Malazan Empire: The game I bought today is... - Malazan Empire

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I bought today is... Bought any games recently? Share your excitement with us.

#201 User is offline   Rhand 

• Lord of the Morning
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

Had Europa Universalis III illegally for a few years but decided to buy it at last because it's so friggin awesome. Worth every penny.

It's a grand strategy game, and more info can be found here: http://en.wikipedia....Universalis_III

#202 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

The Witcher 2 Hellz yeah!
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#203 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

I just ordered a Wii.

I'm not actually in to all this motion sensor bullshit but I do have a childhood affection for Nintendo. The console has dropped so far in price now (Mainly because of the announcement of a new console on the way I guess) that I thought the price was acceptable.

I mainly bought it to catchup on Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. and seeing as lots of old games are appearing on Wiiware I am going to look into some old classics I never player or finished, like Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Zombies Ate my Nighbours, Earthbound, etc.

This post has been edited by Battle Plaptypus: 17 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

#204 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

bought Majesty 2. it's on steam, for 3.50
god, I hate Steam sometimes.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#205 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

View PostBattle Plaptypus, on 17 May 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

I just ordered a Wii.

I'm not actually in to all this motion sensor bullshit but I do have a childhood affection for Nintendo. The console has dropped so far in price now (Mainly because of the announcement of a new console on the way I guess) that I thought the price was acceptable.

I mainly bought it to catchup on Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. and seeing as lots of old games are appearing on Wiiware I am going to look into some old classics I never player or finished, like Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Zombies Ate my Nighbours, Earthbound, etc.

Ugh. The Wii has no good games. The motion controls/design of the controller ruins anything that *could* be good, and the rest of them are utter shovelware. It's a console aimed at 5 year olds and teenage parties (and hey, I'm not knocking it for that purpose, hours of fun have been had at my friend's place due to the wii...I'd just never buy one or play one regularly). ;)

Hopefully Project Cafe is a more robust system with proper Nintendo games on it. :(

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#206 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

Oh I definitely agree, with the exception of Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime and Mad World, I can't actually think of a simgle third party developers work that I want to play.

But the stuff made by Nintendo does look fucking amazing. Considering that I haven't really played any Nintendo since I owned a SNES, besides the Ocarina of Time on an emulator, there's a lot of stuff that I want to check out, like Mask of Majora, Twillight Princess, Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, The two Galaxy games, The Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Mario RPG, etc. And there there's all the really old stuff, I have an itch to retry Super Mario World for example.

#207 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:22 AM

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game and if you disagree you are a failure, a disgrace and a terrible human being. Also New Super Mario Bros Wii four player is fantastic if you want to lose friends and influence people.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#208 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 18 May 2011 - 03:22 AM, said:

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game

The chicken speaks truth.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#209 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

View PostRhand, on 16 May 2011 - 08:19 PM, said:

Had Europa Universalis III illegally for a few years but decided to buy it at last because it's so friggin awesome. Worth every penny.

It's a grand strategy game, and more info can be found here: http://en.wikipedia....Universalis_III

I've spent way too much time on this game lately. In Nominee expansion. Defeated the world as Milan, formed greater Scandinavia with Norway conquering all of Asia and most of Europe, and am now fighting for my life as (a slightly modified) Ethiopia. By modified I mean that I changed both Ethiopia, Adal and swahili to the indian tech group, placed their areas under the visible to indian tech group list and made Adal and Ethiopia despotic monarchies. Ethiopia in the african tech group is a joke from a historical point of view.

Still, the mamluks are a terror, and I've been releasing provinces and vassals almost as fast as I've been able to acquire them. Thankfully, the massive monetary boost I gained from conquering Swahili enabled me to field enough cavalry to finally defeat the mamluks. Mind you, their army was still 3 times the size of mine, but tropical provinces and scorch earth led to massive attrition and eventual destruction :(. Defeat might be too harsh a word though. I got them to back off and took two provinces. They're still far superior in both tech and numbers, but I have only one front whereas they're constantly fighting the Ottomans and the Persians. It's time to settle down and wait for an opportunity to westernize.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#210 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

I'm waiting for Europa to come with total war realtime battles. That will be tits

#211 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

The Heroes of Might and Magic V pack: base game + both expansion, at -33% special offer on Steam. Mainly out of guilt that I used to pirate the game back in 2008, but I intend to perhaps finish it this time, right before part 6 comes out in, I think, September. Would also be lovely to have a break from Civilization V and Witcher 2, as I'm starting to have nightmares about some other civ building the wonder I was going for 2 turns before I complete it, or discovering Iron Workin / Steam Power / Biology / Electronics / Nuclear Fission only to find that in my vast empire there's not a single fucking piece of Iron / Coal / Oil / Aluminum / Uranium. And losing great generals because I ran them into barbarian warriors. AND BEING LOCKED BETWEEN THREE ENEMIES AND NOT ABLE TO BREAK OUT AND DYING IN 3 SECONDS.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#212 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Today I bought Fable 3. Gonna play the fuck out of that game.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#213 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Hmm, I played the fuck out of the first half of it.

I didn't buy this, but I just downloaded the Sword of Damocles mod for Mount and Blade.

Loads of good improvements - new character background, banner creation screen, and new additional factions. (The Black Company Army is nice and familiar... mercenary group hundreds of years old, who have lost their original purpose over time, and used to number in their thousands).

Now, when you capture a castle, you become King. There is a whole new command structure to managing players and castles too; new buildings, and loads of new weapon sets in addition to all the usual impaling and slicing of heads from horseback.

And it's free.

http://forums.talewo...c,166764.0.html

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#214 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 26 May 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

Today I bought Fable 3. Gonna play the fuck out of that game.

Oh oh... You have read about the horrible sudden jump in the story line towards the end right? From what I've heard it is a rough gem smothered in shit.

#215 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

Shogun 2!!! Hai!
Victory is mine!

#216 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

White Knight Chronicles 2 on PS3, I actually quiet enjoyed the first one. yeah, I'll agree it wasn't up to polish and the mechanics were a bit clunky and slow. but I still had fun and enjoyed the story. Only just started 2, but so far as I can tell. combat has been sped up with a few nice new tweaks added. Its sort of like they treated WKC1 as a BETA. they fully re-mastered wkc1 as well. and it is free on the same disk as 2. The graphics are still a bit outdated for the current benchmark of games. but hey, we all play and love minecraft with no qualms about the graphics.

looking forward to getting deeper into the game, if any one else has bought it and wants to try out the online questing portion of the game, feel free to send a Friend Request my way via PSN my ID is SammehSAMURAI.

-Sammehmander
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#217 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

View PostMTS, on 18 May 2011 - 07:16 AM, said:

View PostIlluyankas, on 18 May 2011 - 03:22 AM, said:

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game

The chicken speaks truth.

Ah, loved that game - great design and story. Plus all those time-related mini quests to get that awesome white armour at the end.

Is that out for the Wii then?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 28 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#218 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

It is out for the Wii (As wiiware that is).

Once I'm through Metroid Prime and Super Mario Galaxy 2 that game is next up on my play list. Then Metroid Prime 2, then Twillight Princess.

This post has been edited by Pennyapt: 28 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

#219 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Just bought E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy on Steam after watching this stupid Quick Look:

http://www.giantbomb...rmancy/17-4682/

While these guys were obviously pretty stupid and way in over their heads doing a quick look on an RPG with deep and complicated stats and character functions with out having actually done any research, they still managed to peak my interest. I watched some of the trailers on Steam again and decided it was worth the money. Even if it turns out to be shitty, my thought is that the money will go towards making a polished sequel.

It's strange, I remember watching the trailers for the game half a year ago and thinking that it was the new Deus Ex game. Here's hoping it'll play something like it.

This post has been edited by Nyapt Cat: 12 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

#220 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

Speaking of which, I bought Deus Ex Human Revolution on Steam just yesterday, and now it's only two weeks til I can play it. Good times.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users