• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

been confused about this since book 1 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

Setting aside "the timeline is not important" issues, do we have it mentioned anywhere approx. when Burn went to sleep? My understanding of it was that it was thousands and thousands of years back, pre-Tellan ritual.

If so, then Olar Ethil being Burn is a completely incoherent concept, as Burn continues to exist as a separate entity despite being stripped from Ethil (and exactly how that would happen, not a clue). Unless there's some major split-personality business going on, then I'm convinced Ethil was just lying. Which fits with her general manipulative personality.

#22 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

Burn may be a role, not necessarily just an individual, or even a name. It's not like we haven't seen evidence of that sort of thing elsewhere.

WTF am I doing out of the Inn? :(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#23 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:43 AM

I'm not sure what either you or Toby are doing out of the Inn - get back in there this minute! :(

Burns sleep was 1154 years ago as at the prologue to GotM.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users