Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2322 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

CF do you mind the hatch being there? If you want to cover it over I won't mind a bit.
Error: Signature not valid

#2323 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

I met DW and can't remember the story as to whether he is actually french or not. Maybe one francophone parent?

Either way, their Citadele is huge.

EDIT

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 19 July 2011 - 09:55 AM, said:

CF do you mind the hatch being there? If you want to cover it over I won't mind a bit.

Heck no. I might even put in a little rail terminal there so I can go visit.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 19 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2324 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

@ CF we're currently working on a Gateroom for a nether link which will include a functioning iris and control room with blast doors.

I'll PM you the plans.

I'm bilingual by the way.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#2325 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

I want in on some group action. Also, I think we need to compile a directory of the coordinates of important places so we can know where to visit. I would like to see everybody's work if I knew exactly how to get there.

Hey shiara, I put some iron in the chests at the beginning of your tunnel. Would you mind if I connected my tunnel/rail to your tunnel? It would give you direct access to my great north south rail line.

#2326 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:14 AM

Out of curiosity what are the co-ords that the southern rail travels along?

#2327 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

It goes from 0,0 to something like 3000,550. When I get home I can get the actual numbers for the southern terminus. Actually I just added another 1000 block chunk going from 0,0 straight up to -1000,0. It's deep, on level 16.

#2328 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:18 AM

I gotta get me some Obsidian so i can mess around with these Warrens.. uhh Portals I mean, Might make it so I have my main base, and a quick link to a place reaaaaaaaaaaallllly farrr away. once I get my head around how these coordinate thingies work.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2329 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

RLYs terminus is at X3050 Z541. Would you mind if I joined up to you at X2341? I've put a sign up at my intended entry point and from there I'll either set up a switching station or dual track it back to your hub.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2330 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

View PostDarkwatch, on 19 July 2011 - 11:26 PM, said:

@ CF we're currently working on a Gateroom for a nether link which will include a functioning iris and control room with blast doors.

I'll PM you the plans.

I'm bilingual by the way.

That is so fucking awesome.

What I was thinking was to just put a temporary one someplace out of the way and build a path back to the main nether hub. That would allow me to get back to my castle in a reasonable amount of time for supplies and stuff. When you build your gate room, it won't matter where the eventual overworld position is, the mechanics of portals mean the same nether-side portal will still be in range.

@ RLY,

My south gate is around 1500, 400 and due west of that is a steep mountain with an archway going into the east facing side of it. The beginnings of my wood fort are inside that. That's the place near your escape hatch. I want that to be my lapis lazuli mine.

My Castle is at -494, 478, connected to Moon Spawn (visible from the spawn point) by an aqueduct.

I also have a valley a ways west and a bit north of the castle. Nothing cool there yet, but it is my intention to make a huge farm there.

@Sammeh,

• Pick the location of your portal in the overworld. Press F3 to get the coords of your position. Divide those coords by 8 and jot them down.
  • Built the gate and activate it.
  • Use that portal to travel to the nether. Press F3 again to get your current coords when you arrive in the nether.
  • If the current nether coords match your overworld coords divided by 8, then you are in the right spot and the two portals will travel to each other reliably.
  • If the current nether coords do not match, you probably linked to somebody else's portal that was in range within the nether. To correct this, simply travel to your overworld coords divided by 8 and build a portal within the nether.
  • Activate the nether side portal at the divide-by-eight coords and it will track to your overworld portal without fail.
The reason you can track to other folks' portals has to do with nether portal mechanics. When traveling either direction portals always connnect to the closest one. If your coords are, say, 800, 80 in the overworld, that means the equivalent nether coords are 80,8. Portals at those two coords will always go to each other because they are as close as they possibly can be. Problem is...a portal isn't technically "out of range" in the nether until you move a full 128 nether blocks in any direction from 80,8....which is an equivalent of 1024 blocks in the overworld.

In that way, somebody with a base 1024 blocks from yours in the overworld could have a portal nether-side and your overworld portal will simply link to his nether-side portal. When you travel the other direction, you end up in his base since his overworld portal is closest to his nether portal.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 20 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2331 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Anyone can link up, that's great. I'll get a chance to see how to do some of the more technical stuff with the track switching and whatnot. Just put up signs!

#2332 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

Had a weird glitch today.

I saved the game deep underground, around 12-20 blocks high. When I came back about 30 minutes later, I was back on the surface, within sight of my outpost, which could have been the same coordinates as my underground location.

Anybody have a clue here or similar problems?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2333 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

No, nothing like that.

Had a go earlier, Tp'd to RLY as I was out in the wilderness. He then made a portal which I was able to get back to my nether portal from - nice link up through there by the way, that's a lot of gates linked in the nether now.

Hope you got back ok RLY - did you build a new gate in the Nether?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2334 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

I've had the surface spawning twice now - once locally and once far far to the North of my place in RLYs tunnel. The distant one was really quite annoying to someone who cannot teleport.

The second time (this may or may not be related) when I was going North on RLYs railway the cart had abruptly stopped, chucked me out and refused to let me re-board it or destroy it so I logged out and back in only to find myself on the surface.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2335 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 19 July 2011 - 11:44 PM, said:

Hey shiara, I put some iron in the chests at the beginning of your tunnel. Would you mind if I connected my tunnel/rail to your tunnel? It would give you direct access to my great north south rail line.

Thanks RLY, and yeah, you're fine to link the tunnels together. Mine doesn't go anywhere as yet, though I might eventually get it going all the way out to a nice valley I found while lost :p
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#2336 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

View PostTraveller, on 21 July 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

No, nothing like that.

Had a go earlier, Tp'd to RLY as I was out in the wilderness. He then made a portal which I was able to get back to my nether portal from - nice link up through there by the way, that's a lot of gates linked in the nether now.

Hope you got back ok RLY - did you build a new gate in the Nether?

Yes I did. I also started extending that tunnel we were in to accomodade my portal as well, hope that is ok.

#2337 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

No idea what the surface-spawning thing is.

Some lag glitch no-doubt.

Does it just kick you back to the surface or are you seeing work you were doing reset. Just trying to figure out if it's your client lagging out or something with the server.

I've noticed when I'm on a sucky connection, I can play along for quite a long time, go thru doors, build blocks, etc... The game eventually boots me because of lag and when I come back I'm waaaaay back from where I started and all the changes I made are undone. sometimes as much as 1 or 2 minutes-worth.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2338 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 22 July 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

No idea what the surface-spawning thing is.

Some lag glitch no-doubt.

Does it just kick you back to the surface or are you seeing work you were doing reset. Just trying to figure out if it's your client lagging out or something with the server.

I've noticed when I'm on a sucky connection, I can play along for quite a long time, go thru doors, build blocks, etc... The game eventually boots me because of lag and when I come back I'm waaaaay back from where I started and all the changes I made are undone. sometimes as much as 1 or 2 minutes-worth.

I wouldn't know about the work, I was way lost in a maze of tunnels, and actually not at all unhappy about being moved to the surface. My loot seemed to be intact.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2339 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

Damn server. I finally get a couple of hours to jam on some minecraft and here ican't play. Single player holds no interest to me.

#2340 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

Damn server. I finally get a couple of hours to jam on some minecraft and here ican't play. Single player holds no interest to me.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users