• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1021 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

I wonder if it works under water. I've seen that the pumpkin lanterns work under water.

#1022 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

It works the same as the pumpkins, just not as bright.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1023 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:12 PM

Server updated and data backed up.

I don't think we'll see many changes in MP though.

Also - you guys have been VERY busy! :)

Jim

#1024 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

Noooo, I was going to do some reading while the MC server couldn't distract me... stupid procrastination obsession.

#1025 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

View PostAptorian, on 31 October 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

Noooo, I was going to do some reading while the MC server couldn't distract me... stupid procrastination obsession.

I was going to procrastinate, now i'll do this instead.
meh. Link was dead :(

#1026 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

I went on a big exploration trip, the biomes are really fun. There's a HUGE tundra a ways past my place - nothing like endless snow and no trees farther than the render distance can see! I'm not sure if I can tell the difference between rainforest, woods, etc. yet but the grass desert is an interestingly subtle one - you don't really realize you're in it for a while until suddenly you notice there's no trees!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1027 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

Hey been playing MC on single player survival for quite a while now. Just wondering if i could get the server name and contribute to the fun. I do not break stuff, and have recently discovered my love of mine carts.
Which brings me to another question. Any of you know how powered mine carts work?

#1028 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

View PostTrull, on 31 October 2010 - 06:01 PM, said:

Which brings me to another question. Any of you know how powered mine carts work?

You mean boosted minecarts? It's actually a kind of bug. You need to make a seperate track running next to your mine track, when your minecart drives be another one it gets a kick and runs at max speed for quite a while.

Do a search on youtube for Minecart boosters to learn how to build one.

Anyway minecarts don't work properly in Multiplayer yet. PM Jim if you are interested in getting invited...

#1029 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

Just mined into a gigantic tunnel system. Ran out of torches and there's still a good amount unexplored, so I'll have to go back later. Still, so far I've got 2 stacks of iron, 1 of gold, 10 diamond, and 4 stacks of coal. Also a good amount of Obsidian down there to be mined, tons of waterfalls and giant lava pools.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#1030 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

Looks like the Painterly Pack site is being updated for the new patch (has anyone managed to successfully install a new skin?) Hopefully it won't take long, as I can't get used to the native now, it looks so much worse!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1031 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

Most of the old texture packs should still work, but unless they have been updated they wont work properly in Hell.

#1032 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

On Notch's latest blog post he's said that Survival Multiplayer will be his top priority after a couple of day's rest.

One interesting thing that isn't relevant to us yet but could be one day - Notch plans a feature where if two MP server administrators agree to it, the Nether can be used a link between those two servers, essentially allowing several MP worlds to coexist. Could also be used to migrate all our stuff if we ever decide to migrate to a new world for whatever reason.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1033 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

View PostTrull, on 31 October 2010 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hey been playing MC on single player survival for quite a while now. Just wondering if i could get the server name and contribute to the fun. I do not break stuff, and have recently discovered my love of mine carts.

PM Slippery Jim to get the server IP.

Also, powered minecarts are described on the minecraft wiki (search it in google). I know that once you build one you need to feed it coal to make it go. It acts as a pusher, so you build a powered minecart, then put a passenger cart in front of it, jump in, click the powered cart to add coal and away you go.

you can also put chests in minecarts for ferrying junk back to home base from your quarry or cave or whatever.

EDIT also @ Trull

It's pretty obvious on there what areas have been staked out by players. Just pick an unused mountain / prairie and build away.

If you're reasonably close I'll put you on the canal system too.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 01 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1034 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

A suggestion.

In the future, when you go exploring, bring a stack of Obsidian.

If and when you find a cool scenery/mountain/valley/biome or you decide to create a new base somewhere, then you can create a Portal allowing other people to stumble through in the future.

Today I went exploring and found a nice mountain in a snow area. So I made myself a base, recovered some Obsidian from the bedrock (which took for fucking ever) and made a portal so that somebody else might find it in the future when we one day can enter hell.

#1035 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

The server is awesome all. Well done and hope I can manage to add something to the collection.

#1036 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:55 AM

I keep traveling distances I think are far away, then running in to things like this...

Posted Image
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1037 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 01 November 2010 - 12:25 PM, said:

[
Also, powered minecarts are described on the minecraft wiki (search it in google). I know that once you build one you need to feed it coal to make it go. It acts as a pusher, so you build a powered minecart, then put a passenger cart in front of it, jump in, click the powered cart to add coal and away you go.

you can also put chests in minecarts for ferrying junk back to home base from your quarry or cave or whatever.

i've tried this, but when you get in one cart and feed the powered one coal, it heads off in the other direction... on it's own! Maybe you have to feed it coal and then jump in once it's started.

EDIT unless you can sit on the powered one and feed it coal..

This post has been edited by Traveller: 02 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1038 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

hmm.

Never played with them a lot in single player.

I just saw that on youtube videos.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1039 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

From my tinkering, it looks like powered minecarts go in the opposite direction from where you're standing when you put coal into them. Either way, they're useless because they aren't powerful enough to even push a chestcart up a small hill. Until the have the power of a booster, I know I won't be playing with them again.

#1040 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

Cool update today. I was actually missing music in multiplayer.

http://notch.tumblr....ft-server-0-2-3

Minecraft Alpha 1.2.1, Minecraft Server 0.2.3
The server update is not mandatory, but you might want to update just to make sure.

This is a bugfixes only update:

* Signs on the sides of cacti no longer crash the game
* The player won’t get stuck on the top of the world in multiplayer
* Reverted mob spawning back to the old code, it was far to annoying. I have plans on what to do with this.
* Fixed the leaf particle colors
* Reduced CPU usage for monster spawning, but there’s still a lot of work to be done to reduce lag on SMP servers.
* Attempted to fix the portal dupe bug where you could exit through a different (new) one than the one you entered through.

About the portals, it’s possible that two portals can lead to the same portal in the Nether. This is because the space down there is compressed by a factor of 8, and I haven’t come up with a good way to fix this yet.
I might just end up doing an explicit one-to-one binding between portal pairs, but that’s nontrivial as it should survive the portal being temporarily destroyed. If you TNT a portal then rebuild it, you’d expect it to still lead to the same place, right?

Hmm.

More bug updates are coming next week, mainly related to survival mode multi player.

[edit:]

Client 1.2.1_01 fixes armor. And I forgot to mention that Music will play in multiplayer now as well.

From the sound of it, it looks like SMP will be getting a lot of love in the coming weeks. I admit I am begining to tire of playing the game with no danger. We really need health and enemies.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

43 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users