HiddenOne.

They are new but are both nice smart block-shaped fellows who can help you with your inventory replacement and stuck-on-a-fence-again needs.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1732 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! (but I forgot the theme song, so I guess it's not me)
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1733 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

Anyone care to re-send me the IP? 44 pages is a tiny bit much :rolleyes:

#1734 User is offline   hmqb 

• The Abyssmal Army's Official Cult Expert and Brainwasher
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:05 AM

cerveza_fiesta, on 21 March 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

Is the church right near where I wrote "Moon Spawn" and "castle CF"?

I haven't been to that area. I thought the gray there was a quarry for the big pyramid.

Also, what the heck is HMQB building...just a giant box?

Im building perfection!

well I'm actually not playing but thats not the point!
-

#1735 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

I'm getting odd glitches - can't open doors and such. Weird.

#1736 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

I minecarted past your big box there last night HMQB. Looks cool. Did you have to fill in a bunch of ocean for that? Cos that's epic. I was on my way to Ygatan and fell off the stupid skybridge AGAIN. I still haven't toured ygatan cause I can't seem to get there without falling. The rail system to ygatan from the main area is totally fucked too...the boosters are all wrecked and there's big chunks missing from the tracks.

Took a few hours last night to creeper-proof the spawn and refill the chests there with some starter materials. I also built a direct link to the skybridge in case you spawn there at night.

I put lots of bows and arrows in there too so you can escape the spawn with your life over ground if you need to. That is more for new players though, so don't drain all the materials. It's a pain to fill up the chests.

Next time I'm getting to ygatan come hell or high water, or falls off the skybridge. I'm going to leave a couple of chests there full of Nether sand so you can catch it all on fire again. I'll throw a couple of blocks in the spawn too so folks can re-ignite their torches and fireplaces. Mods can spawn you blocks too if you need em.

Current moderators are:

Apt (kkjsorensen)
Me (cerveza_fiesta)
Traveller (MalazTraveller)
Hidden One (HiddenOne)
_____________ (Hermanbarman) - can never remember which malaz forum member that is.
Slippery Jim (SlipperyJim)
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1737 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

I'll check out the spawn later. Having looked at the map, it looks like I can do a straight linking tunnel directly to my waterfront area from the spawn - it's getting annoying travelling back overland with mobs roaming about.

And I keep falling off things.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1738 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

Traveller, on 23 March 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

I'll check out the spawn later. Having looked at the map, it looks like I can do a straight linking tunnel directly to my waterfront area from the spawn - it's getting annoying travelling back overland with mobs roaming about.

And I keep falling off things.

finish the fencing job on the canal and you could use that :rolleyes:

Actually, boats are still too jerky to use in the canal. Ever since they made it so boats are visible by all players. Back when it looked like everybody was pulling a jesus christ when using boats, they worked perfectly.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1739 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

The canals are fairly useless at the moment - especially the stretches with fencing, as you can't get out and walk along the side instead!

I keep optimistically checking the boats, but they really are too glitchy to use.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1740 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

Yeah. It makes me sad about the boats. They were so great for getting around before whatever update made them suck.

The fencing does keep stuff out of the canals...mainly creepers...and you can get out on the stones along the sides and walk if you want to. Maybe I'll add some fence gates when I get around to finishing the fencing project.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic