• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1061 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Patch tomorrow - with working minecarts in SMP! A few other MP fixes, but not the actual monsters and health yet.

Oh, and buckets will work. And we'll see cows and sheep (apparently we've had cows and sheep all along, but they were disguised as pigs and chickens. Which explains the mystery leather some of the chickens drop anyway...)
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1062 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

EDIT: So slow...

YESSSSSS!

http://notch.tumblr.com/

An update is coming tomorrow
First of all, most "mods" that add new features to the game are in a very gray area legally, and I frown upon them. Most of them add really cool new features, though. It's highly likely that something like the bridge mod will make it into the game.

Now, the update.
I was going to release this today, but it's 6 pm already and my fiancée turns 30 today (I love you, ez!), so I'll go eat a nice dinner instead.

Here's what's already done for the update:

General fixes:
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom texture packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly

Multiplayer fixes:
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before "Took too long to log in"
* made it possible to ride carts and boats (pigs should work too..)

There are a couple of bugs left, like it not being possible to steer the boats yet, and other players not having the riding animation when riding. Fishing also works horribly poorly. Once I've fixed that tomorrow, I'll release an update for both the server and the client.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 09 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

#1063 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

"hellworld = true" does this mean we get to use portals?! It is going to be awesome, but i can see there being huge bugs to work out.

#1064 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:37 AM

Nope. That command does not open the portals. Instead it merges the natural world with hell. The sky turns dark and Ghasts and Pigmen spawn in the normal world.

#1065 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

Has anyone found/caught any fish yet?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1066 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

Not yet, I've been waiting for it to work in Multiplayer. I have my fishing rod ready!

And some spare string, if anyone needs it.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1067 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

so wait.

we can or cannot go to hell now?

I should probably deactivate my portal by M.S. for the time being so I don't get ghasts blowing the shit out of my carefully constructed mountain.

Anybody going to start work on minecarts for the skybridges? That would be boss.

I have a bunch of already-cooked steel to donate to whoever is taking on that challenge. I am going to bow out of it. I've already made one mass-transit system for the server....which I love using at every opportunity.

Also, nice pics by Traveler of the view from Rake's balcony. I'm going to make myself a Rake skin here before too long. Didn't you make yours D'rek? It's as easy as editing an image file right?

EDIT

@ Traveller, Hidden one and Tapper,

I started the canal fencing project, but ran out after completing the arm to Apt's and Morgoths, and over to the spawn. I didn't finish the entire arm out to tappers nor the long branch out to HO's and Travelers. It's been working really well to keep livestock out of the water. If you guys are looking for something to do...

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 10 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1068 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

@ CF - Hint taken, but I've been about too busy to practice personal hygeine, much less perform MC community service. I'll work on that some at my next chance though, my most recent mine is very lame.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1069 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:46 PM

ha...I'll do it myself eventually. Just saying if you're at a loss for something to build then go for it.

@Apt,

Giant sphere eh...I was thinking of doing something like that., except have it only 1/2 of a sphere...Biodome style...like have it start underwater and emerge from the lake and have trees growing in it and all that. Somewhere W of me and kanubis where the ocean is really deep.

60 square diameter is fucking huge too man. MS is only 45 and just filling in the floor took me hours.

Of course, you are responsible for the behemoth azath project...so I'm preaching to the choir here. That thing is going to pwn once you get some monsters spawining in it.

General question,

Any idea how I can get some grass to grow on MS? What's the proximity relationship for grass to even grow...within one square of other grass or something?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1070 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

I've already fenced the end by the sea past mine, but most of it is raised and doesn't need any. I'll try to put some more up in between projects...

@CF what was that skin you were 'wearing' when I saw you? Did you make that?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 10 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1071 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 10 November 2010 - 01:26 PM, said:

Also, nice pics by Traveler of the view from Rake's balcony. I'm going to make myself a Rake skin here before too long. Didn't you make yours D'rek? It's as easy as editing an image file right?

Yup, the easy way is you just open the .png file in paint, zoom in all the way and turn on 'view gridlines' so you see individual pixels and start editing. Minepedia has a handy layout of what zones are what body parts and sides.

Even better, though, is to download MCSkinEdit and use that, because it gives you an editer with the zones shown right underneath. If you have one non-white pixel anywhere you shouldn't it won't work, too.

When your .png file is done, you go to the minecraft site >> preferences and upload it there.

The hardest parts are the head (so very blocky it's hard not to make it look like a giant deformity) and the arms (they rotate when they swing so no particular side always faces in any direction).

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1072 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

so wait.

we can or cannot go to hell now?

I should probably deactivate my portal by M.S. for the time being so I don't get ghasts blowing the shit out of my carefully constructed mountain.

The "Hell true" thingy is not a useful or even preferable atternative. It will transform the world into hell. Which would suck ass.

Ghasts are not going to appear anywhere unless Jim turns on monster spawning, which is turned off for the time being until server side health is implemented by Notch (which doesn't sound like it will happen before Beta).

Also, it doesn't look like Ghast bombs can actually destroy cobble stone, only the softer materials like dirt, brimstone, gravel, etc.

Anybody going to start work on minecarts for the skybridges? That would be boss.

I have a bunch of already-cooked steel to donate to whoever is taking on that challenge. I am going to bow out of it. I've already made one mass-transit system for the server....which I love using at every opportunity.

Also, nice pics by Traveler of the view from Rake's balcony. I'm going to make myself a Rake skin here before too long. Didn't you make yours D'rek? It's as easy as editing an image file right?i

Well, no harm in begining to lay down the tracks I guess. How ever, lets wait and see what the verdict is. From the sound of it, Notch hasn't ironed out all the kinks yet.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 10 November 2010 - 01:46 PM, said:

@Apt,

Giant sphere eh...I was thinking of doing something like that., except have it only 1/2 of a sphere...Biodome style...like have it start underwater and emerge from the lake and have trees growing in it and all that. Somewhere W of me and kanubis where the ocean is really deep.

60 square diameter is fucking huge too man. MS is only 45 and just filling in the floor took me hours.

Of course, you are responsible for the behemoth azath project...so I'm preaching to the choir here. That thing is going to pwn once you get some monsters spawining in it.

Not 60 in diameter. 60 in radius. 120 in diameter. 60 high. 60 deep.

General question,

Any idea how I can get some grass to grow on MS? What's the proximity relationship for grass to even grow...within one square of other grass or something?

Roughly one block yes. If you make a dirt track, with dirt stairs from Moons Spawn to a grassy area then the grass will slowly creep its way to the mountain.

But why on earth do you want grass on MS? That sounds... silly.

Also you'll get animals spawning everywhere on it.

#1073 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Can't login to server "Outdated Client"

WTF?

Anybody else with this? Also it glitched (re-spawning blocks) and booted me before this happened

SP working fine.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1074 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

We can't log in before Jim updates the server. The version you are running has stuff in it that is not compatible with the server now. So, patience, hopefully Jim has been keeping tabs and is just at work or something.

#1075 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

I'll donate my iron to whoever wants to tackle the tracks on the skybridge. better than having it just sitting around.

#1076 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Seeing as I have some 1500 bars of iron saved up currently, I don't think Iron will be too much of a problem.

#1077 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

woa, alright then. Guess my 40 bars is a pitiful hoard.

#1078 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Well, you can make them into minecarts.

#1079 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

I got about 3 stacks now. I barely use it though.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1080 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

In regards to tracks.. i just found out the hard way what happens if you accidentally tip a bucket of water down a mine entrance that has tracks running down to the bedrock.

I was only spending a few minutes on SP too..

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

43 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users