• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#3921 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 June 2021 - 08:20 PM

Don't know if anyone but Morgoth actually cares about this but Vinny Caravella, Brad Shoemaker and Alex Navaro just announced they're creating a patreon project called Nextlander:

https://www.patreon.com/nextlander

They're basically continuing where they left off after leaving Giant Bomb. They're doing a Thursday podcast and going to be streaming on Twitch. I'm just happy they're doing podcasts again. Hopefully they'll also upload to YouTube.

Gonna listen to a few episodes and probably throw some money at them for a while.

Oh, this is going to be interesting seeing as E3 is about to start. Hope we get some running commentary.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 07 June 2021 - 08:22 PM

#3922 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 June 2021 - 08:10 AM

View PostAptorian, on 07 June 2021 - 08:20 PM, said:

Don't know if anyone but Morgoth actually cares about this but Vinny Caravella, Brad Shoemaker and Alex Navaro just announced they're creating a patreon project called Nextlander:

They're basically continuing where they left off after leaving Giant Bomb. They're doing a Thursday podcast and going to be streaming on Twitch. I'm just happy they're doing podcasts again. Hopefully they'll also upload to YouTube.

Gonna listen to a few episodes and probably throw some money at them for a while.

Oh, this is going to be interesting seeing as E3 is about to start. Hope we get some running commentary.

They're doing it with Austin Walker et al I think. The E3 commentary that is. Or, I dunno, I read that somewhere I think.

Either way, I am happy to have them in my feed still, and very curious to see where Giantbomb will be heading now.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 08 June 2021 - 08:10 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3923 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 June 2021 - 08:23 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 08 June 2021 - 08:10 AM, said:

They're doing it with Austin Walker et al I think. The E3 commentary that is. Or, I dunno, I read that somewhere I think.

Either way, I am happy to have them in my feed still, and very curious to see where Giantbomb will be heading now.

I am exited to see what happens at Giant Bomb. I think they'd become incredibly stale over the past 5 years. I'm currently relistening to the old podcast episodes from around 2010 and it's so much snappier, there's so much more chemistry.

Part of the issue I have with their current content is that they've leaned way too far into the "unprofessional" gimmick of just meandering conversations instead of keeping a time limit and being on the ball about new games development and the latest game releases.

#3924 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 June 2021 - 03:12 PM

Looks like the PlayStation 5 has its first console seller.

It's great to see "The Sess" back reviewing games.

#3925 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 June 2021 - 05:48 AM

View PostAptorian, on 08 June 2021 - 08:23 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 08 June 2021 - 08:10 AM, said:

I am exited to see what happens at Giant Bomb. I think they'd become incredibly stale over the past 5 years. I'm currently relistening to the old podcast episodes from around 2010 and it's so much snappier, there's so much more chemistry.

Part of the issue I have with their current content is that they've leaned way too far into the "unprofessional" gimmick of just meandering conversations instead of keeping a time limit and being on the ball about new games development and the latest game releases.

Clearly Giantbomb is not dead, I'm listening to the newest Bombcast now, and there's lots of plans, and lots of new people coming in.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3926 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2021 - 06:54 AM

Yeah it sounds promising. It's not what I really need from them but hopefully the content will be good.

#3927 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2021 - 06:28 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 June 2021 - 03:12 PM, said:

Looks like the PlayStation 5 has its first console seller.

It's great to see "The Sess" back reviewing games.

Gotta say all these glowing reviews are making me exited. I loved the 2016 remake and this sounds like more of the same but even better. Too bad the PS5 is more rare than an honest politician around here.

Regarding Sessler. The G4 days were before my time, I only saw him for a brief while om the Rev3 games youtube channel. I like him but he seems a bit much some times. Like he's hamming it up for a TV audience.

They've got to do something about the headset though. He looks like a coked up grandpa that got lost on skype.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 09 June 2021 - 06:29 PM

#3928 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:10 PM

Come over to the E3 thread, BK.

#3929 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:30 PM

Wait, there was actual BG&E2 footage in the pre-show? or was it the old stuff?

That game's basically back to the drawing board since Ancel retired from videogames last year, I believe.

There's so many good games coming up I can't be dissappointed with E3 much; I just wish I had more time to play them all...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3930 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:40 PM

I wasn't that hot on this E3 either but I think Guardians of the Galaxy saved the day for me. That game looks great and it's coming out in October. Super excited for that.

#3931 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:44 PM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is giving me all the right vibes. The anomaly and the Bloodsucker segments were just as they should be.

Not so sure about the shooting, but hopefully GSC includes a "classic" difficulty mode that's got the old realistic damage models.

And, since it's got Microsoft's GamePass money, I am half-way optimistic they might actually make their release date! Crazy talk, I know.

There was also this S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wannabe revealed at the PC Gaming show that's got me intrigued:

Between this, Atomic Heart and the upcoming Chernobylite (which I already own as a proud KS backer), even if GSC messes up, there's enough post-apoc goodness coming to pick up the slack

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 17 June 2021 - 03:48 PM

#3932 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 June 2021 - 03:38 PM

So now that E3 is wrapped up, what is scheduled next? (and throughout the summer?) Wasn't that a thing last year? "Summer of Gaming"? Is that going to happen this summer? Is there a schedule posted somewhere?

#3933 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:17 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 18 June 2021 - 03:38 PM, said:

So now that E3 is wrapped up, what is scheduled next? (and throughout the summer?) Wasn't that a thing last year? "Summer of Gaming"? Is that going to happen this summer? Is there a schedule posted somewhere?

Supposedly some Sony thing still to come in June, maybe.

EA Play is in July; Nacon is also doing a showcase in July.

GamesCom Opening Night Live is end of Aug.

#3934 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 June 2021 - 06:00 PM

Have you guys been following that Blue Box thingamadoober?

It seems to take the viral marketing approach to the next iteration. Not sure what it will encompass, other then it might involve Hideo Kojima and Silent Hill? dunno really. I guess there will be something you will be able to download on the PlayStation starting Tuesday? Which has the sole purpose to reveal more about this? Crazy.

#3935 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 19 June 2021 - 06:39 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 June 2021 - 06:00 PM, said:

Have you guys been following that Blue Box thingamadoober?

It seems to take the viral marketing approach to the next iteration. Not sure what it will encompass, other then it might involve Hideo Kojima and Silent Hill? dunno really. I guess there will be something you will be able to download on the PlayStation starting Tuesday? Which has the sole purpose to reveal more about this? Crazy.

I'm still guessing Bloober team is making a Silent Hill game, and we won't see it until GamesCom/TGAs

KojiPro thing could be another red herring... Dunno. I just want Konami to put SH2 and SH3 on GOG, the way they did with Game 4. I've got no investment in the series as or right now.

#3936 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 June 2021 - 06:31 PM

Nothing tangible yet, except more fuckery it seems. This approach to engagement is a delicate line to walk. At some point (and I'm there) people will check out and not care.

#3937 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:00 PM

The Epic Game Store appears to have jumped the gun ahead of today's Nihon Falcom 40th Anniversary stream by putting up pages for the (current) four Legend of Heroes games that have not been released in the West:

Trails from Zero

Trails to Azure

Hajimari no Kiseki (now called Trails into Reverie)

The Legend of Naruta: Boundless Trails

Zero, it says, will be out late 2022. The others are all slated for 2023. I'll just continue playing the Geofront version of Zero and Azure then :lol:

#3938 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:48 PM

Steam summer sale is here!

Panic and hide your wallets :apt: :sofa: :apt:

#3939 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 June 2021 - 06:21 PM

366 items on my wishlist (including DLCs); 105 are on sale, and most of the rest are Early Access or un-released.

This is why backlogs are a problem.

Probably gonna grab Nier Replicant at 25% off. b/c 60 CAD is much easier to accept price than 8- CAD for a single game.

Aside from that, prolly gonna grab some smaller AA games.

#3940 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 June 2021 - 06:22 PM

Oh Shit. I forgot about the Steam Sale!

And I just bought a new gaming PC. Oh this isn't going to be good for my wallet.

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users