• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#3501 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

PuTTY is timing out for me too, looks like server itself is down rather than the MC server process
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3502 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

alright, server did not automatically restart after late night maintenance, so it should be brought back online soon

in other news, our RAM allotment is being decreased by 1 GB but I hope this won't hurt us
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3503 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 30 April 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

alright, server did not automatically restart after late night maintenance, so it should be brought back online soon

in other news, our RAM allotment is being decreased by 1 GB but I hope this won't hurt us

:(
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3504 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

you'll never notice, corv, it was raised for the ModCraft requirements - if it kills the experience I will ask for reinstatement later on

unless you're a Mac user...oh wait...
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3505 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 30 April 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

you'll never notice, corv, it was raised for the ModCraft requirements - if it kills the experience I will ask for reinstatement later on

unless you're a Mac user...oh wait...

And will remain one. Just next time, I'm getting a better graphics/video card system.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3506 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'll try and check it every 15min or so for a server response and jump in and kick MC back to life however the latest batch of homebrew may interfere, especially as no dinner has yet been consumed (and I'm on a 9-5 for the remainder of the week so beer aplenty is the order of the day)

Edit:
As of now (00:10 UK time) no response form server. I'll try again in the morning.

This post has been edited by Messremb: 30 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3507 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

nothing yet. Those who can, keep checking and I'll have a look when I get home in an hour or so.

2gb total should not hurt us one bit. Whoever restarts, ensure that the java command specifies XMs2048M and Xmx2048 instead of the current numbers. That way java won't try to allocate more memory than we have. If you try to go over your RAM limit the game will just crash.

EDIT

Yes, RAM allotment was upped so we could use tekkit mods. Since we're not using them anymore, I think 2048 meg should be fine. The literature calls for 1024 minimum on a Vanilla server, but it's been my experience that everything runs smoother and with far less lag if we keep above that minimum limit.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 30 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3508 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

sorry guys, still a dead terminal.

Hopefully will be back up soon. The VPS admin knows now and is probably finding time to get us booted back up.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3509 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Update: We now have villagers. Please feel free to add village homes, improve the boxy houses that are already there, add doors, and generally grow the new village.

Zombie villagers can be converted to normal villagers when hit by a splash potion of weakness followed by a golden apple. They take 3 minutes to convert and as a result, if converted near dawn, need to be shaded until the transformation is complete.

What, where are these villagers? And there's zombie villagers as well?

Anyway, hope the server goes up soon.
No Touchy.

#3510 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 30 April 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Update: We now have villagers. Please feel free to add village homes, improve the boxy houses that are already there, add doors, and generally grow the new village.

Zombie villagers can be converted to normal villagers when hit by a splash potion of weakness followed by a golden apple. They take 3 minutes to convert and as a result, if converted near dawn, need to be shaded until the transformation is complete.

What, where are these villagers? And there's zombie villagers as well?

Anyway, hope the server goes up soon.

Me 2.

Villagers are to the southwest of glass mountain (basically next to that desert with the weird structure that was mistaken for a temple). if you step out of the Spire Deepmine, you'll see the village to your left (east).
~Abyss

#3511 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Server is back up people

#3512 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Beat me to it.

Just came in to post that very thing.

Lemme know if there are more issues. Our gracious host simply forgot to restart our vps after the last hardware reboot.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3513 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Gentlemen, we have some new problems...

Spoiler

Plus, I think I will have to go into creative to recover my stuff. A creeper blasted me near that first hole pictured (near ADL's place), and then suddenly I was falling from a deathly height, only to smash to my death on the green grass outside the hole.
~Abyss

#3514 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

K, so it appears to be for corrupted chunks around ADL's place. Messremb said he'd work on restoring them this weekend.

ADL, one hole goes through your house, so I would steer clear of building in your area for a bit until it's all restored. You were probably hanging round right at the time of the crash according to Mess.
~Abyss

#3515 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Yeah, as Gust says, there are 4 16x16 block areas that are not displaying. Since they're around ADLs place I'm making the assumption that someone was in world there when the server was taken down and being active areas they were somehow affected.

3 of the 4 areas are entirely natural areas - i.e. I can see down the holes that there was no intersections with works and the surface was just hills, the 4th cuts one edge of ADLs house by a couple of blocks. I'll force the respawn of the 4 holes, paste them in to the active world and cross my fingers - on Saturday most likely as I've got a horrifically busy week this week.

Any areas not actually a hole are not going to be affected at all so jump in still and keep building

#3516 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

I now officially dub thee Sir Chunk Whisperer of Mincraftonshireville

#3517 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hmmm I have never seen this except with the good old fashioned chunk load errors that are usually corrected when you log out and log back in.

Thanks for trying to correct it Mess.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3518 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostMessremb, on 02 May 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

Yeah, as Gust says, there are 4 16x16 block areas that are not displaying. Since they're around ADLs place I'm making the assumption that someone was in world there when the server was taken down and being active areas they were somehow affected.

3 of the 4 areas are entirely natural areas - i.e. I can see down the holes that there was no intersections with works and the surface was just hills, the 4th cuts one edge of ADLs house by a couple of blocks. I'll force the respawn of the 4 holes, paste them in to the active world and cross my fingers - on Saturday most likely as I've got a horrifically busy week this week.

Any areas not actually a hole are not going to be affected at all so jump in still and keep building

Uh, we have one more problem sir, one that ADL confirms he has no hand in...

Attached File  2013-05-01_20.09.23.png (1.14MB)
Number of downloads: 0

:apt:
~Abyss

#3519 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hey CF, could you update the server to 1.5.2?
~Abyss

#3520 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

SERVER UPDATED
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |