Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#42 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

View Postworrywort, on 11 June 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:

I have nothing but positive expectations for this book, but I wanted to coin the term Stonewiener early anyway.

View PostImperial High Mage Tayschrenn, on 11 June 2010 - 07:15 PM, said:

Huhuh, epic.

raises the question WHAT he wields

View PostAptorian, on 11 June 2010 - 09:57 PM, said:

A big scary sword dedicated to Burn.

View PostImperial High Mage Tayschrenn, on 13 June 2010 - 10:11 AM, said:

Dedicated to Burn eh ?

I can't believe I missed that joke.

#43 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

So ... anyone have a page count on this?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#44 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

View PostAptorian, on 08 June 2010 - 11:54 AM, said:

View Postblackzoid, on 08 June 2010 - 09:40 AM, said:

The Cripplied God/Kallor storyline happened on Jacuruku, not Korel.

Half true. It affected both Korelri and Jacuruku. The Crippled God was pulled down by an Empire on Korelri. They wanted to draw a gods power to defend themselves against the impending invasion by the Kallorian Empire.

The Crippled Gods fall destroyed Korelri.

Kallor destroyed Jacuruku.

Where in the world did you get this from? It was Kallor's circle of mages that pulled down the CG over Jacuruku, which is what destroyed Jacuruku and made it into what is now the Imperial Warren, or well, into the land that Krul, Draconus and Nightchill (or prolly just Krul) shaved the top off of to create what would eventually become the Imperial Warren... I don't remember reading anywhere that the CG's fall destroyed Korelri...

This post has been edited by Blend: 14 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#45 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

No, no. In the Prologue of MoI K'rul is walking on Korel and thinks on how the Fall ravaged the continent. Then he teleports to Jakurucu and the EG curse Kallor. K'rul decides to create the future Imperial warren to heal the land from the destruction Kallor had brought to his own Empire to spite the EG.

This post has been edited by Bauchelain the Evil: 14 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#46 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 July 2010 - 02:03 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 08 June 2010 - 11:54 AM, said:

The Cripplied God/Kallor storyline happened on Jacuruku, not Korel.

Half true. It affected both Korelri and Jacuruku. The Crippled God was pulled down by an Empire on Korelri. They wanted to draw a gods power to defend themselves against the impending invasion by the Kallorian Empire.

The Crippled Gods fall destroyed Korelri.

Kallor destroyed Jacuruku.

Where in the world did you get this from? It was Kallor's circle of mages that pulled down the CG over Jacuruku, which is what destroyed Jacuruku and made it into what is now the Imperial Warren, or well, into the land that Krul, Draconus and Nightchill (or prolly just Krul) shaved the top off of to create what would eventually become the Imperial Warren... I don't remember reading anywhere that the CG's fall destroyed Korelri...

I think the name "The Cirkle" and some of the details are revealed in MT when Ruin shows Kettle or Brys, I forget which one, the fall of the CG.

#47 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

Clarification: It was a set of mages opposing Kallor who were looking for allies/power. They lured the CG out of his world and caused the fall that devastated Korelri. We don't actually know where the Mages were standing at the time, but the CG fell, mostly, on Korelri and nearby.

Kallor, sitting in his Empire over on Jacuruku, realized that the EGs would react to this and pre-emptively nukefired his own continent, the devastated part of which Krul takes into himself to create what becomes the Imperial Warren.

- Abyss, bets you could get a nice seaside property cheap right around then.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#48 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

I don't think they came because of the destruction of Korelri. They came because of Kallors legendary cruelty. A tyrant of power is never tolerated for long.

#49 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

View PostAptorian, on 14 July 2010 - 04:29 PM, said:

I don't think they came because of the destruction of Korelri. They came because of Kallors legendary cruelty. A tyrant of power is never tolerated for long.

Agreed, but inferred that it was because Kallor's tyranny had triggered the Circle's desparate act, that in turn triggered the Fall, that the EGs decided it was time to do something about him.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#50 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

I suspect that they were coming one way or another, but I guess it may have sped up their resolve/Made them cancel lunch.

#51 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

They knew that he had enslaved ~8,000,000 mortals (more than any Jaghut Tyrant), but not that he had slaughtered them all (preemptively) before their arrival on the shores of Jacuruku.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#52 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

No, what I'm guessing is that the ancient crime is the fact that the Riders were driven from the area around Korel in the ancient past (by the forbears of the Koreli) and now their situation will be delt with.
Night of Knives strongly implied that the Riders are not strictly evil beings. Greymane in RoTCG was friendly with them as well.

Yeah, let's not forget Ruthan Gudd, either - siding with the Malazans using Stormrider weapons and armour.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#53 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

View PostAbyss, on 14 July 2010 - 07:26 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 14 July 2010 - 04:29 PM, said:

Agreed, but inferred that it was because Kallor's tyranny had triggered the Circle's desparate act, that in turn triggered the Fall, that the EGs decided it was time to do something about him.

Isn't the MoI prologue a couple years after the Fall though? If so then them EGs are sloooooooow

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#54 User is offline   Harvester 

• Evil Baron Kitty of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

What do a few years matter to them? Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users