• You cannot reply to this topic

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

#141 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

I'll briefly describe my first playthrough:
Spoiler

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#142 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

I keep getting freezes and black screens when playing, even on lower settings than I use for other games, where there are no such issues.
That alone is putting my progress on halt, cause I really like this game.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#143 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

i'm still in Act I. my playing has been very sporadic, but the Russian voiceovers... I haz them now.
and I managed to finally win at armwrestling, woot.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#144 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

View PostGothos, on 28 May 2011 - 09:09 AM, said:

I'll briefly describe my first playthrough:
Spoiler

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sammehmander Rake: 29 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#145 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

AAAARGHH

WHO TH EHELL INVENTED QTES?

fucking Kayran fight....

#146 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

I actually got it after my 5th or 6th try, I think...
but yeah. QTE's will be the bane of the hardest difficulty level.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#147 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

Second play through is so much easier! I annihilated those Big Arachi queens in a matter of seconds without taking any damage at all. comparing that to my first play through where it took my half the day xD and that was on level 12 or so, did it this time on level 7. also playing as a completely different style character and choosing different story paths, effects every thing so much! such an awesome game! LOVE IT!

edit: I reached a bug on my 2nd playthrough, where I'm suppose to talk to king Henselt to proceed, but he remains un-interact able. so I'm stuck for ideas.. any one else get this problem, when you side with roche.

This post has been edited by Sammehmander Rake: 25 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#148 User is offline   Hocknose 

• High Fist

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:19 AM

Had this for a few weeks now and been dipping in here and there and I'm just about to start Act 3, the problem is I've lost all motivation to carry on...I honestly don't know why. I put it on for 10 mins last night, got killed and then just quit (wasn't rage quit). I did the same with the first Witcher...stopped about 2/3 the way through.

I can't put my finger on it cause it's actually a very good game, great story, gameplay and wonderful graphics. Did you guys ever get this during the this game or any other game as a matter of fact?

#149 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

I must say, yes, certainly, though most often this only happens on my second or further playthrough. But yeah, in the last year, the very same thing happened to me with Metro 2033, Fallout 3, Arcania: Gothic 4, Magicka and Crysis (OK, so that one's after about 1 hour :no). Then again, Arcania and Crysis just weren't all that good.

#150 User is offline   Hocknose 

• High Fist

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

I think my biggest problem is I tend to play so many multiplayer games, when I play a single player one I seem to lose interest...I mean I can't stop playing Dawn of War Retribution on last stand mode...the premise of the that game is so simple...just survive as long as you can against the incoming hordes...but I can sit and play that for hours on end, same with Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I think the last single player game I truly nailed was Demon Souls...but that is one of my all time faves and it has multiplayer integrated

#151 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

I have a thing with multiplayer games, and it's that they usually bore me extremely quickly :no You might think that human opponents would make for more variation, but that's just an illusion.

#152 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

It's kind of happening to me as well, just early in Act 2. Doesn't help that I'm playing Wizardry 7 at the same time.

#153 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

I've been playing this for some days now... I must say I'm very impressed by the visuals. Loved the action in the prologue and I've fallen in love with Flotsam, such a nice (except for the people there) village in the woods.

Question: was anyone bothered by the lack of opportunity to stash your inventory somewhere. Must admit that I just installed a mod to overcome this.

This post has been edited by Avatar: 31 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

#154 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

I think they're actually patching in the ability to stash stuff at inns

#155 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

It seems like an excellent game, but like the earlier posters finding very little enthusiasm to boot up the game and play. The inability to delete saves is also mystifying. That and the strange volume differences (extremely hard to hear Geralt speak, while everything else is perfectly audible).

#156 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

You can delete saves, it was patched in fairly early. It's either a button or just pressing delete when they're highlighted.

#157 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

Patch 2.0 is out today.... anyone has any impressions?

#158 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:19 AM

It seems in Patch 2.0 it seems that some of if not all the Australian censoring has been abolished. So now we finally get the same game as the rest of the world! though I think its only equivalent to two sex scenes, so it was no big deal to begin with. will check out the Arena next and play through on Dark mode as a real jerk!
— Anomander Rake

#159 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

This game is fantastic! just got past flotsam and now I'm scratching my head trying to find this drunk odrin guy.
been beating up the spy unit for kicks, Thats just brilliant fun.

I have to say playing this makes me realize just how terrible I am at gaming RPGs. can't get anywhere on any setting
higher than normal. The level of difficulty in this game is intense, but oh so satisfying!

EDIT: I echo the strong desire for storage space. Cant decide what to sell, its all usefull.

This post has been edited by Dolmen+: 17 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#160 User is offline   Steelriver 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hah there is a Gessler from malazan books and a Croaker from The Black Company books in the game.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users