• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:48 AM

HEAR YE HEAR YE

HEREYEE HEREYEE

The next interviewee will be

Buh Buh Buh BENT!

Get your questions into my PM ASAP KTHKSBAI
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#42 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

oooooo, interesting

#43 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thats it? Interesting? I was expecting something more along the lines of

"Awesome!" I have for so long secretly wanted to know more about Bent and all of his desires and stuff!!!!"

or

"Hell, yes! About time you finally got someone with class and style to answer questions so that I can better learn how to act and change to be more like him!"

you know, that kind of stuff.....

~Bent, doing this because Abyss does and that seems to be enough to make him cool, even though he supossedly stole it from Sombra, and here I am actually making fun of him for it, by imitating him in this long rant lke thing, not because I am jealous, more because he IS a cat based member and I am more the dog based type, so we must forever circle and he may get more people to say he wins, when in fact he knows I won along time ago, because I am not from Canada, and that makes me win by default, and so I will stop doing this, as I think I have proven my point by now......and that rep button at the bottom right (NO NOT THE RED ONE!!!) is simple to click on and show some support, because rep whoring is a gift.....(whew)
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#44 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

well all that as well you grouchy old bastard

#45 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

Oh, cool then.....
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#46 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

Attached File  images.jpg (2.67K)
Number of downloads: 1

#47 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

OK, first time around i was feeling fairly flippant, and on a recent re-read I feel there are a few questions I didn't devote the appropriate amount of seriousness to. Thus I'm going to "do-over", if only for completeness' sake.

5) Which members do you feel a special connection with?

As in "extra-special"? I mean, as fans there exists a connection already, and I can honestly hand-on-heart say there has never been anyone on here I ever hated, or even disliked. I guess being on a medium such as this has a diluting effect. That goes both ways, lucky for you all. :(

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed, but I don't like popularity contests. Even the fairly minor ones we have on here sometimes. I don't like being in them and I don't like being a voter, so I usually avoid them. I don't like singling people out, because invariably someone equally deserving (or THINKING they are equally deserving) will miss out and feelings will be hurt etc etc etc ad infinitum ad nauseam.

But to answer the question honestly, I'd have to say (in no particular order) DW, Morgie, Gothy-poos, Brood, Toby ...

ASIDE: why is it when we have to list something we forget most of it, when at other times we can rattle off items easily?

... Trem, Tiste, Bryn, DiBs, Folken, Illy, Menandore, Mez, Shin and maybe Zanth from the active list. There were a few who are no longer around, but not as many as you'd think. Lucky for me those I felt "closest" (and OK not in a dirty way, geez ...) to have mostly stuck around.

Obviously Centz, Shiara, Loki, Lucy(fers Heaven) etc go without saying.

And by "special connection" it's not "who I think is kewlest/big dog/wisest/etc", it's just ... hmmmm ... it's difficult to explain. I guess it's just a rapport thing.

Of course I hope those not on the list aren't offended. Indeed, some may consider it quite complimentary to not be on this list. :(

9) What members would you particularly like to meet in real life?

Any of the above I haven't met yet. Was quite disappointed I couldn't get to Poland or Tromso. Was also disappointed I didn't get to meet Tiste or the very wise SM. Maybe next time. Of course meeting Rodeo would be an ... experience ... and I confess to a large amount of curiosity regarding the mysterious Cat. The list goes on really. Wouldn't even mind meeting a few of our barbarian Yank associates. :(

10) Do you get annoyed at people continually thinking you're ripping off Abyss with the end of post signatures, when you in fact did it first?

OK, here goes:

Waaaaaaaayyyy back in the day, when Titans bestrode the Forum and Rodeo was just this fucked-up Canuck kid suffering from a wee bit too much hypothermia to the brain, and Gothos was just this angry drunk annoying teenager ( :D ), I was doing all sorts of weird shit with my signoff. I used:

La (something) Sombra
(something) Sombra (something)
Som variation on the name
La Sombra, (blarg)
La Sombra (etc)

and so on. You get the drift. Nothing was set in stone, and some items I only used a few times in comparison to others. I couldn't even tell you which I used most as it's so long ago and I basically did it at random. Sometimes it even had nothing to do with the post itself, whatever took my whimsy really.

Anyhoo, not much later (a year or so, not sure) the Cat announces his presence to immediate effect. I think he said lurked for a bit beforehand but that may just be my impression, I honestly cannot say. He started doing this cool thing with his autosig after a while, but what I really liked was the signoff. He was most definitely the first to make it CONSISTENT and FUNNY. So I started doing it more often like that, and yeah, trying to be funny as well. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all that I suppose. I never claimed to be as good as him, for sure. I don't think I've seen anyone on teh interwebz who is in that particular form of wit. But then again I do lead a rather sheltered internet existence. :p

As far as being "annoyed" - well, I don't do it any more. Make of that what you may.

How's that?

13) Who is your favourite character from the series?

Like I said before, I don't have a single favourite character. I do however like a lot of them far more than I like others. Whiskeyjack, Rake, Fid, Paran, Mallet, the 3 Seguleh, Toc the younger, Torvald Nom ('cos let's face it, he's deadset fucking badass), Trull, Pust, QB, Bugg, Iron bars, Duiker and a whole host of others. There's just something about them I love to read about. Maybe someone could do a in-depth analysis to compare and contrast the various characters with any real screen time, and what the ones we like have in common, same with the ones we dislike.

I'm on the fence about Karsa and Icarium mostly. They're awesome characters, and they're very important, but I. Just. Don't. LIKE. Them.

Characters I can't stand:
Kruppe - very clever and so on, but shut up, for fucks sake!
Tehol - see above. Too MUCH comic relief. Anything serious or worthwhile he does is done off-camera, so I can't SEE what's worthwhile about him. It's all well and good to KNOW he did all this cool shit, but to SEE it is something else.
Cutter - harden the fuck up, and stop thinking with your "giant quivering vagina" to quote Illy.
Any character with overdescribed unnecessarily disgusting habits, inclinations or personal grooming. Enough already.
Most of the overphilosophising practically generic Marines. It's getting so that I can't differentiate one from another - it's as bad as the vast cast of magic chicks in WoT.
Yet another corrupt government functionary - not because they're baddies, but because they're all the freaking SAME.
The Mhybe, of course. Although a re-read DID provide more depth and a certain level of understanding (if it's possible) on my part.
Plus others I'm either too tired to recall or can't be bothered.

I hope this has been a bit more illuminating. If it hasn't, tough. :p

This post has been edited by Sombra: 22 November 2009 - 03:48 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#48 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

View PostMushroom, on 28 September 2009 - 05:21 AM, said:

I remember you, brood and me were having a converstion about soccer (ahem footbal) while a the same time just you and me were having another conversation about the 'talent' walking by.  Some of which I dare say was probably NOT legal. :(

I don't think that worried any of us :(
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#49 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

Sombra, thanks. That was good stuff!

La Sombra will always be a forum "titan" for the likes of me.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#50 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:34 AM

I just realised I DO have a favourite character: Pearl / Salk Elan.

No idea why, I just identify with him more than any others. Maybe his wit and tiny skerrick of romanticism disguised as cynicism. And he loves the hawt laydeez, of course. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#51 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

Talk about thread necro. :p
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#52 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hush you! This is important information. :D

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users