• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2009 Merry Manky Malaz Meetup Come and See us in Manchester Rate Topic: -----

#261 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:09 AM

I'll be on my way to the airport any minute now... See you all on Saturday! :p
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#262 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:02 AM

I will soon be on a train bound of Manchester. The Gathering begins! There can be only one!

Note, do not cut off fellow Malazanites heads. This is frowned upon, regardless of whatever powers you may gain from killing them.

#263 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

Apart from sleep deprivation resulting from navigating 200 miles of M5 and M6 tonight after the team Christmas party in Exeter should be fine tomorrow.... As Kro does not do caffeinated beer don't be too offended if I doze off during some highly stimulating conversation....

I also have the onerous task of acquiring some Christmas tat from the German market as an award for the "call centre most innovative Christmas decorations" award - last year's was deemed to be so saccharine as to exceed all decent taste...so i have a long way to go to beat my achievement then

#264 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

We're just leaving for Manchester - see some of you guys this evening and the rest of the Scarey Mob tomorrow! :p
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#265 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

copious amounts of vodka and wine must be consumed in my absence.

#266 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:27 PM

Me and Tremmy are meeting at Kings X at half 8, which should give us just enough to time to get to Euston, grab tickets, and jump on the train by 9. Realistically, we'll miss it and get the half past instead, so expect us in Mank for half 11. Trem will need to then locate his hotel and check in, so we should be done with that within half hour or so and will therefore DEFINITELY make the 1pm in Kro. :D

#267 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:39 AM

Phase one is complete:
I AM A TWAT

#268 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:17 AM

If i recall, trem is staying at the garden hotel? Which is right next to spoons just across from kro, a good 30 seconds walk so you should be fine toby :D
I'm loitering in stafford services, about an hour of driving left, desperately imbibing caffeine in an effort to be awake most of the day. I sympathise with fid, i'm doing an almost identical journey.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#269 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

First report on the early stages of the event...having managed to walk past everyone at Kro - it must have been the sobriety and failing to recognise a hirsute Cougar. All in all a most civilised afternoon and thanks to Cougar for taking on the organisational responsibility, which was clearly taking its toll at the Athenaeum in the absence of seating. The presence of significant others in the form of Mrs Cougar and Brood + 1 Mr MPD was a pleasing addition and an interesting discussion on the education system of today as well as what good ever came out of Stevenage (cases of wine to my house from the Wine Society). Always a pleasure to see Dag again and she has promised to come and help clear my trees of dead branches on her next visit :D Her contribution of Mozartkugeln was most generous. Rodeo is clearing missing the snow and cold of Calgary and is clearly not enamoured of Scottish museums. I look forward to seeing the photos and the tales from Fab

#270 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

Update so far: Random texts from a few people, including one from Toby asking if I like young people or something...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#271 User is offline   Tremolo 

• High Fist

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:00 AM

That was good fun! Thx to everybody for a really nice time. :D

I am walking around Manchester trying to do some Christmas shopping and enjoying the sunny (yes sunny!!!) weather. If anybody wants to meet for lunch or coffee or something I can be texted on the phone number in my profile.
'We all have nukes, and we all know how to dance'

#272 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

I have a rather substantial hangover.

It was awesome to see everyone especially the new people, Ribald, Ms Brood and Mr PigDog. I've got a load of pictures to post which I will spend the afternoon sorting through.

Fid is correct I did get rather stressed in the middle of day and there was a major disagreement between me and my better half after I completely lost my rag when we went to the Christmas market/stampeed. Mrs C was really impressed by everyone and she expressed an interest in coming again. She also had nice things to say about you all.

Finding out that Stone Monkey was actually a covert Welshman was very interesting.

Trem having to leave because he was too drunk to remember how to translate English was funny.

The guy who tried to start a fight with Mr Pigdog and me, was not funny.
I AM A TWAT

#273 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

I also would like to thank everyone for yet another EPIC Manky Meetup :D

As others have done I should report that when I left at a rather lame 10.15 PM to get the train

Rodeo still had his pants on and was not up a tree.

Toby had avoided the Peeler's after a most productive purse cutting session at the Christmas Market.

Mez had not vommited on any creature/person. ( That I know of )

Cougar had used his beard comb twice to remove unwanted meal leftovers.

Trem still remembered english words.

Brood had been blamed !

Thanks again everyone it was great to see you/meet you all !
What Would Jack Do ?

#274 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

We started in Kro Bar in Piccadilly (l-r) Trem, Rodeo, Hetan, Mal and Toby.
Attached File  1.jpg (74.12K)
Number of downloads: 3

Sometimes being Mrs Brood is just too much...
Attached File  2.jpg (58.9K)
Number of downloads: 2

Grumble and Dag
Attached File  3.jpg (51.46K)

The Aryan Brotherhood have let themselves go (Trem and Rodeo)
Attached File  4.jpg (71.93K)

Broody and yours truly
Attached File  5.jpg (54.48K)

Not often you get a [Stone] Monkey and a Cougar in the same picture
Attached File  6.jpg (58.14K)

Rodeo doesn't know it yet but his wallet, watch and gold fillings have just been 'palmed' by Toblerone.
Attached File  7.jpg (54.88K)

Attached File  8.jpg (83.32K)

Malaclypse and Ribald
Attached File  9.jpg (43.67K)

Looks like a tense moment here, I think Mr Pigdog (grey and black hooped jumper) is saying in his Swansea accent: "Listen you little urchin, either give me my wallet back or I'll break your thievin' cockney fingers."
Attached File  10.jpg (61.38K)
I AM A TWAT

#275 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

Great fun as usual, thanks to everyone who showed up. It was nice to meet the new attendees in Ribald, and the +1's of brood, cougar and mezla, who all looked a bit apprehensive on first meeting, but seemed to find that "Internet People" aren't all strange psychopaths which must be something of a relief.

I'm looking forward to some of Dag's pictures to come out, some of them were quite amusing.

#276 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

Broody and his missus
Attached File  11.jpg (52.38K)

Imperial Historian and Trem
Attached File  12.jpg (55.63K)

I think stealing Broody is a bit much even for Toby
Attached File  13.jpg (63.63K)

Someone appears to have stolen Stone Monkey's washboard
Attached File  14.jpg (47.04K)

Toblerone does his best Jamie Redknapp impression
Attached File  15.jpg (66.82K)

Mezla looks like she's enjoying a grope of Toby's guns with Mal.
Attached File  16.jpg (59.27K)

Attached File  17.jpg (65.08K)

Attached File  18.jpg (67.99K)

A first class in Biology and a PhD evidently don't help figure out a yo-yo
Attached File  19.jpg (66.27K)

Attached File  20.jpg (74.16K)

And the ubiquitous 2am self taken picture.
Attached File  21.jpg (63.06K)
I AM A TWAT

#277 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:47 PM

I'm hiding in the Manchester Youth Hostel, trying to recover from last night. Absolutely fantastic meeting everyone. I had a great time even if my voice is near totally gone from all the yelling and dry ice at the Fab.

Hopefully no one was terribly disappointed in meeting me. If you were, I can promise a full refund once you provide me with your credit card number and pin.

Dag, I'm sorry I smiled so much.

:D

#278 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

I had a great old night. I think we were all better behaved then usual due to all the +1's.A combination of a good samaritan, angelic Mal and sterling work by Mr PigDog and Toby got my lost mobile phone back to me. It was brilliant meeting Trem finally (even if he told me I was a terrible disappointment because I wasn't hammered! Well I was by the end of the night). Toby stayed over, the silverware is all accounted for but I think he stole my will to live, I have spent the day on the sofa and have still got the shakes.

Sul liked everyone! He said he will finally stop taking the piss out of me for having internet friends since you were all so nice. He has also spent the day on the sofa with a bad head, watching snooker and making countless smutty snooker-related jokes. He refused to play with that little table pool game he insisted I bring home with me from Fab last night. He's getting the damn thing wrapped up for Christmas!

Anyway, it was great to see everyone again and to meet new people. You are all too brilliant :D
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#279 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

I am trying to summon up the energy to post something witty and failing dismally - I'm pretty much knackered this evening after a two great nights out in Manchester and a fabby afternoon. It was great to meet everyone again and all the +1's, who despite having been hi-jacked into coming along, were all very tolerant of us all. I think everyone had a good time. I appear to have left my voice somewhere - probably in the Fab with Rodeo's - and if anyone can find it and return it I would be very grateful.

I would particularly like to thank Mezla for not letting us get lost in the Christmas market, and for leading us to the most awesome display of hot sausages - I wish I had been sober enough to get a photo at that point. Thanks too, to Ribald for coming along. It was a pleasure to meet you again :D

I had a great time dancing with Mezla and Mrs C - we didn't quite get the handbags on the floor thing going - but it was touch and go there for a while.
Dag brought chocolates for all - thank you very much.
Toby slipped through the crowds at the market like an old pro - it was disturbing :D
Fid walking right past us at the Kro was amusing - at least we must not have looked like a bunch of internet geeks on a day out :D
Thanks to Grumble for introducing me to that yummy stuff in the bottle - it was a life saver at the point!
I'll post pics when I've resized them.
Thanks again to everyone for making it a great evening.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#280 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

View PostHetan, on 13 December 2009 - 06:09 PM, said:

I am trying to summon up the energy to post something witty and failing dismally - I'm pretty much knackered this evening after a two great nights out in Manchester and a fabby afternoon.

I know how you feel! I should be ironing next weeks work clothes and doing the washing up but it's not going to happen. Cups of tea, tv and Dag's chocolates are looking more realistic.

Oh yes, and it was great to wake up from a meet up without that sinking feeling of humiliation. Although I'm sure I said plenty of rubbish. Treasure it people :D
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users