• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chicago Meet up/BBQ 2 Thoughts and plans and what not. Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:18 AM

I'll place myself on a preliminary "probably" that is subject to change to definite and "can't" for the foreseeable future.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#62 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:47 PM

View PostShinrei, on 27 June 2010 - 03:11 AM, said:

That's just it, I really want to meet you guys. You mentioned the 4/5th as a possibility. Tapper, does that weekend work?

And Venge, yeah, I see what you mean, but at least it's a professional football game. It still surprises me that a big city like Chicago only has amateur teams.

It makes sure I have to attend a host of work-related events I had skipped out by virtue of being in the US, but I haven't booked yet, so can adjust if it's also okay for venge and his wife.

Also, since when does a football game take a whole weekend? Are commercial breaks that bad nowadays? :p
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#63 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

No, but presumably the day of drunken debauchery would be on a saturday. Football games are noon on Sunday. Chicago to Green Bay is at minimum a 5 hour drive, longer when hungover....

If I party with the likes of Bent and HD, I won't be sober enough to wake up a 5 AM to make a football game. :p
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#64 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

Shin, Are you implying that the Chicago Bears are an amateur team? 'Cuz them r fightin words.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#65 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

I'm surprisingly free all of September.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#66 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:21 AM

View PostObdigore, on 28 June 2010 - 01:21 PM, said:

Shin, Are you implying that the Chicago Bears are an amateur team? 'Cuz them r fightin words.

Well, you know why Iowa doesn't have a pro football team. Because then Minnesota would want one too! :p
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#67 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:08 AM

You can make the date whenever, its becoming more and more unlikely that I'll make this one.
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#68 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

View PostBent, on 29 June 2010 - 11:08 AM, said:

You can make the date whenever, its becoming more and more unlikely that I'll make this one.

That sucks Bent...
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#69 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:55 AM

:p

#70 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

View PostShinrei, on 29 June 2010 - 08:21 AM, said:

Well, you know why Iowa doesn't have a pro football team. Because then Minnesota would want one too! :p

Who won the division last year? Suck it cheesehead!

Also - Bent. You are required to show up.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#71 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Ladies and gentlemen here sits an man who is ashamed of his team. I know that it might not seem that way at first but believe me he is. He is ashamed because his team let go one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the game. Unable to allow Brett Farve to continually retire then unretire the next year Shin's team decided to let him leave. Now he is shamed and forced out of spite to pretend that his team still remains relevant in the sport. Tis a sad sad thing.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#72 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

For what it's worth, there is really no chance I'd be able to get there after college starts back up in late August. I've got a brutal year ahead, so unfortunately will be way too busy.

#73 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

View PostStalker, on 29 June 2010 - 07:55 PM, said:

For what it's worth, there is really no chance I'd be able to get there after college starts back up in late August. I've got a brutal year ahead, so unfortunately will be way too busy.

Amen to that.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#74 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

Brutal and college schedule do not belong in the same sentence unless you are also working a full time job.

Otherwise, best-time ever & college schedule are the appropriate combination.

The end.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#75 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

yeah, I wish HD. Been taking it way too easy the last two years so I need to ramp it up for that med school idea of mine. Which means 3 lab sciences, a math class, and an english class about how to properly read non-fiction or something like that.

#76 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

View PostVengeance, on 29 June 2010 - 02:48 PM, said:

Ladies and gentlemen here sits an man who is ashamed of his team. I know that it might not seem that way at first but believe me he is. He is ashamed because his team let go one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the game. Unable to allow Brett Farve to continually retire then unretire the next year Shin's team decided to let him leave. Now he is shamed and forced out of spite to pretend that his team still remains relevant in the sport. Tis a sad sad thing.

Wow. If the Packers are irrelevant, what does that make the...wait...what was the name of that team in Chicago again? I think its started with the letter clunge, but I'm not sure.

And in more serious news... is it possible to do this on the weekend when I will NOT be seeing the best NFL TEAM EVAR PLAYING AT HOME IN LAMBEAU FIELD?

#77 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:26 AM

This needs to be roll-called on dates and people. Lots of people say they are available on certain dates, but not others. So, let's see which date (with actual dates) is the most available and take it from there. It seems as though some people are dropping out, so the most opportune date might be changing.... who knows.

#78 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:51 AM

ROLL CALL

For me (and of course, none of these are certain, just more certain than others)

First weekend: 4th and 5th. OK

Second weekend: 11th and 12th. OK

Third weekend: Questionable. Will attend the Packer game on Sunday, so if it was a Friday night party/return on Saturday I could do it.

Fourth weekend: OUT. Will have left the country.

This post has been edited by Shinrei: 30 June 2010 - 06:52 AM

#79 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:01 AM

4/5: 95% availability.

11/12: 95% availability.

18/19: 95% availability.

25/26: 95% availability.

All time slots available, being able to make it to any probable.

I want to drink with Shin.

#80 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

4/5 is a bit tight. Either I have just arrived, or will still have to arrive.
11/12: can be there (and is the weekend I'm most likely to be around in some form).
18/19: can be there.
25/26: can be there.

The main issue for me is time - I need to book in the upcoming weeks, and I prefer knowing when you guys will be roasting so I can culturally offend as many of you as possible rather than completely miss the event :p
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users