• You cannot reply to this topic

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

#21 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

Forgive me for being a dorky console player...BUT....wasn't this supposed to come out on console?
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#22 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

Only the Glorious PC Master race is good enough for the Witcher.

#23 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

I'm fairly sure it's being ported on the consoles as well.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#24 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

View PostEddie Dean, on 28 March 2011 - 02:15 PM, said:

Forgive me for being a dorky console player...BUT....wasn't this supposed to come out on console?

Tomaz the senior Dev mentioned a console port but not till after the pc release, he said because they are not such a big company they can only focus on one project at a time. But console port is in their minds :)
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#25 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:26 AM

lol, htey know their market well. Eastern Europe is not huge on consoles, and no matter how much critical acclaim they may get, games like the Witcher aren't exactly mainstream, so majortiy of their money will be coming from europe, and not NA, in all likelyhood.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 29 March 2011 - 04:26 AM

#26 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:08 AM

It doesn't fit the orbs-spawning-from-enemies-to-replenish-health-plus-20-storey-bossfights type, nor does it fit the let's-make-another-cover-and-rechargable-shields-based-shooter type. Not really that much of a console game!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#27 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

The difference between the minimum and recommended system requirements is rather large!

Edit-@Gothos

Seems I can get the game quite cheap if I pre-order. I never played the first witcher but I heard great things, still I doubt Ill ever go back for it. So do I still want this game?

This post has been edited by Cause: 29 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

#28 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

View PostGothos, on 29 March 2011 - 06:08 AM, said:

It doesn't fit the orbs-spawning-from-enemies-to-replenish-health-plus-20-storey-bossfights type, nor does it fit the let's-make-another-cover-and-rechargable-shields-based-shooter type. Not really that much of a console game!

I take it you haven't seen the 20+ min Diablo 3 gameplay vid....

#29 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:14 AM

CD Project Red posted the completed and official new face of Geralt. though they claim its the same guy, the same model, re-designed with their latest technology. Personally I think he looks pretty bad ass, I don't know how long after the first game this is suppose to take place but he looks likes hes been through a few more tough times.

Spoiler

What do you guys and girls think of the 'New' Geralt?
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#30 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

I'm not sure how well this voice will mesh with the voice actors I remember. A look like that requires someone grizzled and hard-bitten.

Seeing as I only intend to play this with Russian voiceover, and they're supposed to be keeping same voice actors, I can see this being an issue.

#31 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

View PostSammehmander Rake, on 05 April 2011 - 03:14 AM, said:

he looks likes hes been through a few more tough times.

Well, canonically, the guy's aboout/over a hundred, and has been fighting really nasty things and people for most of that time. This is probably the way he should've looked in part one already.
By all accounts, Geralt doesn't come across as a very nice guy (except for the ladies, of course. they like their bad boys I guess, especially with a tingling sensation to the touch)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#32 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:06 AM

meh, Geralt is fiercely independent, true. Cynical, too. But he still seemed a fairly "nice guy" in the books, from what I remember.

#33 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

Once you get to know him. By all accounts his appearance and voice aren't.

#34 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

lol, you should hear the Russian voiceover for the Enhanced Edition, then. He sounds quite pleasant, which fits the image, I suppose.

#35 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:54 AM

http://apps.facebook.com/thewitcherlive/

Another live Conference. however not live now, as it happened last night :D but still got some awesome footage and some nice information for your little (or big) ears.

Enjoy.
— Anomander Rake

#36 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:31 AM

Wh....what have they....what have they done to this game!??!?!?!?

I mean, have you seen that combat? It's atrocious! It's almost like God of War, only MORE AWKWARD AND STUPIDER LOOKING. I'm...not feeling too good...think I need to sit down...oh, crap, I already am...fuck...

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#37 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

I am confused. The combat looks exactly the same as the first game. Maybe with some innovation to the way the combat is displayed and how you activate the spells. I played the Witcher in an isometric view to get a better tactical advantage but I remember an option to play over the should as well. I am sure you can adjust that view in the next game. Seeing as I thought the combat system in the first game was too repetitive I would welcome more options of attack than just switching between styles and clicking once in a while when there is a crit.

Keep in mind that this was a console version,

I actually thought it looked good.

This post has been edited by Battle Plaptypus: 21 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

#38 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

The combat looks... bad. I do hope that this is still beta footage.

#39 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

How on earth does this look worse than the first game? Give me some examples here.

#40 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:51 AM

It looks like they did away with timed combo clicks in favour of... I don't know, holding the LMB down? Click and autoattack? Besides that, by the health bars it seems like the balance of damage and health between G and opponents is seriously insane right now.
That's why I hope this is beta.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users