• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#41 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

What kind of game is this exaclty?...can you ever interact with other peeps online or is it self contained each person has his own "world"?
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#42 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

fuck you apt

fuck you

up until 2 AM last night watching X adventures. I could not stop.

Fuck.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#43 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

Crap. X adventures made me buy the game. IT MADE ME DO IT!!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#44 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 10 September 2010 - 01:57 PM, said:

fuck you apt

fuck you

Fuck.

View PostBrynjar, on 10 September 2010 - 02:14 PM, said:

I, too, have stayed up much too late; also, it has convinced me to buy. I think Apt is secretly on commision.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#45 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

View Postdktorode, on 10 September 2010 - 12:11 PM, said:

What kind of game is this exaclty?...can you ever interact with other peeps online or is it self contained each person has his own "world"?

I haven't actually looked into the Multiplayer aspect of the game but there is one

There are servers you can log on to and I guess you can either play other peoples maps or you do some kind of shared experience thingy (EDIT: I mean experience the world, there is no experience points). As you saw in the water slide video on the other page there was a guy standing in the water that the player sailed past.

I just read on another page that there's talk of implementing some kind of server health? I think this means that the players may become able to fight each other. Which would be interesting if some asshole could move in on your territory, kill you and take over your fortress.

As for the single player aspect of the game. It is self cotained and completely open ended. The world builds new land almost into infinity. I believe there is a limit but the world potentially has a greater surface area than than the surface of Planet earth. The game is HUGE on a planetary scale.

It's just you battling the elements, killing monsters and digging holes in the earth and building what ever your fantasy can make up. It's extremely basic. Ugly yet beautiful in its simplicity. Horribly addictive.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 10 September 2010 - 01:57 PM, said:

fuck you apt

fuck you

Fuck.

It's pretty damn good isn't it. Have you gotten past Episode 14-15 yet where he begins to skip in the development and you can really see him get creative?

View PostBrynjar, on 10 September 2010 - 02:14 PM, said:

Excellent. Another convert.

View PostHiddenOne, on 10 September 2010 - 03:24 PM, said:

I, too, have stayed up much too late; also, it has convinced me to buy. I think Apt is secretly on commision.

MUHAHAHAHAHA.... I mean... We here at Apt, Aptorian and Apterson do not recognize any affiliation with Minecraft or this Notch person. *cough*

---------

That aside, Notch updates the game every Friday. One of the two updates to the Single Player is a compass that always points to where your spawn point is located. You wont have to get lost in the wilderness ever again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 10 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

#46 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:15 AM

Once I got drunk I found myself falling off my damn castle much more often.

Like now.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#47 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:19 AM

View PostAptorian, on 10 September 2010 - 08:20 PM, said:

View Postdktorode, on 10 September 2010 - 12:11 PM, said:

I haven't actually looked into the Multiplayer aspect of the game but there is one

There are servers you can log on to and I guess you can either play other peoples maps or you do some kind of shared experience thingy (EDIT: I mean experience the world, there is no experience points). As you saw in the water slide video on the other page there was a guy standing in the water that the player sailed past.

I just read on another page that there's talk of implementing some kind of server health? I think this means that the players may become able to fight each other. Which would be interesting if some asshole could move in on your territory, kill you and take over your fortress.

As for the single player aspect of the game. It is self cotained and completely open ended. The world builds new land almost into infinity. I believe there is a limit but the world potentially has a greater surface area than than the surface of Planet earth. The game is HUGE on a planetary scale.

It's just you battling the elements, killing monsters and digging holes in the earth and building what ever your fantasy can make up. It's extremely basic. Ugly yet beautiful in its simplicity. Horribly addictive.

Try youtubing for "spleef" to find some weird multiplayer arena battles.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#48 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:22 AM

Hmm...when I go to pay for this, it looks like it's going to ship something to my address...does it or can I just download it online?
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:34 AM

You're paying through http://www.minecraft.net/ and paypal right, or?

Maybe it just wants to send you a letter of purchase or something. The game it self is a small download, no physical copies are available as far as I recall.

EDIT: Holy Crap just looked at the statistics page on the homepage:

Gaining a lot of popularity. At 10 Dollars/Euro a player, it is making a lot of money a day.

Statistics
1310 players online, in 681 servers.
607584 registered users, of which 136273 (22.42%) have bought the game.
In the last 24 hours, 11954 people registered, and 4386 people bought the game.

Games started in the last 24 hours:
Minecraft Alpha: 170844
Minecraft Classic: 161207 (63.77% multiplayer, 81.05% free players)

Phased out versions:
Survival mode test: 3988
Indev: 953
Infdev: 563

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 11 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

#50 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

Question: redstone torches: what's the point? They don't light anything up :D
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#51 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

What the blazes is this?! Whilst mining, I kept hearing zombie groans through the walls. Curious, and hoping I'd fall upon a cast cave system with gold and diamonds and what not, I started hacking myself towards the sound. All of the sudden I break through to a room filled with zombies, with this little contraption in the centre of it. Also, the entire floor was made of those greenish you can see at the bottom left. I've trawled through Minepedia, but I'm not really any smarter than before. Any of you have any idea at all?

PS! it's broke now. Apparently hitting it several times with a pick axe destroys the thing.

Edit: Never mind. It's a Mob-Spawner. But I still haven't found out what those greenish blocks are.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Brynjar: 11 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

Legalise drugs! And murder!

#52 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

My tower is almost complete (I've been working on it for two damned days!)...got to finish it this evening, maybe, then I'll show you it's awesomeness...

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#53 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

View PostGreen Pig, on 11 September 2010 - 11:30 AM, said:

Question: redstone torches: what's the point? They don't light anything up :D

Redstone torches are a kind of powersource. I haven't begun experimenting with them yet myself but they work both as a switch and, more importantly, as a second connection if you're trying to make something like a pressure switch open more than one door at a time for example. This is shown in one of the "X's Adventures" videos. I think it is around 18-20 that he shows them.

I'm sure there's some videos of it on Youtube.

EDIT:

View PostBrynjar, on 11 September 2010 - 12:52 PM, said:

What the blazes is this?! Whilst mining, I kept hearing zombie groans through the walls. Curious, and hoping I'd fall upon a cast cave system with gold and diamonds and what not, I started hacking myself towards the sound. All of the sudden I break through to a room filled with zombies, with this little contraption in the centre of it. Also, the entire floor was made of those greenish you can see at the bottom left. I've trawled through Minepedia, but I'm not really any smarter than before. Any of you have any idea at all?

PS! it's broke now. Apparently hitting it several times with a pick axe destroys the thing.

Edit: Never mind. It's a Mob-Spawner. But I still haven't found out what those greenish blocks are.

I got fucked up by one of those things the first time I met it. I too heard the zombie groans and went searching for it. But I accidentally dropped into a pit and got over whelmed. Tried killing the zombies but more came out and at the time I didn't have much understanding of fighting them with the right equipment. Died a few more times trying to retrieve my stuff (I had iron bars on me, god damn it) and trying to Ninja the treasure chests. In the end I got fed up and I just blocked off the room again. A monument to my failure.

I later learned that you can stop a monster spawner by placing torches around it. I have now adapted the strategy of just rushing the thing and throwing torches every where.

I've never managed to destroy one of them. What kind of pick were you using, an Iron pick? Because my stone picks didn't seem to be useful against it.

I've considered trying to dump a bucket of Lava on one just to see the effect.

I've only ever seen those stones near a monster spawner I think they are just there for effect.

View PostGreen Pig, on 11 September 2010 - 03:31 PM, said:

My tower is almost complete (I've been working on it for two damned days!)...got to finish it this evening, maybe, then I'll show you it's awesomeness...

I'm working on a tower too, which I am planning to turn into a lava beacon, if I can figure out a way to get enough Lava up there. It started out as a stone wall around my first house and just grew and grew. Now it is a sky scraper of cobblestone. I wonder when I will hit the ceiling.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 12 September 2010 - 07:55 AM

#54 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

HUGE!

I think you will only realise how scary that is if you've played the game and encountered lava. This is nightmare fuel right here.

#55 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

Rain weather test that might eventually get patched in along with other weather types besides snow.

#56 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

View PostAptorian, on 12 September 2010 - 07:22 AM, said:

I think you will only realise how scary that is if you've played the game and encountered lava. This is nightmare fuel right here.

I hate lava because if you die by falling in or something, all your items get incinerated too.

#57 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

Making some good progress on the Apt Tower today. I still building up the pillars, I've passed the cloud layer but still haven't reached the ceiling. I'm also building a 5x5 deep and wide moat around the tower to keep the mobs at bay when I come outside.

Attached File  Aptower 1.jpg (94.27K)
Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  Aptower3.jpg (100.53K)

Attached File  Aptower2.jpg (115.27K)

Attached File  Aptower4.jpg (81.18K)

Attached File  Aptower5.jpg (48.61K)

Attached File  Aptower6.jpg (79.52K)

Attached File  Aptower7.jpg (110.53K)

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 12 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

#58 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:08 PM

BEHOLD! The finally completed tower. Starting from outside, moving inside and then all the way to the top:

Attached File  MC10.jpg (194.74K)

Attached File  MC9.jpg (129.83K)
(Those double doors have a pretty nifty redstome circuit to open both at the same time, using the leaver that you might just be able to see to the left of the doors - thanks for that video Apt.)

Attached File  MC8.jpg (145.93K)

Attached File  MC1.jpg (218.69K)

Attached File  MC2.jpg (217.29K)

Attached File  MC3.jpg (193.6K)

Attached File  MC4.jpg (195.67K)

Attached File  MC5.jpg (214.12K)

Attached File  MC6.jpg (200.28K)

Attached File  MC7.jpg (183.52K)

Any ideas for improvements? I need some kind of greenhouse for crops next, though I need to work out where to build it...

Nice tower, Apt...I want to see it when it's finished! :D

(Mine's build right up to the ceiling, so you'll run out of room fairly quickly now you've passed the clouds.)

#59 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

That looks very cool and some how alien in design. I like it. From a distance it looks like it is constructed out of gravel.

My own tower has reached the top now. I'm am planning to convert it into a Lava Beacon, with the lava running down from each of the four towers. But I've heard that lava no longer has a "spring block" like water does or that it behaves differently, so I'm going to have to do some experimenting before I begin converting the tower and implementing glass and the like.

But first I have to fill my moat.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 12 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

#60 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

The moat turned out to be a real pain in the ass.

In the start it was easy enough all though I had to move a lot of dirt and import a ton of stone to get the moat hollowed out and lined with pretty stone.

Attached File  Aptmoat1.jpg (142.84K)
Number of downloads: 1

Added an ugly bridge.

Attached File  Aptmoat2.jpg (134.61K)

Replaced it with a sexy wooden bridge.

Attached File  Aptmoat3.jpg (140.26K)

Preparing to add vwater...

Attached File  Aptmoat4.jpg (131.8K)

Well. That didn't do much at all. Gonna need a ton of water springs.

Attached File  Aptmoat5.jpg (115.57K)
Number of downloads: 1

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU... The springs are not filling up the bottom no matter how many I place. While I found out that it worked nicely as a monster trap, it's not going to make me happy.

Attached File  Aptmoat6.jpg (83.81K)

Okay, preparing rocket surgery on the moat with dirt bricks. I quit the game for some hours in frustration over the silly water mechanics when this idea hit me.

Attached File  Aptmoat7.jpg (125.34K)

Using the dirt as a roof I attached the spring blocks to the dirt keeping them in place. I found out I had to place a sping block on every surface area otherwise there would be gaps or holes in the moat.

Attached File  Aptmoat8.jpg (33.92K)

Attached File  Aptmoat9.jpg (62.94K)

And Voila, removing the dirt reveals new spring blocks staying in place filling out all the gaps. I was so fucking satisfied when I saw that.

Attached File  Aptmoat10.jpg (48.66K)

So beautiful. I'm going to be showing these pictures to my grandchildren.

Attached File  Aptmoat11.jpg (105.97K)

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users