• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1681 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:51 AM

I'm having a few lag problems for the first few minutes after starting it up, but otherwise it's not too bad. The blocks will occasionally glitch back into place, and also for some reason a random line of cobble stairs will turn invisible (they are there in a physical sense - they can be broken up) but they are just... invisible. They do reappear if a regular block is placed alongside them, which looks odd but it's better than a hole in the roof.

Zombies spawn anywhere dark. I saw one right on the top of a tree last night, just gazing around.

Feel free to come for a wander through the alleys of the waterfront, it's all there to be explored.

Suggestions for additions welcome.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1682 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:06 AM

Directions to the waterfront from the Azath would be fantastic. Hopefully I can make my way there without anything being inadvertently blown up by trailing creepers.

Also, I'm too scared to get any closer to the Azath that the canal terminal place, as I saw me a creeper down the path and I don't have a bow or anything.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1683 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

You guys make me want to buy this game and just check out all the stuff you've made...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#1684 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

View PostGothos, on 16 March 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

You guys make me want to buy this game and just check out all the stuff you've made...

Go on, it's good value.

And then when you've checked out what's there, you can build something.. interesting. The addition of coloured dyes is good, as are the half-blocks of wood and cobble - you can be more creative.

From the Azath, it's probably easiest to follow the canal to get to the waterfront - it leads right to it. Best to walk as the boats still don't work properly. From the spawn point I usually walk out past Apts temple and follow the coast for a quicker route.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1685 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

I can probably do the map. I'll post some pictures of a fallout minecraft map that I was messing with today (I didn't make the fallout map, I'm just using the save file)

#1686 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

test post

Posted Image

was going to remove this, but I won't because it's funny. I'm gonna try again :)

This post has been edited by Trull's son: 16 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

#1687 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Here's what we could expect if I go for an Isometric look.

Posted Image

The brownish gray outline is actually in the server, so there's no worry that we'll get one with our server

This post has been edited by Trull's son: 16 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

#1688 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

And as always, there will be a 2d above shot of the map. I would make another one of this fallout map, but it looks like crap because of the brown outline.

#1689 User is offline   Pathfinder 

• Recruit

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:05 AM

The fires at Y'Ghatan burn no longer

#1690 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Do you use Cartographer? I've been using it for my offline world. works a treat. Cant figure out how to set it up for the online world. guess you need the base files or some such. it'll be handy to see exactly where everything is and all the free land is.

ahh I hope the fires at Y'ghatan aren't my fault. I was on the sky bridge watching it burn. and then the fires started winking out. and by morning there was no fires left. looked pretty epic though.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#1691 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

View PostSammehmander Rake, on 17 March 2011 - 09:15 AM, said:

Do you use Cartographer? I've been using it for my offline world. works a treat. Cant figure out how to set it up for the online world. guess you need the base files or some such. it'll be handy to see exactly where everything is and all the free land is.

Way back when I did the last one, I just renamed the appropriate file from the backup so that the game regarded it as one of my single player maps.

Then I burned down the Azath :)
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1692 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

Yea I am going to use Cartograph G, and do exactly as Kanubis described. I'm waiting on the save file from CF though.

No worries about Y'Ghatan, it had to happen at some point, and at least someone was there to appreciate its last moments.

#1693 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

Coming soon..... pet wolves (I may have to start playing this game and join the nerd zeitgeist)

#1694 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:43 AM

View PostButtstad Cheekhammer, on 19 March 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

Coming soon..... pet wolves (I may have to start playing this game and join the nerd zeitgeist)

that is sooooooo effin cool!! I remember hearing Notch mention a pet system was being made! PIXEL WOLVES FTW! wonder when its set to release?
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#1695 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:17 AM

View PostSammehmander Rake, on 19 March 2011 - 03:43 AM, said:

View PostButtstad Cheekhammer, on 19 March 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

that is sooooooo effin cool!! I remember hearing Notch mention a pet system was being made! PIXEL WOLVES FTW! wonder when its set to release?

Link

#1696 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:32 AM

I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR THIS.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1697 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

Some frustration resizing it, but here's sky view full size (the yellow lines and dots are torches).

Posted Image

I'll get around to zooming in on specific projects. I wanted to use an isometric map, but it wouldn't render properly. Instead I'll be using an oblique angled view (which is close enough for me). Hopefully I'll get the rest up today.

#1698 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

I didn't read through much of previous posts.

Fires on Ygatan went out? That's teh suxx.

We can definitely spawn up some hellworld dirt to get it burning again if you want. Any of the ops or myself can do this. thats Apt (kjsorensen), MalazTraveller and Cerveza_fiesta.

Anybody on quite a bit these days want an upgrade to op status and volunteer to help out other malaz minecrafters in need?

It's as simple as adding your name to a list. Just PM me.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1699 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

This is our Malazan Empire (minus a couple outlying projects). It's big.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Trull's son: 20 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

#1700 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

Nice! There are a lot of projects on that map.

All the fires went out everywhere else too, must be an update. I'll have to look at the hellworld blocks.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users