• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Grubb & Sinn Spoilerific Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

Maybe I was being too picky when I was correcting that Grub had never met a High Fist? Obviously the fact that Grub has grown up in an army is going to be a large part of the reason he becomes First Sword.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#62 User is offline   mayhem 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Another thing just occurred to me.

"The emperor inverted the command structure for a reason"

We tend to think it was only Whiskeyjack that got demoted, with Dujek taking over.
Similar things must have happened in other Malazan armies. When you think of (former adjutant*) Stormy & Gesler being coastal marines, I wonder how many others of the noncoms are really much more experienced than they should be. Its likely that Grub was in contact with better calibre people than we realise.

Thinking more, Coltaine was probably the only major name to be running an army besides Dujek when the balloon went up, and he was posted there by the empress from isolation in Quon Tali.

Dujek, Coltaine, Greymane. Everyone else was either forced out or disappeared following the emperor's death. And Greymane vanished at some point to end up with the crimson guard. hmm.

*Side note, what the hell kind of person would have Stormy as an adjutant. I mean, he's not the fastest cart in the race is he?

#63 User is offline   D'ivers Leopard Sith 

• Ascendant
  • Interests:Reading, cars of extreme velocity and music.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

I don't know if this topic is still alive here; but I also sat long and hard thinking about these two. One thing I'd like to get clarified is the need for worship to ascend to a god. I mean our two most shneakiest gods, Cot and ST just walked into the heart of Shadow and became gods. I wonder also if these new warrens Icarium made have thrones or not, if they do what would stop Sinn and Grub claiming them on their way through the Azath and then TADA godhood? If not then couldn't it just be that like ST and Cot walking in the heart of the new warrens made them gods?
The Errant scowled and looked away, his good mood evaporating. 'Mortals,' he said, 'will eat anything.'

#64 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

Leopard King- Seen as we have no idea of the structue of Icarium warrens it may be possible to manipulate them and become gods. The only evidence I can think of is when Trake becomes a god in they compare his warren as a 'paltry thing' because its new/unseasoned in comparison to Feners. Therefore if they did usurp them they might not have as much power as an fragment of elder shadow.

Mayhem- Stormy is told by Nok to 'stop talking like a sailor Adjutant' which suggests that he could easily be putting it on or atleast exagerrating it. If he was ever reinstated hed either by like Keneb and gain the aloofness of command (poor word choice I know) or like Crust in DG when hes slightly mad but a brilliant sea commander.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users