• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#3781 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

Decided to start something ambitious for the summer ...

Posted Image

#3782 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

That's interesting. Is the map on the left a Minecraft world? If so how'd you sculpt it?
No Touchy.

#3783 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 26 April 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

That's interesting. Is the map on the left a Minecraft world? If so how'd you sculpt it?

Yes it is! I used a program called WorldPainter, it's got some very useful terrain sculpting abilities (raise mountains, create valleys, flood areas, change surface block type, smooth out terrain, etc.) and can be used to modify existing maps or create new ones.

I'm currently without my main computer so I'm going through some of the books to try to find descriptions of certain areas / the overall city. If anyone remembers any specific details about different places feel free to post, I'd love you forever and give you all the reputation.

#3784 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Cools.You gonna build the city by hand? Let us know how its gonna be turning out.
No Touchy.

#3785 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 26 April 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Cools.You gonna build the city by hand? Let us know how its gonna be turning out.

That's the plan - though I doubt I'll finish it any time soon, I'd like to get some of the major landmarks done this summer (K'rul's temple, phoenix inn, majesty hill, Lady Simtal's estate). I may also port over a couple of buildings from a couple of other fantasty-esque builds I've done. I'd love any feedback, so I'll definitely post images periodically!

#3786 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostDadding, on 23 April 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ooh nice, I've not tried WorldPainter before - I shall have to do so now. If only to make a world that doesn't have ice-fields or oceans getting in the way of my lovely rolling fields.

Also, I see Realms has rolled out to more countries including the UK so am giving some consideration to getting one. Unfortunately it doesn't allow uploads of existing worlds or of mods so would be a brand new vanilla world. Assuming I can give access to people not in the UK does that sound appealing for getting a server back up and running?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3787 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostMessremb, on 27 April 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Ooh nice, I've not tried WorldPainter before - I shall have to do so now. If only to make a world that doesn't have ice-fields or oceans getting in the way of my lovely rolling fields.

Also, I see Realms has rolled out to more countries including the UK so am giving some consideration to getting one. Unfortunately it doesn't allow uploads of existing worlds or of mods so would be a brand new vanilla world. Assuming I can give access to people not in the UK does that sound appealing for getting a server back up and running?

I was totally lusting after the Realms this weekend, trying to mentally calculate the costs and where I would obtain the money. I would totally love to have a vanilla world to share with the Malazan crew, something where I could be involved from the beginning (since I felt out of place in the last server, having not been present during the massive beginning of the server exploration and take down of strongholds and the Ender Dragon).
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3788 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

so would be a brand new vanilla world. Assuming I can give access to people not in the UK does that sound appealing for getting a server back up and running?

Oh fuck. My last remaining reason for not getting the game is "the world is already established and I'd always be behind."

#3789 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:38 AM

-snip-

That would be awesome, assuming the lag isn't too bad in Canada-land.

#3790 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 28 April 2014 - 12:03 AM, said:

so would be a brand new vanilla world. Assuming I can give access to people not in the UK does that sound appealing for getting a server back up and running?

Oh fuck. My last remaining reason for not getting the game is "the world is already established and I'd always be behind."

World is brand new - whoever you are hiding behind the GC alt ^_^

Dadding, if you and GC want to pm me your minecraft names I'll send out invites this evening
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3791 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

new server is fun. I'm set up south of the spawn in a big mountain. there are horses farther south and a dark oak/mushroom forest biome

That's about as far as I've gotten. For now I'm mostly focused on base establishment and getting my deepmine underway.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3792 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 28 April 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

new server is fun. I'm set up south of the spawn in a big mountain. there are horses farther south and a dark oak/mushroom forest biome

That's about as far as I've gotten. For now I'm mostly focused on base establishment and getting my deepmine underway.

Explore? check

Exploit? check

Expand? next.

Exterminate? when the time is right.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3793 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Got a lumber camp set up south of my mountain in the dark oak forest if anybody wants to use it. If you do, make sure to collect the saplings and put em in the chest. I want to get a forest of em started nearer my base. The chunk that the DO forest is on is too far to load and regrow trees in the original spot.

Just saw this

http://minecraft.gam...5e7bf309dce4479

coming in mid-may. Chiseled stone bricks and mossy stone bricks (also mossy cobble) are craftable.

Also, NAME CHANGES. If you ever wanted to get rid of your old MC name, now's the time. Players are identified internally by unique identifier # now instead of name.

I have kicked myself since Beta for not choosing Anomander_Rake as my name (because my first project was moon spawn and I made my A_R custom skin to go with it).
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3794 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 29 April 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Also, NAME CHANGES. If you ever wanted to get rid of your old MC name, now's the time. Players are identified internally by unique identifier # now instead of name.

I have kicked myself since Beta for not choosing Anomander_Rake as my name (because my first project was moon spawn and I made my A_R custom skin to go with it).

I need to find out if anyone is using what I want and convince them to change it

#3795 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, too bad. Back in Beta I totally could have snagged a well-known name like that.

From what I read though, I thought it meant we could have 100x Timothys if we wanted. Characters are identified by some code behind the scenes, so the actual displayed name is irrelevant.

Unless they're still restricting it to unique names for some reason.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3796 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

From what I've read, you're identified by some code behind the scenes so that servers can track your name changes, but no two people can have the same name.

Here's the line from the Mojang website:
"If the username you have chosen already exists in Minecraft or on another Mojang account, you will need to choose a different name."

#3797 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3798 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

Denmark in Minecraft:

BBC News

#3799 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

FYI: I've started on a mountain well West of CF's 'wipe yo dirty boots you filth!' area. I went west and slightly south, CF seemed to have a torch line that way so I kept west and went slightly north.

And I forgot to borrow any coal, so I've got no lights while I huddle in my cave at night...

Hopefully I'm not too close to anyone.

Edit -> Im in a forest/snow setting.

This post has been edited by Possibly Brent Weeks: 02 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3800 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostPossibly Brent Weeks, on 02 May 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

FYI: I've started on a mountain well West of CF's 'wipe yo dirty boots you filth!' area. I went west and slightly south, CF seemed to have a torch line that way so I kept west and went slightly north.

And I forgot to borrow any coal, so I've got no lights while I huddle in my cave at night...

Hopefully I'm not too close to anyone.

Edit -> Im in a forest/snow setting.

That torch line is just so I don't lose my way when I head to my lumber camp in the dark-oak forest (due south of my mountain). There are several stacks of coal in the chest inside my camp. Grab a stack if you're too lazy to mine your own :)
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic