• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#541 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:09 AM

Right, it's possible I'm just losing it but I don't think so.

I swear my first mine has er.. un-dug itself. I dug pretty far down, set a lot of steps etc. But when I went back there last night it was just the first room. My second mine was still exactly how I'd dug it.

Is this supposed to happen?
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#542 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:42 AM

It was him.

or

Did you accidentally close the game down with out saving? If you did that may cause some of your work to reset.

I've also heard of the game just resetting some of the landscape with corrupt save files or glitch spawning.

I have to ask though are you sure you're in the right spot?

#543 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:10 AM

Short list of Q&A responses regarding the Halloween patch from Notchs twitter account

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 08 October 2010 - 05:10 AM

#544 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:51 AM

View PostAptorian, on 08 October 2010 - 04:42 AM, said:

It was him.

or

Did you accidentally close the game down with out saving? If you did that may cause some of your work to reset.

I've also heard of the game just resetting some of the landscape with corrupt save files or glitch spawning.

I have to ask though are you sure you're in the right spot?

I've only dug two mines, both starting close to my little hideaway, so I'm sure it's the right one! I still have the huge wad of coal I got from the bottom of the mine too, just the mine itself has mostly disappeared.  It's not actually an issue tbh, apart from the coal it was a failure of a mine anyway. 
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#545 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

SUCCESSSSSSSS!

My Super Mob Trap works! I am a Minecraft GOD! Some 20 hours + just came to fruition. I'm fucking pumped!

I started out by making the top dark room which would be the spawning ground. My initial wish was to have a 60x60 room. Turned out to be 83x83 to make room for 9 mob traps.

Attached File  Mob Spawner1.jpg (55.65K)
Number of downloads: 0

Excavating takes

Attached File  Mob Spawner2.jpg (70.01K)

a long time

Attached File  Mob Spawner3.jpg (70.45K)

I made 9 of these spread out across the room in a 3 rows of 3s. The idea being that there is plenty of surface area for the mobs to spawn on, but as they move about they will get caught by the arms of the cross. Each wing of the cross is 9 squares long which is the total length water will spread from a water spring block on an even surface + 1. Any longer and the water would go over the edge and the mobs could possibly crawl up the stream or just get caught. Any shorter and the mobs would not be pushed all the way.

Attached File  Mob Spawner4.jpg (65.18K)

The hole they are pushed into

Attached File  Mob Spawner5.jpg (48.9K)

The water in the cross pulls the mobs towards the hole that will take the mobs down through the system.

The water spring block placement was actually a mistake. Like mentioned above, in the design, the mob can get caught in or crawl up the water source. Look further down to see how I corrected it.

Attached File  Mob Spawner6.jpg (51.49K)

In the hole I make a new row of spring blocks in the wall that will push the mobs down the canal system.

Attached File  Mob Spawner11.jpg (50.81K)

Down they go towards the next hub

Attached File  Mob Spawner7.jpg (57.86K)

Where they meet and get taken towards the central hole where all the surrounding holes connect and fall down to the drowning poll.

Attached File  Mob Spawner8.jpg (54.96K)

It's weird, I'm starring at this screen shot and I honestly cannot understand where this is in the system... spooky.

Attached File  Mob Spawner9.jpg (46.49K)

This is the bottom of the central shaft. Quite a drop.

The water stream you see falling down is a water elevator I use to crawl up when I fall into the holes. It is not a part of the system as such water falls catch the mobs and they wont get pulled through the system.

Attached File  Mob Spawner10.jpg (37.61K)

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 08 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

#546 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

View from the top of the shaft

Attached File  Mob Spawner12.jpg (51.41K)

The room when I had finished the over all build and was putting in the final touches.

Attached File  Mob Spawner13.jpg (88.58K)

I put up a couple of iron doors and a some windows to view the room from. The top room will be off limits from now on. I really hope the mobs don't learn to use levers!

Attached File  Mob Spawner14.jpg (80.34K)

As a final touch I put in a little sky box I could crawl into from above if ever I wanted to sit and lure the monsters into the central hole. Originally I suspected that the trap might not work without me as a lure and considered making a central glass shaft going all the way from the top to the drowning pool. But luckily it wasn't needed since It would have meant a whole lot of expanding and restructuring.

Attached File  Mob Spawner15.jpg (72K)

This is the redesign of the water spring block placement in the crosses. This way the water pushes the mobs but they can't crawl up the stream or get caught in it

Attached File  Mob Spawner16.jpg (55.7K)

Beginning to remove the torches. It looks fucking spooky.

Attached File  Mob Spawner17.jpg (49.88K)

Removing more and more torches black forms begin to take shape in the growing darkness.

Attached File  Mob Spawner18.jpg (37.31K)

While I was connecting one of the branches in the system I cam upon this beauty. It's a zombie spawner. It now feeds extra zombies into the drowning pool.

Attached File  Mob Spawner Trap.jpg (52.36K)

All the water eventually poors into this glass tomb.

Attached File  Mob Spawner Final 1.jpg (63.29K)

The mobs collect here and drown in vast numbers. I've seen up to 8 mobs in there at once. The sound of all those monsters drowning is impressive.

Attached File  Mob Spawner Final 2.jpg (58.13K)

I made the drowning pool 4 wide and 2 deep. Which means it should be able to drown spiders. So I had to make an opening both in front and back otherwise some of the loot will get caught in the back of the tank.

Only, I've made a grevious misscalculation. Spiders are only one block tall and can swim out under the stream. I had to die to learn that painful lesson.

I'm trying to figure out some way to stop them from swimming out but haven't thought of a solution just yet. So far I just have to keep my sword ready.

The trap is producing tons of TNT, arrows, feathers and silk. In 5 minutes I collected 35 gunpowder. That's more gun powder than I've found all my playtime.

Attached File  Mob Spawner Final 3.jpg (50.34K)

#547 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

That's awesome! Currently, I'm digging a new mineshaft under my tower - going for a 5x5 shaft straight down (just wondering, what's the deal when I want to dig horizontally from a given point in the shaft, considering I only have one ladder up the side? Won't this also ruin it's beautiful symmetry?).

On top of hoping to find lots of goodies, I intend to use the stone to build a wall around my tower and the surrounding lake area, forming some sort of keep. I've managed to rectify the unwanted waterflows (place a block - dirt is easiest - underneath the wather block that the current flows towards, the current will disappear, then remove the dirt block again) and built a small jetty on the shore of the lake (for access to and from the tower). I've then built a road from the jetty to my temple thing.

Anywho, after my mineshaft and my wall are complete, I may construct something similar to trap mobs so I can harvest useful shit.

(I'll try and post my map for you, though I've tried before and it wouldn't upload it - anyone else having this problem?)
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#548 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

I am going to begin mining using TNT now. So far I've collected over 300 pieces of gun powder. I think I'm going to make long shafts going down to the bedrock. Fill the shafts with TNT and see what happens.

I found the solution to my spider problem (AFTER I got gang raped by 5 spiders at once)

I also set a new record, with 12 mobs caught at once. It was awesome. They started hitting each other.

Attached File  Mob Spawner Final 4.jpg (53.09K)

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 08 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

#549 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

So I decided to let the sun into the room with the zombie spawner, and how they burned! I jumped down into the room to pillage the chest that was already there. It contained an empty bucket and two loaves of bread. Is that normal?

As I was stuffing the loot into my sack, a dreadful thing happened. The sun went down behind the mountain. Yep, I died.

Also, I got disoriented in the dark and couldn't find the cave where I died, so I ran around monsters for a while. My tower system needs more lights!!
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#550 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

Did we sort out a server?

I've read the thread but can't see anything definite...

I got the game last Monday :shocking:

Jim

#551 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

Still waiting for some intrepid soul to host this game. Also, I hope the time differential isn't an issue.

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 08 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#552 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

OK

I will investigate. I would be prepared to leave my PC on 24 hours a day over the weekend - that would be better than nothing right?

Gimme a week to investigate and test. Maybe next weekend. I'll update this thread by Thursday at the latest.

Jim

edit: corrected to make sense

This post has been edited by Slippery Jim: 08 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

#553 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

Are there any public servers we could join? Perhaps we could all add [SE] in front of our usernames to indicate we're from here?

[SE] Slippery Jim

#554 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:47 PM

Damn - just fecked up my curtain wall by 7 squares and my OCDish personality won't let me leave it alone :shocking:

Jim

#555 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

A public server would mean that we'd get griefers and/or general scum* interfering with our beautiful creations. That would annoy me greatly as other people's shit would also ruin our otherwise perfect Malazan world. I then may get really annoyed with unwanted interlopers and end up ragequitting. :shocking:

*Non-Malazites

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#556 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

You're right I know...just thought I'd suggest it ;)

Let me read the docs and check my router settings etc - I have a good PC and 20meg broadband (not sure of upload speed though) so we may be able to get a server to ourselves. I need to investigate and I am too busy playing Minecraft and drinking to do it right now :shocking:

Jim

edit: I can't spell

This post has been edited by Slippery Jim: 08 October 2010 - 10:26 PM

#557 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:34 PM

:shocking:

#558 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:45 AM

want to hear something embarrassing?

after dying in the middle of the night, and then dying immediately afterwards as there was a spider at my spawn point, I only just got round to fortifying my spawn point.

Whoops.
meh. Link was dead :(

#559 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:25 AM

A lesson learned though - I did that too!

Jim

#560 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:58 AM

My spawn point is on the lawn right in front of my giant tower just next to the submarine bay. Eventually there's going to be a big glass dome over it, but as of now I've just littered the grounds in torches so that no monsters spawn in the vicinity.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

43 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users