• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Red Dead (Redemption) Series AKA Rockstar's Grand Theft Equine

#421 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:22 AM

Guys, I've been gutted to my core at what has just been revealed! And living in the swamp to boot! I hope this is not going to end where it seems to be heading.
Spoiler

#422 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:25 AM

I started replaying the first one. It’s pretty cool knowing the backstory as you encounter these haracters and hear marston talking about his life.
Error: Signature not valid

#423 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

Ok, I've ran into this British fella searching for a friend (Gavin) in Saint Denis a second time, and a lot of time has passed between when I first encountered him and this second time. Is there anything to this, or is it just something designed to screw with you?

#424 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

Gavin? Has anyone seen my mate Gavin? Gaaaaaviiiiiin!!

#425 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:26 PM

If any of you find out what that Gavin thing is about let me know. I saw him in two maybe three places, no real explanation.

#426 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

I think he appears in several places, but the only info you get is from a letter you get if you loot him.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#427 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:38 AM

View PostTraveller, on 31 January 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

I think he appears in several places, but the only info you get is from a letter you get if you loot him.

Is he as good as the Flag Guy from Borderlands TPS?
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#428 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

Any you guys ever happen upon the 'feral man'? I came upon him after doing a mission with Dutch and Micah. I believe it was somewhere near the Trapper in the wilderness. Anyway, after the mission we split up, so as not to draw suspicion on ourselves. As I ride out on my own, I hear this odd howling (not exactly like a wolf) and one of those white dots appears on the map to indicate it's an 'encounter' you can engage if you choose to. I'm intrigued, so I head towards the spot on the map, and as I ride closer, I hear the howl clearer this time and obviously it's a person. As I reach the top of the hillock and begin to descend, this naked dirty man takes off running. I give chase. He's a fast sumbitch. I equip my lasso, so as to try and catch him and tie him up. He is too fast. I chase him into a cave and so get off my horse and walk towards the entrance, there he is, growling with two wolf protectors in the back of the cave. The wolfs attack. I use dead eye and shoot them both dead. The 'feral man' then drops into a fetal potion on the cave floor and rocks back in forth moaning and crying. I try to engage him to no avail. So I decide to skin his wolfs for their pelts and meat and hearts and then I dropped their carcasses right next to him. I'm an evil bastard!Posted Image
Posted Image

#429 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:15 PM

#430 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

Have any you 'greenhorns' heard or read anything about DLC coming to Red Dead Redemption 2? Or are they going with the GTA V model and are focusing on pushing incremental community activities and updates to Read Dead Online? I sure hope they release some single player expansion/DLC to RDR2. I mean they have to at least pay respect to the loyal fans and release an 'Undead Nightmare' (or something like it) for this title, right? Undead Nightmare for RDR1 was one of the best DLCs of its time and it would be a shame if they didn't do something along those lines for RDR2.

#431 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

I think it’s full speed ahead with the multiplayer unfortunately.

#432 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:27 PM

Thing is, I think they are still referring to RDO as - Red Dead Online BETA. Posted Image

#433 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 February 2023 - 07:22 PM

Okay, I got RDR II a few weeks back and now that I've finished GHOST OF TSUSHIMA I'm going to dive in...anyone have any handy tips for someone who's never played these games before? Things I should know ect?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#434 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 February 2023 - 03:09 AM

As a person who started out impressed by RDR2 but got increasingly frustrated, I'll give a few negatives that might temper your expectations. Some of these criticisms may have been patched since 2018.

The wanted/bounty/crime system is fucked in this game and will prevent you from being a real outlaw, if you don't want police and bounties on your ass constantly. Even if you ride away from a crime, change clothes, take off your mask people will track you like they've got a telescope. If you run into somebody in a street, it's assault and the police will be searching for you. As such I hated a later location in the game.

The physics system is wonky. Like mentioned above you'll get bounties because Arthur accelerates and turns like a drunk gorilla on a city street. Pelts on your mount or in a wagon will go flying if you ride into something.

There's few quick travel options and the map is enormous. Farming pelts and materials for upgrades up North is tedious bordering on enraging.

The actual story of the game is way too long and heavy handed. There are characters, as the player, that you'll be wanting to put a bullet into but can't because story reasons.

But all that aside? It was a pretty impressive game to play.

#435 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 24 February 2023 - 12:12 PM

View PostAptorian, on 24 February 2023 - 03:09 AM, said:

As a person who started out impressed by RDR2 but got increasingly frustrated, I'll give a few negatives that might temper your expectations. Some of these criticisms may have been patched since 2018.

The wanted/bounty/crime system is fucked in this game and will prevent you from being a real outlaw, if you don't want police and bounties on your ass constantly. Even if you ride away from a crime, change clothes, take off your mask people will track you like they've got a telescope. If you run into somebody in a street, it's assault and the police will be searching for you. As such I hated a later location in the game.

The physics system is wonky. Like mentioned above you'll get bounties because Arthur accelerates and turns like a drunk gorilla on a city street. Pelts on your mount or in a wagon will go flying if you ride into something.

There's few quick travel options and the map is enormous. Farming pelts and materials for upgrades up North is tedious bordering on enraging.

The actual story of the game is way too long and heavy handed. There are characters, as the player, that you'll be wanting to put a bullet into but can't because story reasons.

But all that aside? It was a pretty impressive game to play.

Yeah, I'd echo pretty much what Apt said. Also, some of the forced story arc missions/scenarios are tedious beyond belief and will be hampered by weird glitches and the outlaw bounty trigger, which may cause you to have to restart long missions without any fault of your own. It at times results in horribly repetitive and time-consuming grinding. Having said that, just galloping around, shooting stuff and trapping is a marvel in itself and very immersive. It is a great game that is let down by its mandatory missions and storyline.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#436 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 February 2023 - 06:40 PM

Oh I gave the fuck up at chapter 3.

Fuuuuuuuuuck this game.

It should be called slow fiddly boring cowboy simulator: the game…the gameplay is fucking nonsense. Across the board. NOTHING in the gameplay is fun. It’s all fetch and retrieve missions and you have to stop in front of every piece of loot and press and HOLD to grab it…the horse gameplay is worse. And getting ANYWHERE is slow even if you jog or trot…”you gotta clean your horse for stamina” oh hey, fuck you Rockstar. Eat a dick.

Oh man, even if the story is great, this game is 1000% not for me. Glad I grabbed it on sale.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 February 2023 - 06:44 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#437 User is offline   Miles_Umile 

• Recruit

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:56 PM

I finally completed RDR2.
I agree with what Aptorian wrote.
I haven't played RDR1 so maybe that has to be taken into account, however it's a good game but not a masterpiece, for me. I didn't feel any particular attachment to the main characters. Interested in the story of the gang yes, but it didn't particularly impress me.
I liked the way the final part of Chapter 6 unfolded, whereas the Epilogue, the way it unfolds and I'm referring to a certain situation, seemed a bit odd to me.

In my opinion the honour system was avoidable, since (again, my impression) the game wants you to play as an honourable man. You can rob and steal, but it's not worth it, it's more disadvantages than advantages. Robbing a train for a few pennies and then getting a bounty twice the value stolen. Despite the fact that you had the bandana on your face. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, you can only rob banks in story missions. A bummer.
RDR1 seems more interesting to me as a game and now that they have announced the porting(?) also for PS4 I plan to pick it up later when the price drops.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users