• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:12 PM

Capustan Phoenix--------Y So SeRiOuS
Malcom Floyd---------------Brandon Jackson
Brandon Marshall-----------Mark Clayton
Knowshon Moreno------------Eli Manning

Really Brood?

It's just too bad you didn't make this trade before today's game. I'd feel much better facing a lineup without Floyd and Marshall -- two no.1 WRs on good teams. Not quite sure what you're thinking with this one. Oh, well.

In other news, MJD is a fucking nightmare of a bust so far. Oh, how I'm wishing I'd drafted differently.

This post has been edited by Slum: 26 September 2010 - 11:13 PM

#122 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

• Baconator of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:37 AM

he was thinking he needed a back up qb, a RB for AP's bye week next week, and to get another WR. Its nto like Marshall has done anything the past 2 weeks to make him a standout WR 8 catches for 53 yards and then 4 for 71, clayton has better numbers than him the first 2 weeks. of course he has upside if henne can get him the ball and he showed it tonight for sure. Im taking a hurt RB who hopefully gets back his starting spot when he comes back from the injury, so of course i want something worth it to me. Through 2 weeks the numbers are comparable from all 3 players. also i needed 2 descent WR's to fill my 2 WR bye weeks next week as well, and i would rather have someone else to rely on than devin hester if i can help it.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

The Man, The Myth, The Manning

#123 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

There's any number of bye-week QBs among the free agent pool who consistently perform as well as if not better than Eli. Floyd and Marshall are studs; Moreno and Jackson will likely put up similar numbers (that's if GB doesn't bring in a new RB to take over full-time duties -- which, by all accounts, they are looking to do); Clayton's a Ravens castoff with a spotty track record, a rookie QB and a couple decent games under his belt -- a far cry from Marshall, imo. That would be like me trading away MJD, a disappointment so far, for a journeyman back with a couple good games.

Saying they have comparable numbers through the first two games is all well and good, but two games is hardly a representative sample. I'm not trying to get into an argument here, just giving my take on it. Good luck, guys.

This post has been edited by Slum: 27 September 2010 - 05:11 AM

#124 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, if I'd have got online before Kalam I would have cancelled the proposal, heh, after those guys finally proving they might be worth something.

Still, that's the game I suppose. I won't be bitching about it in an attempt to get the trade reversed like happened last year, however tempting it might be!

This post has been edited by caladanbrood: 27 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#125 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

View Postcaladanbrood, on 27 September 2010 - 06:58 AM, said:

Yeah, if I'd have got online before Kalam I would have cancelled the proposal, heh, after those guys finally proving they might be worth something.

Still, that's the game I suppose. I won't be bitching about it in an attempt to get the trade reversed like happened last year, however tempting it might be!

Brood, I'm sure if you contacted TB via PM, she would consider vetoing the trade for you, as it really is a bit lopsided. I think she's running it much the same as last year, where the Commish offered to overturn one trade for the season, if one of the parties involved had second thoughts.

#126 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

How bout them Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

That matchup with HD was rough. I think the lead changed about 6 times in the 4th quarter. And basically I won because the Bears O-Line sucks. No reason Forte shouldnt have scored on 3 tries from inside the 5.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#127 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:38 AM

I need 21 points on monday night from Brady, Brandon Tate and the Dolphins' defence... Could be tight!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#128 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• Drinking Queen of the Abyssmal Army!!!
  • View gallery

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

View Postcaladanbrood, on 04 October 2010 - 06:38 AM, said:

I need 21 points on monday night from Brady, Brandon Tate and the Dolphins' defence... Could be tight!

Clearly the Pats had no problems last night, Brady and Tate included. You should have picked up the NE DST, they finished with 34 points last night! Craziness!

On another note I've now won Greatest Fantasy Victor two weeks in row now! Nice considering I didn't have Johnson or PT to work with. Of course I was helped out by KM losing Vick in the first half. Sorry again about that KM. Now it's on to battle SB. Don't know if I can topple the CJ2k, Arian Foster combo.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only F ing yourself...
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Martin Luther King, Jr-

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

Muffins are just ugly cupcakes!
-Zanth13-

#129 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:32 AM

What a terrible week. I made some awful waiver decisions, simply bad performances from most players and a season-ending injury to a player who was depressingly my number 1 WR. D'oh!

#130 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the reason i lost was Schaub and Foster combined for less than 5 points. But thats the way the game goes.

Just an fyi, I friggin love fantasy football.

#131 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

me too, SB.

I keep getting really lucky though, the defensive touchdown scored by the Jets in the last minutes managed to win it for me.
I'm really surprised that I am 3rd in the league though, as I am ranked 9th in points scored. Once I start facing the big guns, it will be game over.

#132 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

Cutler has single-handedly lost Chicago this game. Three interceptions (one a pick six that should have been a Bears TD), and a fumble from a yard out. What a clunge. I can only imagine how angry the poor bastard with him as their fantasy team QB must be feeling right OH NO WAIT IT'S ME RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH IM GOING TO KILL YOU CUTLER YOU UTTER UTTER SYPHILLITIC OOZING c**t

#133 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

Donovan McNabb isn't exactly lighting the world on fire either. Neither is anyone on my team. I'm going to score under 50 points this week. So, looks like I'm just playing spoiler the rest of the year!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#134 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

Four interceptions and a fumble. Superb. I likewise shall be under the 50pts mark this week I fear, my players seem allergic to TDs.

#135 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• View gallery

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:03 AM

Hey boys! When looking at our league set up I realized that I forgot to set out playoff date so we only had 13 weeks of head to head regular play. I changed that and set it for the standard 15 weeks of regular season play. I thought everyone would appreciate more head to head matchups. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware.
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

-Zanth13-

#136 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:35 AM

So there's only one playoff? Week 17 doesn't really count IMO.

(Not like it matters to me this season...oh Moss)

#137 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• View gallery

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:21 AM

No actually if you go in and take a look at the schedule there are two weeks of playoffs. Week sixteen and seventeen.

Seventeen may not count in your opinion, but it's actually the week the winners of week sixteen will face off. With the way it was set up before we only had thirteen weeks of regular season. Which is why I changed it.

Four teams will make it to the playoffs, which will take place over a two week period. It was either that or we had six teams in the playoffs taking place over four weeks with the top teams having a bye. I assumed people would appreciate more regular season match ups.

This post has been edited by teholbeddict: 02 November 2010 - 05:26 AM

-Bubbalicious -

-Stone Monkey-

-Zanth13-

#138 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:32 AM

View PostSixty, on 02 November 2010 - 02:35 AM, said:

Week 17 doesn't count?! It's only the championship game...

All TB did was give everyone more regular season games to improve their records and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Otherwise the top 6 teams would have been playing for the last 3 weeks of the season. No fun for the other guys.

#139 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

Yay more games!

My luck has changed. I've faced Toby and tb both decimated by injuries, and next week, CJ2K has a bye, while Peterson goes up against Arizona.

#140 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

View PostSlum, on 02 November 2010 - 05:32 AM, said:

View PostSixty, on 02 November 2010 - 02:35 AM, said:

Week 17 doesn't count?! It's only the championship game...

Some leagues have their playoffs end on week 16 since there are so many teams benching their starters the last week of the year if they make the playoffs. Which i say is BS, its just part of the game.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users