Malazan Empire: A soletaken WHAT? And Olar Ethil is WHO? - Malazan Empire

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A soletaken WHAT? And Olar Ethil is WHO? all things shapeshifty and goddish... Rate Topic: -----

#181 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

View PostMTS, on 27 January 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

Gorilla, bear, they're both big big and hairy. :w00t:

and are both godless killing machines
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#182 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

Apart from that bear war god in TTH, of course.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#183 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 27 January 2011 - 04:56 PM, said:

Apart from that bear war god in TTH, of course.

Now you're just being pedantic (war god) bear.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#184 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

There was also a T'lan Imass with Monok Ochem who was called Olar Shayn. Not much Soletaken about him though. Now he's just a head looking out over a canyon, the lazy git.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#185 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

View PostMTS, on 27 January 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

Gorilla, bear, they're both big big and hairy. :w00t:

I had him confused with the Bonecasters who kill Sukul Ankhadu in RG. I was just testing your inferior quote-fu! HAHAHAHA

Fix'd
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#186 User is offline   lord of tragedy 

• High Fist

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

the path of hands? gothos flies off, having been released by Moby, in the form of an eleint d'ivers. none of the other d'ivers could get in to temelor because the path of hands had already been walked, by gothos.
sitting down here in the campfire light, waiting on the ghost of tom joad.

#187 User is offline   Infyra 

• Recruit

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Could Olar Ethil simply be explaining in a cumsy way to Torrent what an Elder God is?

#188 User is offline   Aertheron 

• Corporal

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 16 January 2010 - 07:34 PM, said:

Yea I caught that when I read it and spent a couple minutes thinking about how awesome that would be. I got the feeling its not somebody we know too. Its interesting to think of how it happened though, because apparently the only way to become a draconic soletaken is to drink Tiam's blood, or be born of somebody that did that. It's interesting because a Jaghut couldn't just walk into SD, so that means either Tiam was wandering around Wu or Omtose Phellack at some point in time, or a Jaghut had a friend that could get them there. Since we've never seen a full-blooded Jaghut have a companion from a different race (Hood and his servants notwithstanding).

Dear Friend,

Full Blooded Jaghut mated Thelomen Toblakai, which offspring is a Jhag, one we know is friggin powerfull (Icarium)
I'm pretty sure they also mated with other races.
Also Female Soul Taken Andii did not Mate with Tiam... (just drinking her blood is sufficient)
Also Jaghut clearly have the ability to travel other realms, Ghotos can even travel the Azath realm. So why would they not be able to go to the Dragon Realm?

Spoiler

Then to the point of who the Soul Taken Jaghut might be.
I think it might possibly be Gothos, because he is as far as I have noticed the most powerful Jaghut, even Kallor is afraid of him, and he was also able to trap the builder of the Azath Houses.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users