• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2361 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

He'd previously mentioned the idea yeah, no concrete evidence that it is in the works currently.

#2362 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:39 AM

Sure there is. He's posted pictures of his Aether design already. It works fine, he just didn't like the look of it yet. I'm sure it could be ready for 1.8.

#2363 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

I was researching it. Apparently it is all coded and is a separate "world" like the nether. The video posted above is somebody's mod that makes use of the buried code. I'll just wait until it's officially included.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2364 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

Is there any real reason to hangout in the nether, other than fast travel?
Error: Signature not valid

#2365 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

The glowey light blocks can be mined and reformed via crafting, and work as an underwater light source if that's your kind of thing.

The normal stone there (Netherack?) burns permanently if you set it alight, which can be nice for fireplace and large torch effects.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#2366 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

View PostKanubis, on 30 July 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

The glowey light blocks can be mined and reformed via crafting, and work as an underwater light source if that's your kind of thing.

The normal stone there (Netherack?) burns permanently if you set it alight, which can be nice for fireplace and large torch effects.

Although watch out when using netherack in fireplaces. I've tried so many different ways of using it, but if you have any wooden floors or timber within about 6/7 spaces it will burn.

The main problem is that it doesn't do so immediately.... it burns in the fireplace, looks nice, waits until you decide it's safe and walk away, and 10 minutes later burns your house down. I have several brick fireplaces in buildings, but none of them have lit fires in anymore as I have timber floors above, and they always seem to catch, whatever I do (I've tried sinking the fire down a couple of blocks; used glass to encase it etc). Still burns the surround like lava does.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2367 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

Server just had some kind of error and booted me, now I can't reconnect.

I'm going to try to work on it later, CF has given me server-side info to attempt to restart it. Wish me luck, I couldn't get it to work right yesterday.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2368 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

You can do it!

#2369 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

I've not had any problems with fireplaces burning down anything
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2370 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Server stil down. Dammmmmmmitttttttttt.

#2371 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

No one has had any luck restarting then?

I hope it isn't fatal, the last backup is from the 14th!

Edit: If you need someone to do a restart during the UK working day/early hours...

This post has been edited by Messremb: 31 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2372 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

I'm going to try again
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2373 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

Ok, failure. I assume the server is down or the connection is inaccesible, I can't access the GUI to restart. We'll have to wait on CF to return from his maiden voyage & fix the problem & tell me what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

#2374 User is offline   Wolfy 

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

*rocks back and forth clutching his knees to his chest* crafting... mining.... crafting mines... dig dig dig... soon soon soon... ;)

#2375 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

I hear you wolfy. I actually went outside today, rather than play minecraft. My knuckles are still bleeding from punching that tree...

#2376 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

I think CF has been overwhelmed by the forces of nature

#2377 User is offline   Wolfy 

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:58 AM

Just a heads up for anyone who likes to use Doku's newer pack (the dark/light/high fantasy one) he has discontinued work on it, the last version includes a large portion of the Aether mod textures reworked.

You shouldn't run into any drama until the 1.8 Adventure update where you'll have to change to either a compilation pack or completely different pack, there's plenty of time to shop around.

#2378 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Hi. Sorry guys.

I tried it too, to no avail.

Server is just being a little bitch. Sorry I didn't see this until today. long weekend here and I didn't even turn on my computer.

OK. Rebooted the whole thing and now it seems to be working.

I have been leaving it to its own devices of late since it has been so stable. With a few recent downtimes however, I'll do my best to keep on top of it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2379 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

Woo, back in!

Thanks CF.

Now to remember what I was trying to do before my holiday...
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2380 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

Looking like we might be able to get a zoomable map in the near future. I've been talking with Messremb about it and it seems pretty simple overall once the thing is rendered.

It would function similarly to google maps, with pan and zoom. Bigger servers are able to have these live so that they show player locations...but ours would be static until we backup and render a new map. If it works, it should be relatively easy to update it 1x per week or so.

I'll keep you posted as stuff develops.

Also, don't get all your hopes up too awfully high. The success is also dependent on how resource hoggish hosting the map is. If it creates massive lag on the server, then I'll have to turn it off.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 02 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic