• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Members Start Here

#1 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum. Please feel free to take time to introduce yourself and meet other members. You can either start your own thread here or add to the on-going New Member Introduction thread below. This part of the forum is not related to book discussion but does contain some basic information on how to use the forum software, such as how to change skin, how to use spoiler tags and how to add an image to a post, or view the Help button for further information.

There's also some forum rules in here so that you are aware of what is and what is not considered good forum etiquette. Please take the time to read them as they are there for the benefit of all members. Thanks and enjoy your stay!
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#2 User is offline   Baudinsballs 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

Hi Long time lurker several times poster.

Recently got into the Malazan series. I had GOTM on my shelf since 2008 and didn't get to read it until 2009. I enjoyed it after several attempts. Liked it so much I bought every single book up until DOD, currently reading through The BoneHunters.

So glad I didn't get into the series at the beginning. Now I can read the series one after another.

#3 User is offline   Hetan 

• View gallery

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

View PostBaudinsballs, on 12 January 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

Hi Long time lurker several times poster.

Recently got into the Malazan series. I had GOTM on my shelf since 2008 and didn't get to read it until 2009. I enjoyed it after several attempts. Liked it so much I bought every single book up until DOD, currently reading through The BoneHunters.

So glad I didn't get into the series at the beginning. Now I can read the series one after another.

Welcome then, long time lurker several times poster :D What finally got you to post and not just lurk? Enquiring minds want to know.:D
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#4 User is offline   Baudinsballs 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

Good question, I have no Idea. Probably a mix of the writers corner and somewhere to give my crack pot theories.

This post has been edited by Abyss: 18 January 2010 - 07:57 PM
Reason for edit: book discussion removed - poster posted them elsewhere.

#5 User is offline   Hetan 

• View gallery

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

I think that is one of those questions that should be in the book forums, but I understand that you are just replying to my question. Why don't you post that in the General Book forum and see what happens?

#6 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

I'm not new, I've been here many moons, but I want to welcome all of the new people who are just lurking at the moment. Sign up, log in and speak out. Also, on a personal note, I lurked for a few months before I finally was brave enough to post the first time.

It was terrifying. But the others were welcoming and I regret not logging in sooner. Now I'm just your average run of the mill empire junky. It wasn't a difficult transition, in my opinion.
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#7 User is offline   Clanless Warrior 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Ask and find out

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

Hi guys (and gals?).
I've been a lurker for a while, but it's time to take a more active role in what I love, so I joined up as a member.
Now I get to share my opinion with Malazans, Darus, Jhags, and the T'lan Imass, although they probably "make no difference either way" to them. Ha ha. But the T'lan Imass are so sick. They rock my socks.

P.S. I am aware of the other races (well, several of them but not all) because I am finishing Memories of Ice now. What a book! I know the successors will continue top grip me equally if not even more. I can't wait!

#8 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:57 AM

Welcome!

Yes, there are some ladies here. Apt's a really friendly one.

I hope you keeping getting your socks rocked off. (an aside, that sounds naughty)

And, welcome again!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#9 User is offline   Clanless Warrior 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Ask and find out

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:26 AM

Thank you for the welcome.
My socks getting rocked is not naughty, although I must admit it sounds so!
Thanks again, and I will surely enjoy this site!

#10 User is offline   Kireler 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Hi all .... Got GoM a few months ago and I'm on the 4th book now.

Loving the series so far =)

#11 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

Welcome new peoples. On behalf of the greatest forum on the planet, I humbly request that you give me all of your reps. (little green plus sign in the lower right side of my posts.)

I'm not ashamed of my addiction. Also, I would like to direct you to the Phoenix Inn, where people like me run around the asylum, I mean asylum, I mean asylum. Anyway, Welcome to you all.

#12 User is offline   Wyzaard 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

Greetings.

I picked up a copy of GotM from a used book store a while back... and like so many others, got sucked right into Erikson's twisted Warren. I'm currently on the second novel in the series, and already my mind is racing with metaphysical, historical, and geographic quandaries; I might jump in a bit more when I'm better informed with the metaplots and cosmology, but it's good to immerse in discourses nevertheless.

#13 User is offline   Gruntle Cub 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

Howdy.

I picked up DG (still my favourite) a few years back because of the cover. I wanted something a bit darker and complex than David Gemmel etc. and found it purely by luck. I've been hooked ever since. Busy reading DoD and I have read Esslemont's novels but I still need to track down Lees. I can't seem to get anyone else to read it though, maybe it is because I describe the Malazan series as "Lord of the Rings if it was written by Quentin Tarentino". I love the Malazan books, I just usually have no idea whats going on.

#14 User is offline   Hetan 

• View gallery

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Welcome to the forum new members - feel free to join in any of the book threads but watch out for spoilers if you haven't read all of them. :pirate:

#15 User is offline   Korbal Broach 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Lots of things, don't feel like listing them right now

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:24 AM

Well, like some of the others I finally decided to stop just creeping the post as an outsider and join. Just waiting for DoD to come, can't wait Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dv8tor: 31 January 2010 - 04:25 AM

I'm not about to engage in a battle of the wits with an unarmed opponent.

#16 User is offline   fawkn_n8ive 

• Recruit
  • Interests:drawing anything to do with fantasy, demons, dragons, etc..

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:15 AM

Hello out there people. For starters, I have not read even one of these books. Until I read a few posts I didn't know this site was about books. I have read a lot of science fiction and fantasy but I am sure this is a lot different than what I have read so far. My reason for joining is to share my art with you all by going out and looking for these books so I can read then illustrate the characters. I don't know if I would be judged because of my reasons but if you can all accept it then I thank you. Please feel free to ask me some questions but just to be aware my answers might take a while. I am slow to respond on these blogs... Anyway, it's good to be here!!

#17 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

View Postfawkn_n8ive, on 02 February 2010 - 10:15 AM, said:

Hello out there people. For starters, I have not read even one of these books. Until I read a few posts I didn't know this site was about books. I have read a lot of science fiction and fantasy but I am sure this is a lot different than what I have read so far. My reason for joining is to share my art with you all by going out and looking for these books so I can read then illustrate the characters. I don't know if I would be judged because of my reasons but if you can all accept it then I thank you. Please feel free to ask me some questions but just to be aware my answers might take a while. I am slow to respond on these blogs... Anyway, it's good to be here!!

I hope you enjoy the books while you 'research' :) I am sure you will be welcomed, there is a burgeoning group of artists here. Stop by the malazan art subforum to see some of their work, as well as get the odd quote on what the characters look like. If you dont mind me asking, how exactly did you end up here if you didn't even know about the books?
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#18 User is offline   Flashwit 

• Studded Student Stud of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army
  • Interests:Football, lacrosse, jeet kun do, kali, jiu jitsu, reading, call of duty. FAST CARS.... who said these things cant go together?

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:48 AM

Well i have read all of the malazan book of the fallen series (twice so far) and am now reading the stories of bauchelain and korbal this series is amazing, just found out there was this website here so decided to join. errr... hello. lol
"The world, someone once said, gives back what is given. In abundance. But then, as I would point out, someone was always saying something. Until i get fed up and have them executed." Kallor

"no im not a crazed gunman dad im an assassin, well the difference bein one is a job and one is a mental sickness!"

#19 User is offline   Onearms"s Host 

• Recruit

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

Just signed up, it feels good to have actually done it instead of just thinking about doing it. Toll the Hounds is my fav book. Found the series by accident and have loved every minute(hours,day's) that I have spent reading and re-reading this series. My ONLY complaint with this series is that one of the coolest cultures/peoples in this universe is being virtuallly ignored IMO. Namely the Segulah, I need more. I want more. I demand more!

(with head bowed) Please Mr.Erikson sir, can you write about the Segulah more. Please.

#20 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:06 AM

Welcome all noobs!

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic