• You cannot reply to this topic

Who is Grizzin Farl? Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Luzburg 

• Master Exploder
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

View PostThinkingMalaz, on 10 February 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

OK another crazy theory with very little to support it but I can't shake it

Edgewalker is Grizzin Farl (maybe). Edgewalker says to cotillion that he should consider him 'elemental' and before explains that the elder Gods are that. Now we know that a busload of eleint, Elder Gods and Soletaken were all fighting to gain control of shadow and in the process sundered the whole realm. What if Grizzin Farl was one of the would be usurpers of the throne (edgewalker is, if we are to believe him) that eventually got ousted and bound. Edgewalker is bound to shadow, no-one really knows who or what he is except for the clue he puts out to cotillion that he is Elder.

Is this just crazy? Or might I be on to something?

I don't think so, seems improbable that all the elder gods would speak of edgewalker and at other times say that grizzin farl has no corporeal form. UNLESS.... its a big case of misdirection and edgewalker is only a ghost?

I think that Grizzen Farl was summoned to the Crippled God's realm by mages trying to bring TCG back through the rent.

#42 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

Grizzin Farl is Nefarious Bredd.

#43 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:07 AM

Well when the Eldar Gods are talking they mention both Edgewalker and Grizzin Farl so I don`t think that`s that case.

#44 User is offline   ThinkingMalaz 

• Sergeant

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

fair point... I just feel that edgewalker is very skilled at misdirection. He's pretty much a ghost already and he is bound to shadow. He might appear like a completely different entity to other gods, especially since he's now bound to shadow.... But I must say it looks like this crazy theory is crushed... I won't let go of it yet cause it's my pet theory, my precioussssss lol

#45 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

View PostThinkingMalaz, on 11 February 2011 - 08:44 AM, said:

fair point... I just feel that edgewalker is very skilled at misdirection. He's pretty much a ghost already and he is bound to shadow. He might appear like a completely different entity to other gods, especially since he's now bound to shadow.... But I must say it looks like this crazy theory is crushed... I won't let go of it yet cause it's my pet theory, my precioussssss lol

Grizzin Farl possibly the Darujhistan tyrant? Nothing whatsoever to support this, but theories are free after all!

To be clear, i do realize Darujhistan is only 2000 years old (give or take), but who's to say that Farl didn't use means like Nightchill, to wander as a mortal or what-have-you? Maybe he's died countless times, but with his "death" as the Tyrant, maybe it had more of a semi-finality of sort, via highly complex wards, trappings, etc via the Cabal? I have always viewed this Tyrant situation in Darujhistan as a kind of take on the Dominator, Lady, and the Ten Who Were Taken, with potentially Vorcan playing the Lady part! Obviously i'm most likely wrong, but its still fun to try and look for parallels...:thumbup:

#46 User is offline   Excellence 

• High Fist

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:55 AM

Edgewalker we now know from the book is an Elder Gof. Farl, must be a hidden character we've already seen.
If there were no smart people others wouldn't feel inadequate.

Right?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users