• You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1261 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

I just have no idea what went on.

I did probably 6ish hours of work to Moon Spawn upper areas, including some watchtowers and building full upper floors. I did it yesterday and the day before and now it is all reset to what it looked like last weekend.

Is it even possible for the game to only reset one player?

It happened a few server updates ago too...nothing serious, but stuff that I built was reset by a few days.

Very strange.

EDIT - yep, did a check. 100% of what I did from the server update that brought back damage to players and the potential to turn on mobs is reset to the day before that update.

Anybody else?

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 26 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1262 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

C_F, I've lost work too, but bizarrely it's spatially based rather than chronologically based. Meaning that for instance, I build a square building. Rather than the top bit, that I added later, disappearing a 'square' of land has reverted to it's previous state, actually shearing off a wall of the building. It's very strange. Stuff nearby that I worked on after that is fine.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1263 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

chalk it up to alpha I guess.

Oh well.

If apt or jim can spawn me some new tools, arrows and a stack of iron ore, I'm good. I kinda wanted to re do a few portions of upper moon spawn that I wasn't quite happy with anyway.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1264 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

Damn, I did loads the last couple of days... now I want to get home and see if it's all still there...
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1265 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

Well if Kanubis is right, you're cool, and you're next to HO who said everything was cool with his stuff.

I imagine you're fine.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1266 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

No, CF, I just checked Traveller's place and the whole thing has reverted to a pasture full of cows. With a lake. And a small hill covered with yellow flowers. And one tree. Unfortunately, that one tree is on fire. :)

EDIT: :D hee hee hee

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 26 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1267 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

I've been offline for a week or so and as such has not been much use as an Admin and in the coming weeks I reckon I will be playing a lot more on my PS3 instead of playing Minecraft.

As such, I would like to suggest a new co-admin be selected for the server to help Jim, or maybe two? It would be smart to have two people who are in opposite time zones. As an example Kanubis (who is from my time zone) and Cerveza, since they both seem to be very active.

#1268 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

And so it begins.

I knew Holidays would send gamers running to consoles.

Wish I had a new console.:)
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1269 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

It's not the console. It's the TV.

I just bought a new 42 inch flat screen. It's almost twice as big as the old one and a hundred times the picture quality. The difference in the experience when playing PS3 games is astounding.

#1270 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

Eh, much as I love power, I'm frequently required to travel for work, during which time I login very infrequently Therefore, another European mght be better. As a case in point, I'm abroad now and very drunk. On an unrelated note, Chile sxeem to do wonders with their Sauvignon Blanc, Hmmm. PS. If we want an 'other side of the pacific' mod, D'rek is on a lot in that tiem zone.

I fucking love New World Sauvignon Blancc.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1271 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

Why can't I pick anything up? Nothing will go into my inventory; it just lies there on the floor doing nothing.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1272 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

I find that only happens with the plant shoots/seeds. I dig a load up, and they just sit there...

Anyhoo, l just found this... real Minecraft!

Attached File  IMG_3319b.jpg (91.28K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1273 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

Damn, I didn't get any of my work un-done. I was hoping it would undo me accidentally blowing up all my stored resources...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1274 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

I can probably do N. American time zone, though I'd suggest maybe somebody who's able to attend the needs of the populace all day. I can't at work unfortunately and usually am only on at night if I'm going to be at all.

I am often on, but only in fits and starts...but if nobody wants to do it, then I will for sure.

Just suggesting there might be a better choice than myself, but if not I'm totally fine with it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1275 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

I'm back on wireless for the moment. Haven't tried it yet, but Minecraft may start playing up again.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1276 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:23 AM

I have not been on the server in a while and won't be until my internet service is set up in a week or so. Just managed to sneak some internet from a neighbour. wanted to say that the destroyed progress that some of you have seen is completely area related. I noticed it on the sky bridge that was being extended from Y'Ghatan area. Two stretches of the bridge have disappeared completely, and since we had one at ground level and in the sky, it is pretty obvious that the area was reset. strangely enough, the stretches are pretty small, maybe less than 40 blocks long in those two areas. Guess that's alpha for you.
Have to say, love the ideas being thrown around about the arenas, and I would be willing to work on the established pvp area. you know, when i get connected once again.

This post has been edited by Trull's son: 28 November 2010 - 02:25 AM

#1277 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

Finally have MS looking good on the upper floors again. A lot of the time spent on the first iteration was conceptual and trial/error. Second time through it was much much quicker since I didn't have to spend time humming and haahing over what do do. Got to get me a diamond pick again though. I want to do some stuff with Obsidian but cannot dig it with measly steel tools.

It looks a lot better than it did last time too. I haven't applied much in the way of finishing touches, but the general layout is good now.

Any more consensus on the arena?

I'm going to keep digging the pit under MS regardless. If y'all want to arenify it then we totally can.

I was just thinking for PvP it might be a good idea if we can turn off the floating names above everyones' head. They are kind of a dead giveaway on your position since they can be seen through any and all materials.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1278 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:45 AM

server might need a little kick in the pants.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1279 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

Send Jim a PM.

#1280 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

Done.

Now that moon spawn is re-rebuilt I'm stoked to go see some of the new members' stuff. I have yet to visit morgoth's chapel or Y'gatan.

Who else is new and building cool stuff? Or old and building new stuff? You get your sea-dome excavated yet Apt?

A lot of notch's current fixes include proper weapon damage and proper damage to enemies. Monsters could be a reality very soon I think.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 30 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic