• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1341 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

Cerveza, apart from the area under my monster trappy thing, which is totally the other side of my complex, the rest is just utterly random mining and you're welcome to do whatever you want down there!
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1342 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:05 PM

Goddamit, 'outdated client' just when I get a chance to play..

This post has been edited by Traveller: 10 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1343 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

Served backed up and updated.

Sorry for the delay.

Jim

#1344 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

Has anybody been on lately? Server seemed pretty empty the last few times I was on.

PvP arena excavation is getting very close to being done.

Moon Spawn changes are finally holding too and it is looking good. I actually am half glad that my earlier attempts got erased because on the third iteration, I've got a lot more inspiration for the upper floors.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1345 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

I was on last night briefly, but didn't get much time over the weekend, due to other more mundane stuff getting in the way. I'm busy reshaping the hillsides to the south of my place for a new Sea Temple.

And yes, it was quiet both times I was on.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1346 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

I read Reaper's Gale over the weekend while it snowed. Man, that book is emotional.

I've started out on a new roaming trip, trying to find new territory to explore. i got bored with my remodeling, so I had to go out.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1347 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

I was on for a good 2hr sesh last night and I don't think a single person signed in. I haven't seen apt for a good long time either. That dome ain''t gonna build itself apt. Get to it!
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1348 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

Apt has discovered the Assassins Creed series... he may be some time.

That said, I haven't finished Fable 3 yet, and I've not been on Mass Effect either for a while, due to continually finding more things to do on minecraft.

#1349 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

Yeah, I'm a build a volcano pretty soon I think. Fill my inv with lava buckets from the caves and turn a nearby mountain into a glowing mount-doom-like inferno. There's a nice one to the S of Moon spawn that would suffice.

I kind of want to build a proper fort somewhere. Moon spawn is almost finished and I think if I let myself go it will stop being a mountain due to my desire to build a fort on it. Maybe a volcano fort...now there's an idea!

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 13 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1350 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 13 December 2010 - 01:34 PM, said:

Has anybody been on lately? Server seemed pretty empty the last few times I was on.

PvP arena excavation is getting very close to being done.

Moon Spawn changes are finally holding too and it is looking good. I actually am half glad that my earlier attempts got erased because on the third iteration, I've got a lot more inspiration for the upper floors.

I was running a mafia game, and now I'm in exams, so not a lot of time for MC. Done exams at the end of the week, though, so I may be able to squeeze some time in to cuddle up with MC between shopping.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 13 December 2010 - 05:49 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm a build a volcano pretty soon I think. Fill my inv with lava buckets from the caves and turn a nearby mountain into a glowing mount-doom-like inferno. There's a nice one to the S of Moon spawn that would suffice.

I kind of want to build a proper fort somewhere. Moon spawn is almost finished and I think if I let myself go it will stop being a mountain due to my desire to build a fort on it. Maybe a volcano fort...now there's an idea!

There's already been a few volancos made as seen on the map below circled in black. If you're in the mood for more volcanos maybe we should make them all along the purple line, as a sort of fault line/tectonic rift type thing.

Attached File  Malazan_Empire-obliqueleft-day.jpg (1.99MB)
Number of downloads: 2

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1351 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

Has anybody generated a recent map since the addition of ygatan and church-of-morgoth and all that?

Seems the one above is a bit outdated.

I gotta figure out a good place to build a new castle too. I was thinking of building a big river somewhere between Tapper and HO's mountains and becoming lord of the riverlands...like Hoster Tully.

And you all have to call me Hoster Tully.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1352 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

I've been absent I know. The truth is Cataclysm got released and I'm a nerd so, yeah...

But also I;'m really 'done' until SMP is nice and stable and we're ready to turn monsters on. I've landscaped every part of my holdings. The underwater tunnel links Moonspawn, Malaz Isle and my place and I cba to lay the rail tracks until carts work better. 
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1353 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

Looking at that map, I have no idea where my area is! I haven't been on since I stopped being able to pick things up; I ought to try again.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1354 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

apparently as a mod I can now /save-all the server so I've been doing that at the end of my sessions.

It's made for much, much less (as in zero) loss of modifciations to moon spawn lately. Pretty nice to finally have that glitch not ruining my life anymore. ]

BIG NOTICE FROM NOTCH

The game is entering Beta on the 20th!!

Heavy focus on new content and bug fixes. This means SMP should be stabilizing relatively soon. Good to hear.

He also says alpha buyers (ie anyone who buys before the 20th) will get free updates forever, but they are changing the wording (no more free updates) and upping the price (by 2 euro) for anybody who buys after beta...so if you're thinking of getting the game and haven't already, now is the time.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1355 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

An updated map would be good - I could see the extent of my 'ruins'. I'm also planning on extending the canal due east, off towards the distant snow biome, during breaks from temple building.

#1356 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

Tried again just now, I still can't pick up anything I mine. Kinda makes the whole thing a bit pointless...
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1357 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

@Traveller

I dig your ruins area a lot. I was up there after checking out D'rek's ubertower out in the sea. The paving stones interspersed with grass and random blocks are actually really striking....as much as objects in MC can be striking that is.

The canal terminal that's covered, leading into the ruins looks sweet too. You should run part of the canal through the ruins in an unstructured kind of way, as though the canal burst its banks as the ruins aged. You could have random blocks in the way and tumbled towers rising out of the water....etc.

I gotta finish my stupid canal fence too...The canal is beautifully absent of barnyard animals right up to the fence's last post and then it's always a pig wall that wrecks my boat.

And boats seem to be working a bit better I noticed...still not smooth like before but not totally un-usable. I think it all happened when Notch made the modification for other players to see your boat. All of a sudden they started behaving badly with broken momentum and a lot of difficulty turning smoothly. When only the player using the boat could see it, things were much better. Must just be a lag issue...where displaying the boat to other playersmakes the server have to play catch-up all the time.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 15 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1358 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

I guess no one ever found any of the little tower ruins I placed around?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1359 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 15 December 2010 - 12:14 PM, said:

Has anybody generated a recent map since the addition of ygatan and church-of-morgoth and all that?

Seems the one above is a bit outdated.

Jim needs to upload a new version of the world's save file and then someone can run it through a cartographer program for that. I definitely think it'd be useful, I've done lots more exploring and people have started lots of new building projects since the old one was made.

View PostGreen Pig, on 15 December 2010 - 12:43 PM, said:

Looking at that map, I have no idea where my area is! I haven't been on since I stopped being able to pick things up; I ought to try again.

I've been having the same issue as Green Pig - can't pick up items, seem to be invisible and invincible to most things too. According to the support forums we need the admin to delete the .dat files of our player/character, which will reset us (but not the work we've done). Heads up though, GP, you'll lose all items so stash them in a chest first!

I'm ready for that whenever, so Jim if you see that, can you please do that? Alternatively, maybe the mods have access to something like a server player list that they can delete my data from?

View PostMorgoth, on 15 December 2010 - 02:30 PM, said:

I guess no one ever found any of the little tower ruins I placed around?

I've seen a few, mostly in areas to the southeast vaguely around my tower. Wasn't very surprising to me, unfortunately, as I knew you'd been exploring in the area...

And lastly, I've been getting back into Bryce (3d graphics program) and decided to re-learn it by making a minecraft themed little world, so take a look:
Attached File  Minecraft.jpg (174.83K)
Number of downloads: 2

Don't you wish the water in-game looked that nice?

This post has been edited by D'rek: 15 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1360 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

@D'rek

Did you PM jim about that?

I asked him recently to see if I can upload the map myself with modgod powers. Still not sure.

@Morgoth,

I haven't been traveling much. Were you the one that put the flaming watchtowers in teh sea toward D'rek's uber tower? Or somewhere else?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic