• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1301 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

There was a note RE that on his blog. He said there was some updating to the login screen, so it saves the last-used IP number and stuff. Maybe he updated the it to killer 1080p graphics too.

I just had a thought...imagine if Notch teamed up with Bethesda and made MC into a randomly generated free-range RPG world...

I would never play another computer game ever again. And the best idea I've had in recent weeks

Randomly generated CITY BIOMES

Complete with human mobs...peaceful peasants, hostile guards, etc...

Then you could have ruined ghost cities populated by sun-proof skeleton warriors and stuff.

Yeah...basically Oblivion but with rando generation and MC style graphics. It would give a lot more life to the game.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1302 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

He's said before that he's going to put NPC cities in.

WHICH WE WILL PILLAGE  :p
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1303 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

I'd be happy for boats that work.

But mainly, I'd like more materials to create with. More raw materials, with more machinery/forge upgrades, to make items and equipment with more components.

Maybe if you spend a certain amount of time using a forge, it upgrades so you can make finer objects. Still keep the 'everything as blocks' format, but more variety, like one that looks like wooden beams, or different wall and floor textures (not just texture packs, as everyone sees them differently). You could make blocks with grooves in for gates or beams.

Like, I'd like a big gate/door for my castle - 3x3 for example. And a portcullis or something. We have the rope, iron etc, just not the ability to construct available. Maybe have tech blueprints hidden round and through the landscape, to make exploring more rewarding.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 02 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1304 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

I'm getting "outdated client" again.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1305 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

Notch seems to be updating every day and every time I try to get on the client is out of date! I really wish there was some delay client-update feature so we could wait 'til the server updates and synchronize with it...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1306 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

Yes, I had a half-hour window in which to play last night.. got on for 30 seconds before getting evicted for an update. Notch says he's got rid of /home, and fixed the boats - not sure if thats MP though, will see later I guess.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1307 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

Server backed up and updated. :p

Jim

#1308 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

Yes, updates are coming fast and furious now. If you follow "world of notch" website, which is his blog, it tells you when updates are coming. They are closing in on Beta now so we will likely see some stability in the near future.

Still haven't had a chance to get online since the last update.

Will be traveling for work next week, so I expect to get some free time in there to craft a mine or two.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1309 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Got rid of /home? why would he do that? And now what do we do when we are glitched or stuck and need to teleport to escape the glitch? Silly Notch!

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1310 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

View PostD, on 03 December 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

Got rid of /home? why would he do that? And now what do we do when we are glitched or stuck and need to teleport to escape the glitch? Silly Notch!

Agreed, also, sometimes I like to walk to the end of the world, or the lava gets boring, or I'm lost (Mommy help!) or I just don't feel like walking home????

Can we bring it back>
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1311 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

Sorted! Decent connection is back, so I can play on the server again. :p
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1312 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 December 2010 - 10:36 PM, said:

View PostD, on 03 December 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

Agreed, also, sometimes I like to walk to the end of the world, or the lava gets boring, or I'm lost (Mommy help!) or I just don't feel like walking home????

Can we bring it back>

If Notch removed it then no, we can't.

#1313 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

Err, I'm getting an 'outdated client' error message. My problem or Jim's problem?

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1314 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Server updated just in case...

Jim

#1315 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

View PostSlippery Jim, on 04 December 2010 - 05:12 PM, said:

Server updated just in case...

Jim

It's working. Thanks Jim.

EDIT: Still having the problem where I can't pick anything up though -- nothing will go into my inventory. Is anyone else getting this?

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 04 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

#1316 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

Here's the odd surface lava I found, complete with spontaneous forest fire. I stopped its spread, or the whole world would be smoking ruin by now...

Attached File  surface lava.JPG (125.24K)
Number of downloads: 0

Must not have started burning unitl I got close though.

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 04 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

#1317 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

Y'Ghatan progress so far:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can not wait to catch it on fire. You'll notice heavy use of wood, mixed with stone and such. The sky bridge is connected, and it runs just over my boat. It's about a 5-8 minute walk, but we're working on a railway running most of the way. use a powered mine cart -- it's slower than walking, but you can alt-tab outa there for the ride. Have quite a bit of work yet, not including the tunnel (it's built, but i would like to make it as though the city was built upon the ruins of another).
Slow progress, but finals are creeping up and must take priority.
edit: Sorry if the pics are too big

This post has been edited by Trull's son: 05 December 2010 - 03:41 AM

#1318 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:08 AM

It's looking good! Let us know before you burn it, I want to watch!

#1319 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:00 AM

Okay, this SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME. Walking along laying some glass in my lava tower, turn around and FOUR SPIDERS STARING AT ME.

Attached File  spid1.jpg (444.11K)
Number of downloads: 1

Of course I immediately started spinning in circles making sure creepers weren't coming up behind me. Anyways, it must be a glitch of some kind. The spiders didn't move at all, even when I opened the floor above them, and not even when I poured lava on them.

Attached File  spid2.jpg (644.23K)
Number of downloads: 0

Nor did they die. Weird and SCARY.

#1320 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:02 AM

Woah! that is pretty crazy. i like how they spawned underneath your glass floor. Its them damned lava resistant spiders again...

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

30 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users