• You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan BBQ The Fourth Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

View PostGriven, on 08 March 2010 - 07:47 PM, said:

Anomander,

I dunno really about where you live, but if it's close to the Toronto Area, or southern ontario at all, from what I've heard in the summer Hamilton Airport has flights to and from the UK and they are relatively cheap. They are your typical crammed airbusses, but I think the price is right, I dunno though, worth a look...

I live in Halifax so it's doubtful I can make use of that info, but thanks though. :p
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#102 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

View PostSir Thursday, on 13 March 2010 - 04:29 PM, said:

Count me in if there's still room. Always a good time, is the Malaz BBQ.

Sir Thursday

Excellent, a travelling companion! You can help carry my meat and ale to the train station.

#103 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

View PostAnomander, on 14 March 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

I live in Halifax so it's doubtful I can make use of that info

Well you don't need to fly at all then, simply follow the M62 through Yorkshire pick up the A1M past Doncaster towards the South and come off the A14
I AM A TWAT

#104 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

Ok - role call as currently stated in this thread :-

Definites

Cougar
Dutch Master of the Deck
Tiste Simeon
Imperial Historian
Toby
Illy
Dag
Morgoth
Mr. & Mrs. Paleman
stone monkey
Macros
Sir Thursday
Tapper
Giles/Baudin

This year's special guest : Anomander

Maybes

Brood
Mezla
powermad
Fid
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#105 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

Morgoth is stalking me into joining you guys, and while that actually does have a certain appeal, I had plans for a holiday by train in that period that would take me to the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania or Bulgaria (meaning I probably will lose a kidney somewhere along the line) rather than Cambridge. It's all very vague at the moment, but I like the idea, so I guess I'm a potentially possible maybe.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#106 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

You know it makes sense - start at Cambridge and loose a kidney before you leave the uk :lol:
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#107 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

View PostHetan, on 20 March 2010 - 10:59 PM, said:

You know it makes sense - start at Cambridge and loose a kidney before you leave the uk :lol:

Hey Tapper,

I'm sure between everyone attending the BBQ we could probably rustle up a single functioning kidney between us all. It's a close call but I'm quietly confident that we'll manage.

#108 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:14 AM

Are you sure of that? There'll be more Akevitt for you after all
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#109 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 21 March 2010 - 02:14 AM, said:

Are you sure of that? There'll be more Akevitt for you after all

I can't really be totally sure; after all, if you continue to insist on bringing gut rot to the proceedings then there's the obvious possibility that it could all go horribly wrong however I'm sure if we get the kidney donations out of the way before you release the beast that is the nordic equiavalent of raw sewage then we may (just) be able to fulfil Tapper's need of kidneytastic high denul intervention.

This post has been edited by Paleman: 21 March 2010 - 02:26 AM

#110 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:29 AM

Tapper is from Holland. He's been drinking Heineken since he was 3 years old.

#111 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

So you think his taste buds will be atrophied from neglect and he might actually find akevitt not appalling?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#112 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:43 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 21 March 2010 - 02:40 AM, said:

So you think his taste buds will be atrophied from neglect and he might actually find akevitt not appalling?

pretty much. He's suffered so much hardship he's a true man and thus able to appreciate the golden dram of the north.

#113 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:43 AM

No wonder he's asking for kidney style donations. Poor b7557643d.

#114 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:52 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 21 March 2010 - 02:43 AM, said:

pretty much. He's suffered so much hardship he's a true man and thus able to appreciate the golden dram of the north.

Just because you've drunk enough drain cleaner to enjoy the taste doesn't mean it's not horrible.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#115 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:02 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 21 March 2010 - 02:52 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 21 March 2010 - 02:43 AM, said:

Just because you've drunk enough drain cleaner to enjoy the taste doesn't mean it's not horrible.

Red Alert!!!! Illy will be punching us all in the back to check if there's a possibility of future organ donations. I think his chicken fetish has got the better of him and he's going to use us all as possible replacement body parts. Do not sleep next to Illy!!! :lol:

#116 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

Well, I do have a problem with my organs giving me stabbing pains after booze, but I think Hetan and Mal have secured me my usual sleeping spot, and that place doesn't really have room for two. So you should be fine.

Unless I get stuck in the back of Tiste's car, behind the passenger seat. Because I can cut through a seat, and the passenger isn't driving me there or back. So be careful when you call shotgun, gentlemen.

#117 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:09 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 21 March 2010 - 03:05 AM, said:

Well, I do have a problem with my organs giving me stabbing pains after booze, but I think Hetan and Mal have secured me my usual sleeping spot, and that place doesn't really have room for two. So you should be fine.

Unless I get stuck in the back of Tiste's car, behind the passenger seat. Because I can cut through a seat, and the passenger isn't driving me there or back. So be careful when you call shotgun, gentlemen.

Usual sleeping spot? Are you really toilet trained? :lol:

#118 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

THAT FLOOR WAS VERY COMFORTABLE

#119 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 21 March 2010 - 03:19 AM, said:

THAT FLOOR WAS VERY COMFORTABLE

Hey Dude. Ceramic pillows have worked in the past for me too. The cooling effect on the cheek can be quite comforting; especially in Summer.

#120 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:17 AM

I think it was even carpeted.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users