MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2101 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 15 June 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

@ Trull - Nope, had to sit this one out

@all or CF - I saw a player named something like "adb2aber" - Anybody know this person? I guess the whitelist is in effect so they must be OK

Yeap. I might have forgotten to post that. adb2aber is a new player. Can't remember exactly whose friend it is (Darkwatch maybe?) but he's legit.

The whitelist is in effect and you can only get on it through me at the moment. As before, if we see random damage on the server or missing things from stashes, it's somebody on the whitelist.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2102 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

adb2aber is Messremb

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2103 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Oh, right....thanks.

I lose track. I gotta get on and see some of the new stuff. I keep getting distracted by projects.

I added a glass roof to the top of my massive underground excavation under moon spawn. It looks hella cool down there now. I have a huge bunch of dirt kicking around too. I might actually start building the topography for a multiplay PVP arena in there finally. Anybody who wants to help out with that project is welcome to. The roof is essentially finished now and the walls are all how I want them. I just need to start building some low-lying hills in the bottom.

Bonus, there's a lot of slimes that spawn down there, so you can do some goo harvesting at the same time. Just don't fall, it's a full 64 blocks to the bottom.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2104 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

just got a connection error, kicked from server can't log back in - may try again later

D'rek was there too - wonder if it happened to her

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 15 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2105 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

I tested the Nether glitch by going in at my lava tower. The area I appeared in the Nether didn't show any signs of anyone having been there. I went back in the same portal I appeared at and came out in the main world in an underground steel room near a big cobblestone ring on the surface (which itself had another portal in it) just north-east of Arkanaxii's place (and a bit further north-east than my place). Not sure if that's where you guys have been reappearing but it definitely wasn't my portal and was at least 300 blocks from away from where I went in.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2106 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

Just added D'rek (arella in game) as an op.

She seems to be on at odd times from me and some others, so better op coverage.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2107 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Journeying south from my current base I came across a circular hole clearly the beginning of someone's new project. Anyone know who's hole it is?

Additionally, can we get an updated map?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2108 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 17 June 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

Journeying south from my current base I came across a circular hole clearly the beginning of someone's new project. Anyone know who's hole it is?

Not mine! :apt2:
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#2109 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

I've got a big square hole I'm currently digging well to the South, as well as the start of a 2000+ block sky trail back to the central region.

Would it make sense for people to use the co-ordinate system to reference where things are? There's an awful lot of South, including where I started building on a mountain top, died and didn't spawn at the bed and couldn't find the location again.

X2300 Z50 is roughly where you'll find me. It's a good day and a half walk/swim out though.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2110 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

You're not that far to the south from my position. A third of a days walk or so. If you decide to build a connection to the skybridge I'd be interested in connecting to it as well.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2111 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

The circular pit is green pigs IIRC...don't think he ever did much more with it than just dig it.

I forgot how much work skybridge building is. You need a lot of resources. I exhausted most of my sand pit near castle CF and have decided to backfill it with water to create a deep lake. It's also starting to turn into a bit of a moat. Not sure if I'll wrap it all the way around though. That's a lot of work.

How do you turn on coords by the way?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2112 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Press F3
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#2113 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

I abused my newfound mod abilities to finish adding rails from me and Arkana to Kanubis' new weird place.

Regarding Nether portals, my going theory is that when you go through a portal it takes you to the closest portal in the other world there is. If there is a cut-off for how far away a portal on the other side can be for it to just create a new one, then the cut-off is really big. So right now there are very few portals in the Nether, and that is why all the Overworld portals seem to go to the same two places or so.

Currently I'd like to validate this theory by gathering information on all the portals we have in use. If the theory is right, then we can use the same information to figure out where in the Nether new portals should be built to make them take you back to certain Overworld portals. So, if you have a portal around your area of work, gather the relevant information and post it here so we can get informatio on them all.

Lastly, for the time being it'd be good if NO NEW PORTALS were built, as that might mess up the findings partway through.

Overworld Portals:

Beach Gate
Coordinates: x=189, z=262, y=66
Goes to: Doom Castle Gate

Apt Dome Shore Gate
Coordinates: x=-11, z=-13, y=65 (need to doulbe check these)
Goes to: Portal Prime

Sirkus Gate A/B
Coordinates: TBD
Goes to: Nether Portal B

Arella's Portal
Goes to: Nether Portal B

Traveller Gate A
Goes to: Doom Castle Gate

Nether Portals:

Portal Prime
Coordinates: Nx=0, Nz=0, Ny=40
Goes to: Apt Dome Shore Portal

Nether Portal B
Coordinates: Nx=20, z=-96, y=51
Goes to: Sirkus Gate A

Doom Castle Gate
Coordinates: Nx=28, Nz=-32, Ny=100
Goes to: Beach Gate

#2114 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:26 PM

Morgoth, I've run cobbles as far as X1294 Y117 Z21, I've not made a groundfall since I started though. I'm running it straight along the X1294 line till I get closer to an established road where I'll doglet to join up. I've not put in glass or rails yet, task for another week!

From the current road end here's a hillside stripped of trees and with lights on about level X with me, is that yours?

In other news I'm off on holiday shortly so there may be no activity from me for a couple of weeks, either that or I'll be logging in from a Turkish IP address whilst recovering from sunburn.

As an aside with the coordinates, X give your North/South (High = South, low = North) Y the vertical height and Z the East/West (High = West, low = East)
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2115 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

View PostMessremb, on 17 June 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

From the current road end here's a hillside stripped of trees and with lights on about level X with me, is that yours?

That sounds like Green Pig's pit. Morgoth is another 200 or so blocks north of that. Then it's only another 500 or so further north to the main area :apt2:

#2116 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

RE: Portals

Currently the multiplayer portals are just bugged. They don't have consistent location bindings, and they frequently spawn new portals when the location cannot be tied to another portal.

There are serious bug fixes necessary to the portals.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2117 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 18 June 2011 - 12:15 AM, said:

RE: Portals

Currently the multiplayer portals are just bugged. They don't have consistent location bindings, and they frequently spawn new portals when the location cannot be tied to another portal.

There are serious bug fixes necessary to the portals.

What evidence is there to support such wild assertions?

#2118 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:58 AM

MAPS. They are big...

Main area Map. Isometric brought to you by Jart (Pathfinder)

Spoiler

Overhead Map.

Spoiler

I'll post some close up shots of some of the projects tomorrow. If you have a project you'd like to see posted, or if your project lies somewhere far out and you'd like to draw attention to it, please fee free to say so (and maybe circle it on the map itself if it's hard to see).

This post has been edited by Trull's son: 18 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

#2119 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:04 AM

View PostMessremb, on 17 June 2011 - 04:26 PM, said:

I've got a big square hole I'm currently digging well to the South, as well as the start of a 2000+ block sky trail back to the central region.

Would it make sense for people to use the co-ordinate system to reference where things are? There's an awful lot of South, including where I started building on a mountain top, died and didn't spawn at the bed and couldn't find the location again.

X2300 Z50 is roughly where you'll find me. It's a good day and a half walk/swim out though.

I remember passing all these things, so I'm clearly further south than that.

I think A night time map would be handy :apt2:

This post has been edited by Wolfy: 18 June 2011 - 04:07 AM

#2120 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:57 AM

View PostWolfy, on 18 June 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:

I remember passing all these things, so I'm clearly further south than that.

I think A night time map would be handy :apt2:

You passed my little mountain top one? I don't suppose you could find it again could you? The obsidian worm is in the perfectly smooth sea cliff North of there and I'm damned if I can remember what the notice by it said, is driving me mad!

Excellent maps, just need to label peoples places now ;-)

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users