Malazan Empire: KICK-ASS - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

KICK-ASS kicks major ass and then some...

#41 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

Sorted, can't be too much right?? :wacko:
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#42 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

ermmm....not for you maybe :wacko:
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#43 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

Went to watch it last night. Really enjoyed it actually. They got the mix of comedy, action and gruesomeness pretty much spot-on :p The love interest is a hottie, as well.

This post has been edited by Yellow: 28 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

Don't fuck with the Culture.

#44 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

It's already out? I haven't even seen one trailer for it on TV. You guys get everything first. :p
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#45 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

Haven't seen any TV ads for it. It seems pretty low-key, actually. The cinema near us is only showing it four nights a week and it was only about half-full last night. I think it must only be famous on the internet or something.

#46 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

There's loads of adverts for it around Manchester. On buses, billboards, even a giant cardboard cut-out and fake-broken glass in one of the shop windows...

Still haven't been to see it though. I know it's something my girlfriend will hate, but she's got two weeks off, so I can't really go to the cinema without her. Hmmm...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#47 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

Flipping loved it - saw it yesterday. A big "HELL YEAH" to the "love interest is a hottie" thing, especially the tanning scene... :p She is actually the girl who plays the daughter in How I met Your Mother, that future Ted is narrating to...

Anyways the one thing I had was that the whole thing with Hit Girl being so young yet swearing her face off, and killing with apparent pleasure is actually quite disturbing and I thought that the film should have had an 18 Certificate... Aside from that, very funny, well cast and hugely enjoyable. :p
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#48 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

It didn't have an 18 certificate? Jesus.

#49 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

Nope it's a 15 here... Considering how violent a lot of it is, it's quite surprising...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#50 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

It is what it says on the tin.

That was awesome.
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#51 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:43 AM

If it wasn't so epically unlikely, I'd say that they gave it a 15 certificate by accident, there's no way that didn't merit an eighteen.

Utterly brilliant film though, I've not enjoyed myself at the cinema that much since The Dark Knight.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#52 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:33 AM

Normally I find myself picking apart films nowadays, even ones I enjoy. It's rare that a film engages me so much that I don't have time to do that, but Kick-Ass managed it. Hence my initial reaction. The subversive humour of the first half of the film segued very neatly into the darker action/drama of the second half. The performances were all very good, with the exception perhaps of Cage, whose screams at times felt a bit off. It speaks very well of the film that despite there being a healthy wedge of action/funnies in the various trailers floating around, there was still more than enough left in the tank for the film proper. I feel like I could very easily go and see that again and still be riotously entertained.

As soon as you get the chance, GO AND SEE THIS! Unless you're not a fan of the gore, in which case maybe think twice, but GO AND SEE IT ANYWAY!

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#53 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

I saw this yesterday. I'm the same as STD, I usually pick movies apart for fun but you can't with this. It's just too entertaining. Well ok, there was one thing but it barely registers. He shouldn't have got the girl!

You know when you see a comedy film and there is somebody in the audience who clearly doesn't get out much and finds the most basic thing absolutely hilarious? I had one of those people behind me. What do these folk do all day?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#54 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:54 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 April 2010 - 09:32 PM, said:

What do these folk do all day?

Smoke weed probably.

Goin' to see this in a few days when it comes out, really looking forward to it based on the comments here.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#55 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

Fucking brilliant film, loved it. That little girl has a bright future ahead of her, first child actor I think I've ever seen who hasn't made me want to gouge someone's eyes out in disgust.

#56 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

Whoa, this is actually good? And you filthy Euros have seen it before us glorious New Worlders? Appalling!

#57 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

Indescribably good, good Sir.

Well, to be fair, I could describe it, but I can't be arsed. It is good though. I thought it'd be shit, but there you go, one of the best I've seen in a very long time. And that's not just because I was drunk and in the cinema at 1am. It genuinely was very funny, great plot, well worth watching. Put yourself some pants on and get down there now, you little tyke you.

#58 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

Saw it again yesterday and it holds up just as well the second time. Seriously, anyone who doesn't come out of that film grinning from ear to ear has no soul.

Speaking of which, have you lot seen the Daily Mail review? If I hadn't already been aware of Chris Tookey I'd be convinced that's a joke.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#59 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

hahaha they closed the comments section already...guys an idiot...period
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#60 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

I'm not a big fan of comic books or comic book movies so I guess the film won't be as much of a hit for me as for you guys. Even the trailers only got me a "meh" kind of smile, but maybe I'll give it a go... but I'm reluctant to pay for it at a cinema.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users