Malazan Empire: The Watching Trickster Pub - Malazan Empire

• 190 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Watching Trickster Pub Come in, sit down and share your random thoughts with a good pint.

#41 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

Could have a 360 picture, like the one for Chernobyl. :laughing:

This post has been edited by MTS: 03 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#42 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

• Baconator of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

there is a new camera out that can do that, i cant remember what its called tho, damn it!
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

The Man, The Myth, The Manning

#43 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• Drinking Queen of the Abyssmal Army!!!
  • View gallery

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hey now it's not that bad.....okay actually it is. My clothing and shoe collection is rivaled only by my book collection and really the clothes and shoes are winning out. I've got more than one closet with clothes in it. I started out with putting a few items in the closet in the spare room, and then one day it was full lol. Plus I've got dresser drawers full of clothes. I do go through and prune things on a regular basis though, every couple of months I go through and give a couple of garbage bags full to the Canadian Diabetes Association. I normally do that when I run out of room in the closets, can't stuff anymore in the drawers, and have no more hangers. I'm thinking it might take more than one picture to get everything in, I'll have to take a couple at least, and maybe do some in panoramic view lol. I'm so ashamed!
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only F ing yourself...
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Martin Luther King, Jr-

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

Muffins are just ugly cupcakes!
-Zanth13-

#44 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

:laughing:

How big is your book collection...?
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#45 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

I really cant give the gf too much shit about all the shoes she owns. Well, I can cause when we get married i'll have to build her a special closet just for shoes.

But i do have 6 pairs of cowboy boots which each cost around $150. So i cut her some slack.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#46 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

oh yeah, and that i own around 500 movies and 200 books.

So, apparently i'm just proving i'm worse....
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#47 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

if she said its almost as big as her clothing collection, then it has got to be massive, and from all posts about the books she has read in the recommended reading, i would say its MASSIVELY GIHUGEN!
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

#48 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

haha nice SB, i have about 200-300 books, i need to count!

#49 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

Jeez, I'd have 50-60 books max. I get a lot out of my local library lol.

I don't even think I've seen 500 movies in my life though. :laughing:

#50 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

i wish i had more books, but i am called a slow reader or turtle because of it lol.

#51 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

I'm a very fast reader, which is why I don't get many books. Unless I'm going to reread them (and I don't reread much), it's not worth paying $20 for a book when I'll finish it in a day or two.

#52 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

i have only ever checked out 2 books from a library to read, the rest i buy, my books are my prized possession. i want to have it so i can reread it if i want to at some point and thats what i collect, my books!

#53 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

View Postteholbeddict, on 03 June 2010 - 03:43 PM, said:

I just like the way he uses vivd colours, and the kind of aggressive look to his soes. Of course you can never go wrong with something like Louboutin, Manolo, Steven Madden, Miu Miu, Prada, Jil Sander, and Gucci, just to name a few. I'm a shoe aholic and damn proud of it too! There is no such thing as resisting temptation when it comes to shoes. I can walk through a store a pair catches my eye and I think oooh beautiful! (that's right I see beauty in shoes) and I just have to try them on. Once I have them on it's a done deal. I'll buy multiple pairs in one go. Alot of the time I plan entire outfits around my shoes. It's definitely an addiction.

I think that's my problem with Kirkwood. I spent far too many years trapped in my own hair color before realizing that it costs less, feels better and is generally awesome to be able to be a brunette for work, bald for a shower, and a curled redhead for a dinner date. Straight black hair and asian-dark doesn't work right in my eyes with vibrant colors. Maybe its time to bite the bullet and go for something vibrant and fabulous.

Shoes are beautiful. No explanation need be offered. Glorious glorious shoes :laughing:

Also: Lanvin. *love*

View Postteholbeddict, on 03 June 2010 - 04:18 PM, said:

Hey now it's not that bad.....okay actually it is. My clothing and shoe collection is rivaled only by my book collection and really the clothes and shoes are winning out. I've got more than one closet with clothes in it. I started out with putting a few items in the closet in the spare room, and then one day it was full lol. Plus I've got dresser drawers full of clothes. I do go through and prune things on a regular basis though, every couple of months I go through and give a couple of garbage bags full to the Canadian Diabetes Association. I normally do that when I run out of room in the closets, can't stuff anymore in the drawers, and have no more hangers. I'm thinking it might take more than one picture to get everything in, I'll have to take a couple at least, and maybe do some in panoramic view lol. I'm so ashamed!

If you're ashamed of that, think how bad it must be to be sneaking through your boyfriend's place and find : 5 suits, maybe 10 dress shirts, 2, thats TWO belts, 1 running, 3 formal pairs of shoes, and barely 3 sets of not-work clothes.

I was tapping on the walls looking for a false panel or something for twenty minutes before I gave up and let the horror sink in. :bs:

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 03 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

#54 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Thinking about it, I'm not really much of a collector. If ever I decide to reread something I don't own, I'll just check it out again. Only thing that's annoying is very popular books. I ordered Infinite Jest last August, and I'm still waiting for it.

#55 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

ouch that does suck waiting that long for it. Also note that i am very forgetful and i like to go immediately to a book and find something i forgot or couldnt remember exactly. thats just me being my forgetful self tho. i has bad memory

#56 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• Drinking Queen of the Abyssmal Army!!!
  • View gallery

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

View PostMTS, on 03 June 2010 - 04:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

How big is your book collection...?

Umm it's big, atm I've got six large cases that are seven feet, then I've got two smaller four footers, added to that are the books in boxes that I've got no room for and some of the books are double stacked in the cases. When I move out of the house I'm currently in, which I plan on doing next year more than likely the plan is to find actually convert a spare room into a library. I had planned to do it in my house now, but it's older and the walls are lath and plaster, so knocking out a walls to join two rooms and make a library was more trouble than it was worth. I'd already had a ton of reno work done and didn't want to do more.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only F ing yourself...
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Martin Luther King, Jr-

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

Muffins are just ugly cupcakes!
-Zanth13-

#57 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

:laughing:

Where do you keep all those books now? I have trouble fitting my small collection in my flat as it is. Sounds like you've got hundreds and hundreds. Having a whole room as a library would be awesome though. Lucky you (when you do do it, course).

Haha, I said doo doo. :bs:

This post has been edited by MTS: 03 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

#58 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

lol nice doo doo mts, its funny when it works!

i cant believe the amount of books you have, you could set up shop as a book store in your hourse!

#59 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

Well, it's gettin' a bit late for me, so I'm gonna go hit the hay. Have a good one, guys 'n' gals.

#60 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

bye MTS

Share this topic:

• 190 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users