• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2661 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

Yeah....even thought I pay for it at the moment, it is still very much *our* server and it is on a VPS, not a box at my place.

I'm not sure I understood your post though.....being dumb in the ways of hosting.

And yes, please come online and build something in the town

EDIT

neglected to mention,

I had F3 turned on to see my coords the other night and noticed some creatures (the number tags over their heads) underneath that cave near the farm. I started tunneling toward them and opened up a serious cave complex under town. Anybody want to do some adventuring???

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 26 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2662 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

I found a set of caves that started under my place, but I stopped at the property line and posted a sign. It's probably the same cave. I think the caves should be public domain, and each person can make an entrance from their own home or a central town spot.

Thoughts?

Also, library is very cool, well done somebody
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2663 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

That's a good idea HO. I have been mining straight down beneath my plot for a bit now. Hope I haven't accidentally gone outside my bounds.

#2664 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, underground after a point is communal I think. Don't go mining the hell out of others' plots but I think exploring an existing cave system for minerals and loot is fair game

It would be neat to dig down and have a massive communal catacomb system. The caves seem to be heading out under the ocean to the east afaik, but i have no idea if they have branches reaching under town.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2665 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

The part of caves I explored goes under Hodor and JazzyMcFly (or whatever) so I'm going to move into them for fun & games. We could mine out resources and then use the caves for monster spawing so raids could be conducted when people need a break from construction.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2666 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Cf you are connected to the subway. Entrance is through the gazebo boat launch thingy you built.
Error: Signature not valid

#2667 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

View PostDutch Flag, on 25 August 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Stormy, if I understand the server is hosted somewhere, and since CF is the 'owner' he is the only one that can reboot the thing.

So it is his ability to get on the internet that makes it have problems, compared to if he was hosting it on a box at his place.

Ah, gotcha.

All the servers I've toyed with are on personal computers, and so the hosting uptime can be a problem. That's how we solve it, by bouncing the files around to the hosts that will be able to have the uptime.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2668 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 26 August 2011 - 06:42 PM, said:

View PostDutch Flag, on 25 August 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Stormy, if I understand the server is hosted somewhere, and since CF is the 'owner' he is the only one that can reboot the thing.

So it is his ability to get on the internet that makes it have problems, compared to if he was hosting it on a box at his place.

Ah, gotcha.

All the servers I've toyed with are on personal computers, and so the hosting uptime can be a problem. That's how we solve it, by bouncing the files around to the hosts that will be able to have the uptime.

Yar, its a very common technology and one I deal with every day. Stupid netscaler. Anyway, unless we change hosting sites or something, there isn't much CF can do about any uptime.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2669 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

OK, I just got Connection Timed Oout, can't login. The server interface is telling me there's no screen to resume. The IP address bings up the hosting page, not the map. Seems server malfunction is under way.

CF's plane is probably still on the runway, and the server's already screwed up.

Arrgggggh. I'm going to a show tonight, try to do something if I can

EDIT: Cannot get server to do anything beyond list directories

Computer geniuses feel free to chime in with helpful tips

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 26 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

#2670 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm assuming they are running it on *nix, which when you don't know the flavor isn't going to help much.

I'm guessing the server admin is going to have to sign in and work on it, so we need to have whoever CF put in charge during his vaykay look at it as I don't know the MC commands if thats what needs to be done.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2671 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

View PostDutch Flag, on 26 August 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

I'm assuming they are running it on *nix, which when you don't know the flavor isn't going to help much.

I'm guessing the server admin is going to have to sign in and work on it, so we need to have whoever CF put in charge during his vaykay look at it as I don't know the MC commands if thats what needs to be done.

That's me, old pal. I tried to work on it, doesn't seem to be recoginzing commands.

#2672 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

Server is running CentOS, not sure of the exact version though.

You'll get the Apache test page at the IP because CF took the map down due to the lag it was causing the server.

I can login to the backup directory fine.

Edit:
Server is running CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

This post has been edited by Messremb: 26 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2673 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

View PostMessremb, on 26 August 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

Server is running CentOS, not sure of the exact version though.

You'll get the Apache test page at the IP because CF took the map down due to the lag it was causing the server.

I can login to the backup directory fine.

What the ...?

Can you execute commands?

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 26 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

#2674 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

We're aren't going to have minecraft for the next two weeks, are we?

#2675 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 26 August 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

What the ...?

Can you execute commands?

Server is still on the internet, just not playing ball with minecraft it seems. I can't do anything about it fro the backup login though.

@RLY: Nah, CF said he'd be online next weekend didn't he? :ice:

This post has been edited by Messremb: 26 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2676 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

I have attempted to give Messremb info about server so he can take command and save the day, my time & knowledge are limited right now, and I want everyone to get to play

Good luck, man

#2677 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

Server is back up, world looks to be as it was when I left last.

There may be some increased lag due to potentially two instances of minecraft running which I'll try and check on.

#2678 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:23 PM

Awesome.

#2679 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

So me and psycho worked on our town projects.
His landing is going well and I finished the main stairways to my ziggurat. Now I need to go back to Winterfell and take some screen caps of my androcephal model.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#2680 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

View PostDarkwatch, on 27 August 2011 - 03:31 AM, said:

So me and psycho worked on our town projects.His landing is going well and I finished the main stairways to my ziggurat. Now I need to go back to Winterfell and take some screen caps of my androcephal model.

Everything in this post sounds awesome.

This post has been edited by Trull's son: 27 August 2011 - 04:19 AM

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

30 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users