• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bridgeburner T-Shirt Design request.

#1 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hi guys - once more we are begging for your skillz. See this postregarding the subject. If anyone fancies having a crack at it please post here with your questions or submissions.

All help will be greatly appreciated - 1st prize is a free Bridgeburner t-shirt with your design on it :p Maybe we can do better than that, but it would still be a sweet prize.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#2 User is offline   ashbury 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

View PostHetan, on 29 March 2010 - 12:54 PM, said:

Hi guys - once more we are begging for your skillz. See this postregarding the subject. If anyone fancies having a crack at it please post here with your questions or submissions.

All help will be greatly appreciated - 1st prize is a free Bridgeburner t-shirt with your design on it :p Maybe we can do better than that, but it would still be a sweet prize.

I'm a designer. Tee shirt graphics is a very large part if what I do and would love to do it! Is there a deadline? Anything specific you are looking for?

#3 User is offline   Hetan 

• View gallery

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

Cool! ok, I was thinking of something along the line of the Affliction t-shirts - with the bridgeburner emblem in the centre, with "Bridgeburners, First in Last" out on the back.

There's a link to the Affliction style in The thread in the Phoenix Inn. take a look and come back to me with questions and issues? and thanks! Deadline - we want to go to print by mid-June.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#4 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

Your shirt, but I think it'd be neater to have the Bridgeburner emblem as well as 'Bridgeburners' on the front, with their motto (First In, Last Out) on the back.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#5 User is offline   ashbury 

• Recruit

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:49 AM

View PostHetan, on 29 March 2010 - 08:04 PM, said:

Cool! ok, I was thinking of something along the line of the Affliction t-shirts - with the bridgeburner emblem in the centre, with "Bridgeburners, First in Last" out on the back.

There's a link to the Affliction style in The thread in the Phoenix Inn. take a look and come back to me with questions and issues? and thanks! Deadline - we want to go to print by mid-June.

OK, I used to work with those guys. They own a Screen printing company too, called Massive. Or at least I think that's what it was called. I'll try to come up with something

#6 User is offline   Hetan 

• View gallery

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:41 AM

Just saw the artwork for this album and thought I'd post the pic to give a vague idea -

Attached File  Badco.jpg (30.51K)
Number of downloads: 68

So I'm thinking of something along these lines - with the ribands? I think Sombra's idea in the other thread is good in some ways and coincides a lot with my own -
the ribands hold the words 2nd Army, 9th Company, Bridgeburners - with "first in last out" on the back? (can't decide on back or front - one side printing would be cheaper :p)

Thinking of a dark grey t-shirt, the design, words etc in white, maroon and black?
If you're ok with this Ashley, I'll add stuff to this thread as and when it comes to me for the next week or so? I'll include any images that be useful - trying to find the good bridgeburner emblem for you to look at and also the Imperial sigil.

Really appreciate any help:)

#7 User is offline   Gathras 

• Recruit

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:40 AM

I can probably give some inspiration as I have the emblem tattooed on my left shoulder. It is combined with a ram but you can easily ignore that. I am pretty damn satisfied with what the tattoo artist did. I will post a pic once I have the time to make a photo.

#8 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:41 AM

Copy/paste from the other thread:

Front - Imperial malazan sigil (the claw + globe from the website main page rotating art work) on the front left pec, (possibly with www.malazanempire.com in italic script underneath)
Back - from the top -
1. "2nd Army, 9th Coy" Riband
2. "BRIDGEBURNERS"
3. (burning single-arch wooden bridge with stone foundations sigil I have seen on here)
4. "First In - Last out" in a riband on the bottom
2 and 3 can be swapped if artistically necessary
This back design covers half the back.

Whole shirt as black/ royal blue/ white/ dark grey (nice idea Hetan)/ whatever.

Thoughts?

@Gathras
Sounds cool

This post has been edited by Sombra: 31 March 2010 - 07:44 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#9 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

Quick first idea... any good?

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  bb2.png (658.59K)
    Number of downloads: 66

This post has been edited by caladanbrood: 31 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#10 User is offline   Gathras 

• Recruit

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

Well here is a pic of my tattoo. I hope it will help one of you with making a design

Attached File  DSC01103.JPG (76.8K)
Number of downloads: 261

#11 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Whoa, cool tattoo :)
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#12 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

Spent today trying to amalgamate my original, Gathras' awesome tattoo, and Hetan's ideas, and I've come up with this... what do people think? Trying to get the imperial colours quite prominant. Was thinking maybe the purple should be less purple and more burgandy?

http://img682.images...6/fulllogo2.png

Posted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#13 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

Make those two gray claws at the bottom into the Imperial symbol, move all the purple down there, ADD MORE BURGUNDY
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#14 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

@Brood
Now THAT'S a lot more of what I was trying to get at for the back design I liked. A bit lairy maybe with the spiky stuff going on at the side of the emblem (maybe remove or tone down a bit?), but the ribands look great and you've pretty much nailed the shield/emblem (or whatever that stuff is called in heraldry).

Could you perhaps do an almost identical option with my above suggestions? And perhaps have the Unit (2nd Army - 9th Coy/Company) as a single riband at the top and "First In - Last Out" down the bottom on another riband? I don't know whether to have "Bridgeburners" at the top or bottom.

As an example of a different badge/emblem, I give you my corps badge:

http://www.raaoc.com/?q=node/44

I'm sure there are quite a few other examples other people might use as well, from nobility and military heraldry (try a google image search on terms like military, heraldry, corps, nobility, coat of arms etc or any combination thereof) to more contemporary sporting clubs and so on. But for my money I think you are on the right track. :D

This post has been edited by Sombra: 20 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#15 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:20 PM

That looks pretty awesome brood. Could we get that on the front and then the imperial sigil on the back with 'First In' and 'Last Out' above and below it, respectivily?

Although I liked the banner on the first one more than the dual banners on the second, but I couldn't tell you why.

In fact, I really like the main sigil for this site:
http://www.armorial.ru/gallery.htm
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#16 User is offline   Hetan 

• View gallery

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

Ok I agree that more burgundy would be good.

Is this for the front or the back of the t-shirt Brood? Would you have Bridgeburners etc somewhere else?

If it's for the front would you have the imperial sigil on the back and if so which sigil would everyone want to see?

I'm not quite so struck on the burning bridge emblem although I like the shield shape - the concept is good, it's the execution that I'm not so sure of - but I appreciate that you are not an artist and are doing a great job with the tools that you have. I like the way the flames look in Gathras tattoo and wonder if you are able to use that kind of flame design/shape on the bridge? For me, currently they don't look like flames and perhaps by restricting it to 2 colours (red and gold) it might stand out a bit more? Oh and I like the crenellations on the bridge too (on the tattoo) :D
I know I'm asking a lot and hope you don't mind :D

Below is still my favourite BB emblem and sorry it's so huge :D (it looked little on my pc!)

Attached File  bridgeburnnerweb02.jpg (65.84K)
Number of downloads: 60

#17 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

I love it, Brood, but agree about the MOAR burgundy.
What about switching the grey and burgundy in the banners?
I also like Hetan's logo lots, the flames are very vibrant.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#18 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

Well guys, you asked for everyone's $0.02 so I guess you're going to get it. :D

I think Hetan's burning bridge emblem is better than the other sigil you have adapted (for a tshirt design, with more definite, simpler lines), although I do prefer the first ones orange looking (and thus more natural) flames to the more reddish ones in Hetan's.

And interchanging between Imperial sigil front or back, and the Unit emblem as the other side actually works, I think. Probably shouldn't make either one too intricate in design to keep it more simple and easy to reproduce on a tshirt, and thus with more definite lines that show up better.

But I have absolutely no artistic ability whatsoever, so I guess in the end my suggestions can be taken with a pinch of salt. Admittedly a Macros-sized pinch but still ... :D

I really appreciate the efforts that are being put in by the way. I just wish I could contribute. :p

EDIT: I just realised in saying "I love what you've done ... but how about these small changes" plus "I have no artistic talent" makes me like a Hollywood producer talking to scriptwriters. Minus the money. Oh the shame! :D

This post has been edited by Sombra: 21 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

#19 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:49 AM

I like Hetan´s (Brood´s great, but for me is emblem losing inside). Hetan´s is simple, but greatly eye-catching. Just maybe little change - more orange flames.

But as I said, its great in its simple concept and on t-shirt it would be main motive, not lost in background.
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimistic´s worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. It´s bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#20 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

I've been having a little look at GotM, and it turns out that the Bridgeburners are not a company of the 2nd Army, they are merely attached to it during the Genabackan campaign. So I guess the text would just be 2nd Army, Bridgeburners and First In, Last Out. Which makes it a bit easier actually - I'll see what I can do with the emblem, which I agree is the weak point, but it is the only thing on there which I made from scratch myself, so that kind of makes sense :D

Thanks for all the input guys!!

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users