• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abyss just finished and... and... and... Rate Topic: -----

#321 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

2. i believe that the forkrul assail were spilling all that blood in order to open a gate to Akhrast Korvalain (best name for a warren so far). whether or not this is at the behest of kilmandaros and knuckles is uncertain, though it seems likely. then, apparently the heart of the CG is in kolanse, and is possibly influencinge the FA, or perhaps the FA are preparing the gate in order to suck the CG's power. either way it is like you say, many factions and powers vying for some ultimate goal, with motivations and alliances obscured and incomprehensible
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#322 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:43 PM

[quote name='Paran' date='08 December 2009 - 04:07 AM' timestamp='1260263246' post='708828']
ORSM thread! Few things to add:
1. Henar Vygath - was he the assassin that was protecting the Edur leader from the assassination attempts in RG when the Letherii/Edur were at war with Redmask? [/quote]

[quote name='Hellian's Keg Lid' date='08 December 2009 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1260271326' post='708845']
1- That guy died when that whole contingent got wiped out by the Barghast, his name I think (and will look up) is something with a G.
... [/quote]

What the Keg said.

[quote] 2. Forkrul Assail - as far I understand, they were harnessing power in the area but doing whatever they did to the children of the snake's parents, etc, under the instructions of Kilimandaros and Knuckles. This was their game and gambit to return to power, and they were using Errastas to facilitate this. ... [/quote]

[quote name='Sinisdar Toste' date='08 December 2009 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1260291992' post='708955']
2. i believe that the forkrul assail were spilling all that blood in order to open a gate to Akhrast Korvalain (best name for a warren so far). whether or not this is at the behest of kilmandaros and knuckles is uncertain, though it seems likely....[/quote]

I have a different view. Knuckles and Kila were effectively out of the game. Errant drew them back in, but the goings on in Kolanse were already happening. I think that the CG subverted the FA in Kolanse, tricking them into wiping out the huan population amongst other things. And i'll go one further... i think he did it all to deliberately draw in as many elder Gods as he could, because he has a diabolical master plan to capture them and use them to fuel whatever it is he's up to!

[quote] 3. Icarium - pretty sure that at some point he talked to Krul to learn about the warrens, and then of course, went about trying to recreate these is Lether when he arrived previously as they didn't have any due to Gothos' ritual. He probably enlisted Mael's assistance in this then. Whether he attempted to use it then is not clear, but it would be a reason for him being the way he is. [/quote]

Iccy's comment in RG suggests that he knew what Krul did - it's not like it's a secret amongst powers, since QB and Cotilion and the eleient knew and certainly in his history Iccy crossed paths with all kinds of ascendents and gods and so on. But I don't think that anything else suggests that Iccy and Krul actually ever spoke. It's certainly possilble, since Krul's manipulations are pretty far reaching.

What do you think is the Mael connection? As far as i know, Iccy and Mael had no contact at all, tho Mael/Bugg was aware of Iccy's presence on Leth in RG.

[quote] 4. Heboric - super dope pure otataral hands? ('Cos he ain't goin' out like dat!) [/quote]

'spossible. The link between the Jade and Ottataral is still unclear. But Heb still has no body (*cue David Lee Roth song*)... the concept of a powerful soul heavily infused with Otataral is... perplexing but neat.

[quote] 5. Gods of War - it was hinted in the book that they were formenting the wars for their own benefit/power/existance? /quote]

It was? where?

[quote] 6. Will be honest and say that I'm not sure war bacon would be as tempting as first though... will it be succulent and streaky? I think not - that Fener bloke sounded like he was in shape, low body fat, and honestly, a bit of a hard arse. Not the recipe for great crispy bacon I say. Especially now that he's in hiding and probably malnurished! [/quote]

You make a good point.

- Abyss, contemplates warchops...? ...warsausage? warchuck?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#323 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

View PostAbyss, on 08 December 2009 - 06:43 PM, said:

3. Icarium - pretty sure that at some point he talked to Krul to learn about the warrens, and then of course, went about trying to recreate these is Lether when he arrived previously as they didn't have any due to Gothos' ritual. He probably enlisted Mael's assistance in this then. Whether he attempted to use it then is not clear, but it would be a reason for him being the way he is.

Iccy's comment in RG suggests that he knew what Krul did - it's not like it's a secret amongst powers, since QB and Cotilion and the eleient knew and certainly in his history Iccy crossed paths with all kinds of ascendents and gods and so on. But I don't think that anything else suggests that Iccy and Krul actually ever spoke. It's certainly possilble, since Krul's manipulations are pretty far reaching.

What do you think is the Mael connection? As far as i know, Iccy and Mael had no contact at all, tho Mael/Bugg was aware of Iccy's presence on Leth in RG.

Just on that point we have this section of Mael musing on Icarium. Its not 100% that he met both Elder Gods but it sounds pretty close to it:

p253 Reaper's Gale paperback

"Do you now feel as if you have come home, Icarium? I remember you, striding from the sea, a refugee from a realm you had laid to waste. Yet your father did not await you - he had gone, he had walked down the throat of an Azath. Icarium, he was Jaghut, and among the Jaghut no father reaches out to take his child's hand."

P256

"And here, long before this city was born, there stood a temple, into which Icarium walked - as lost as any son, the child severed from the thread. But the Elder God within could give him nothing. Nothing beyond what he himself was preparing to do.

Could you have imagined K'rul, how Icarium would take what you did? Take it into himself as would any child seeking a guiding hand? Where are you K'rul? Do you sense his return? Do you know what he seeks? "

This post has been edited by blackzoid: 08 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

#324 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

Thanks Blackzoid your quote fu is strong and post-rep'd accordingly.

- Abyss, not afraid to admit he was wrong... or to mercilessly execute anyone who ever mentions it again!

#325 User is offline   Paran 

• High Fist

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:44 AM

Replies in italics.

[quote name='Abyss' date='08 December 2009 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1260297832' post='708996']
[quote name='Paran' date='08 December 2009 - 04:07 AM' timestamp='1260263246' post='708828']
ORSM thread! Few things to add:
[quote] 2. Forkrul Assail - as far I understand, they were harnessing power in the area but doing whatever they did to the children of the snake's parents, etc, under the instructions of Kilimandaros and Knuckles. This was their game and gambit to return to power, and they were using Errastas to facilitate this. ... [/quote]

[quote name='Sinisdar Toste' date='08 December 2009 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1260291992' post='708955']
2. i believe that the forkrul assail were spilling all that blood in order to open a gate to Akhrast Korvalain (best name for a warren so far). whether or not this is at the behest of kilmandaros and knuckles is uncertain, though it seems likely....[/quote]

I have a different view. Knuckles and Kila were effectively out of the game. Errant drew them back in, but the goings on in Kolanse were already happening. I think that the CG subverted the FA in Kolanse, tricking them into wiping out the huan population amongst other things. And i'll go one further... i think he did it all to deliberately draw in as many elder Gods as he could, because he has a diabolical master plan to capture them and use them to fuel whatever it is he's up to!

The quote-fu will have to come lates (hard to smuggle and refer to 1000 pg fantasy tomes at work!), but I got the distinct impression that when Mael came in and pissed on every other elder god's party when they were together and he mentioned the FA's efforts in Kolanse, Knuckles and Kili were chagrined, implying that they knew full well about the events and that they very much had a hand in the FA being active after so long. Their gambit was to get a hold of the power being collected to effectively re-enter the game.

[quote] 3. Icarium - pretty sure that at some point he talked to Krul to learn about the warrens, and then of course, went about trying to recreate these is Lether when he arrived previously as they didn't have any due to Gothos' ritual. He probably enlisted Mael's assistance in this then. Whether he attempted to use it then is not clear, but it would be a reason for him being the way he is. [/quote]

What blackazoid said.

[quote] 4. Heboric - super dope pure otataral hands? ('Cos he ain't goin' out like dat!) [/quote]

'spossible. The link between the Jade and Ottataral is still unclear. But Heb still has no body (*cue David Lee Roth song*)... the concept of a powerful soul heavily infused with Otataral is... perplexing but neat.

Was refering to the colour of his hands in the visions.

[quote] 5. Gods of War - it was hinted in the book that they were formenting the wars for their own benefit/power/existance? /quote]

It was? where?

In the booksies... await summoning-of-quote jutsu....

[quote] 6. Will be honest and say that I'm not sure war bacon would be as tempting as first though... will it be succulent and streaky? I think not - that Fener bloke sounded like he was in shape, low body fat, and honestly, a bit of a hard arse. Not the recipe for great crispy bacon I say. Especially now that he's in hiding and probably malnurished! [/quote]

You make a good point.

- Abyss, contemplates warchops...? ...warsausage? warchuck?

as with most meaty game, go with the warbiltong, lots of pepper and chilli, accompanied by horn of dark ale
[/quote]
"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour" - Dancer

#326 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:25 AM

View Postblackzoid, on 08 December 2009 - 08:39 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 08 December 2009 - 06:43 PM, said:

3. Icarium - pretty sure that at some point he talked to Krul to learn about the warrens, and then of course, went about trying to recreate these is Lether when he arrived previously as they didn't have any due to Gothos' ritual. He probably enlisted Mael's assistance in this then. Whether he attempted to use it then is not clear, but it would be a reason for him being the way he is.

Just on that point we have this section of Mael musing on Icarium. Its not 100% that he met both Elder Gods but it sounds pretty close to it:

p253 Reaper's Gale paperback

"Do you now feel as if you have come home, Icarium? I remember you, striding from the sea, a refugee from a realm you had laid to waste. Yet your father did not await you - he had gone, he had walked down the throat of an Azath. Icarium, he was Jaghut, and among the Jaghut no father reaches out to take his child's hand."

P256

"And here, long before this city was born, there stood a temple, into which Icarium walked - as lost as any son, the child severed from the thread. But the Elder God within could give him nothing. Nothing beyond what he himself was preparing to do.

Could you have imagined K'rul, how Icarium would take what you did? Take it into himself as would any child seeking a guiding hand? Where are you K'rul? Do you sense his return? Do you know what he seeks? "

i was thinking of these quotes when while reading abyss' post. they're great, reading them again it strongly suggests that iccy walked in on k'rul as he was in the process of creating the warrens and that k'rul taught icarium or simply passed on to icarium the ability to recreate the ritual(s?)- because it wasn't just a one off thing with this making of warrens i don't think.

can you imagine how hard it would be to coordinate all those goddamn dragons? they're not soletaken!

- Oscar Levant

#327 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 09 December 2009 - 06:25 AM, said:

...i was thinking of these quotes when while reading abyss' post. they're great, reading them again it strongly suggests that iccy walked in on k'rul as he was in the process of creating the warrens and that k'rul taught icarium or simply passed on to icarium the ability to recreate the ritual(s?)- because it wasn't just a one off thing with this making of warrens i don't think.

It's an interesting line of thought... Iccy encountering Krul as the warren ritual is happening. It also raises the interesting question of whether Krul performed his ritual in the same place that Iccy built his machine that malfunctioned in RG. There could be even more of a link there than at first glance.

can you imagine how hard it would be to coordinate all those goddamn dragons? they're not soletaken!

We've seen that purebloods are intelligent and power hungry, and the ones who helped him ended up with warren aspects. the three dragons in TB sugest to Cotillion that they weren't exactly happy with how the deal played out, but even so, you can see how Krul got them on board.

- Abyss, could make a herding cats joke here but won't.

#328 User is offline   Lucky Revenant 

• Corporal

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:32 AM

So, this is going back a few pages, to speculation concerning QB's dolls and Ruthan Gudd, but maybe QB couldn't recognise the doll because Ruthan is just that good at keeping his head down?

Also, as far as I can tell, Ruthan first shows up in TBH, and whoever the first view point character was at the time, I can't remember though I just read the scene like three days ago, thought something was odd about him...I think it was Lostara, and she noticed that he knew just too much about stuff. Anyway, he mentioned being from Shal-Morzinn in that scene. So, he actually could be one of the Three, though it's still kind of unlikely. I like to think he's an Elder God, personally. I mean, in that scene I mentioned earlier in this paragraph, he showed that he knew a lot about the way the world used to be.

Also, the idea of the K'Chain Che'Malle having their own House appeals to me.

I also like the idea that Quick Ben's acorns are similar to Finnests, and that each has one of his souls, and that he stays alive following his kablooey because of these. Then again, even if that isn't true, Ben's still a Bridgeburner, and will still ascend after death. But, then again, I've thought he has probably been ascended for some time. Twelve souls, and oh gods the power that man has!

Anyway, sorry for posting in a thread that hasn't seen activity for a couple of months, but I came across it and noticed something that hadn't been said yet.

#329 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

It's Pores' POV in that scene, and Ruthan says he is from Strike, not Shal-Morzinn. Strike is one of the Falari islands and Ruthan claims they are the original Falari people, rather than people like Fiddler.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#330 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

View PostLister of Smeg, on 22 February 2010 - 12:42 PM, said:

It's Pores' POV in that scene, and Ruthan says he is from Strike, not Shal-Morzinn. Strike is one of the Falari islands and Ruthan claims they are the original Falari people, rather than people like Fiddler.

...and on the re-read, really suggests Gudd is other than he appears. It's also the first time iirc we see Pores as anything but Kindly's lackey.

There are actually a lot of bits and pieces in RG that pay off in DoD and are fairly subtle. Pavalak and Badan spend like three pages lamenting Sinter and Kisswhere's apparent deaths, but it means absolutely nothing to the reader - because we haven't really seen them before - until the beginning of DoD when their squad goes to pull them out of the Letherii gulag.

- Abyss, rereadista.

#331 User is offline   Lucky Revenant 

• Corporal

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

I stand corrected then, Lister. Guess that's what happens when I don't check the book to make sure that I know what I'm talking about, eh? But, like Abyss said, rereading the scene after reading DoD does suggest something's up, though I guess we already knew that, and it's really no more illuminating.

#332 User is offline   Onearms"s Host 

• Recruit

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

Hey all, I was reading through this thread about 3 days ago and I remember there was alot of discussion about whether the Bonehunters were wiped out or not, and if not, what members were going to make it through the battle and into the next book. The fact that I was/am re-reading DoD at the same time helped me identify some foreshadowing(maybe) on the part of SE. And for me it's not what Bonehunters made it through that battle at the end of DOD, it's what their role is and how they will be used in DoD. It's been pointed out by other posters that a "sizable" group was moving away from the field of battle so we know a portion of the Khyundryl(?)/Letherii/Malazan army made it out the other side. The passage that caught my attention was:

"Don't burn at all, that's the beauty of Blue, my friend." Hedge laughed. "Not a flicker of flame, not a whisper of smoke. We're working on others, too. Eaters, Sliders, Smarters. And I got two assault weapons- a local arbalast and an onager- we're fitting clay heads on the quarrels. And I got me a new lobber, too." He was almost jumping with excitement as he lead Bottle through the camp. "My first squad's going to be all sappers along with whatever other talents they got. I was thinking- imagine a whole Bridgeburner army, say, five thousand, all trained as marines, of course. With heavies, mages, sneaks and healers, but every one of them is also trained as a sapper, an engineer, right?"

"Sounds terrifying."

"Aye, doesn't it?
There?" He pointed. "That tent. Quicks in there. Or he said he would be, once he got back from the command tent. Anyway, I got to collect my squad."

Hedge walked off.

Bottle tried to imagine five thousand Hedges, the real Hedge in charge. Hood's breath, I'd want a continent between me and them. Maybe two. He repressed a shiver, and then headed to the tent. "Quick? You in there?

I'm hoping that this is foreshadowing by SE and that the remnants of the Nah'ruk massacre (Malaz/Letherii/Perish) will be remolded into an army of sappers. IMO, it's not debateble that the Bonehunters as an army have fought their last traditional battle. They do not have the numbers to go into Kolanse and take on whatever is there head-to head. Not possible in my opinion. Of course Paran's Host is still around, but there has been no word on what is left of that army (isn't it on Assail? If so.....) if anything, we know less about them than we do about the surviving Bonehunters. I could see 5000 +/- troops of the combined forces making it through the battle.

Also this gives Hedge a "real" reason to have been brought back from the dead. Hedge coming back to annoy Fiddler and go on long walks just never rang true for me. What I mean is, it is an acceptable story but I have felt that it was not enough. Now if you bring Hedge back as a calmer, saner (more together than the early books, he has stated that he isn't the same since he came back) individual to lead an army of sappers in the be-all end-all battles............

Any competent Fist has been killed and Fiddler is not the one to lead the army in CG. Maybe a WhiskeyJack to Hedge's Dujek? Would make sense if the BridgeBurners are being re-introduced (sort-of). I believe that Tavore's time as the leader of the Bonehunters is over, she has something that she has to do and whatever it is it will be separate (still part of the battle) from what the fates/gods etc have decided for the Bonehunters. So they will need a leader, Keneb(?) is dead, Blistig is useless, Ruthan Gudd is presumably dead (not sure if he would take that role anyway). Really who is left? Who has the experience required to lead thes soldiers who just took an incredible mauling at the hands of the Nah'ruk.

It's all conjecture at the end of the day I guess. I'm new here so don't flame too hard:)

#333 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

View PostOnearms"s Host, on 24 February 2010 - 07:06 PM, said:

...Any competent Fist has been killed and Fiddler is not the one to lead the army in CG. Maybe a WhiskeyJack to Hedge's Dujek? Would make sense if the BridgeBurners are being re-introduced (sort-of). I believe that Tavore's time as the leader of the Bonehunters is over, she has something that she has to do and whatever it is it will be separate (still part of the battle) from what the fates/gods etc have decided for the Bonehunters. So they will need a leader, Keneb(?) is dead, Blistig is useless, Ruthan Gudd is presumably dead (not sure if he would take that role anyway). Really who is left? Who has the experience required to lead thes soldiers who just took an incredible mauling at the hands of the Nah'ruk.

Kindly and Hellian.

Just wait...

- Abyss, can't wait.

#334 User is offline   Onearms"s Host 

• Recruit

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

View PostAbyss, on 24 February 2010 - 07:14 PM, said:

View PostOnearms"s Host, on 24 February 2010 - 07:06 PM, said:

...Any competent Fist has been killed and Fiddler is not the one to lead the army in CG. Maybe a WhiskeyJack to Hedge's Dujek? Would make sense if the BridgeBurners are being re-introduced (sort-of). I believe that Tavore's time as the leader of the Bonehunters is over, she has something that she has to do and whatever it is it will be separate (still part of the battle) from what the fates/gods etc have decided for the Bonehunters. So they will need a leader, Keneb(?) is dead, Blistig is useless, Ruthan Gudd is presumably dead (not sure if he would take that role anyway). Really who is left? Who has the experience required to lead thes soldiers who just took an incredible mauling at the hands of the Nah'ruk.

Kindly and Hellian.

Just wait...

- Abyss, can't wait.

As much as I like Hellian as a character in MBoftF, I hope to god SE doesn't make her the one in charge. I can only laugh at her drunken ramblings so much before it gets annoying, just like real life drunk people. An army of sappers, IMO, needs a sapper to be the leader.

Also, regarding Ruthan Gudd, is it possible/impossible for him to be one of Kellanved's old guard? Greymane seemed to know him well and it would make sense that Gudd wouldn't want to be found out if he indeed was one of the "old guard" in disguise. Your opinion would be appreciated Abyss. If he is "old guard" who might he be? I don't have a theory, I just thought about that and maybe I'm onto something or maybe not. Or maybe it's already been discussed and debunked and I'm just bringing up old news, if so, sorry. I live in Cana"duh" and couldn't get the book till Jan 21,2010.

EDIT: a C- minus on spelling.

This post has been edited by Onearms"s Host: 24 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

#335 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

The Kindly and Hellian comment goes back to various characters' comments in HoC, TB and RG that the army would never stand for Kindly as a Fist, and that Hellian (per Fid just after she successfully led her squads all the way thru Lether) is some sort of warrior goddess leader :D .

Echoining elsethread speculation, Blistig is the only surviving Fist. I figure Tavore will be captured by the Unbound and Blistig wil lead the army away. Lostara and Fid, Gesler and/or Hedge's 's squads go awol to rescue Tavore. They get in deep and ugly and at some key point the army returns, Kindly and/or Hellian having seized control and pounded Blistig into a bitter red puddle. But that's all just guesswork, point being SE has set it up so that Kindly is one of the least likely to ever lead, and in spite of herself, Hellian is a damn good leader.

As for Ruthan Gudd, check out the threads about him. Speculation runs that he's an Elder God in hiding. I haven't seen any suggestion of him being Old Guard and his 'Draconus' comment would suggest against it.

As for Canada, tap your colonial roots! amazon.uk is your friend and you could have had it months before!!!

- Abyss, long loves the queen!

#336 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:20 AM

just a quick ramble of thoughts on the FA/TL connection in Kolanse. one of the group titles that Badalle mentions, besides Inquisitors, are the Fathers. which i don't think are explained (or self-explanatory as with the Inquisitors/Quitters and the Ribbers). i wish i could remember more about them, but the name itself could be a bastardization of Father Light, like a twisted cult dedicated to him, but of course left to its own devices all this time in his absence. they seem to eat the children, though. but then again, the Quitters seem paired more with a group called Starvers, while Fathers come after the Snake is moving i guess.

anyway, another thought had to do with the apparent coupling of Osserc and Kilmandaros, which may have spawned a twisted race of TL/FA hybrids in Kolanse distinct from the stronger FA we see elsewhere. i see now that user Midnight posted a similar thought here: http://forum.malazan...ndpost&p=731762
and within the dream mentioned by Midnight, Osserc is taking the TL form and it disgusts Kilmandaros, as it's the shape he took to seduce her.

the one thing i'm most troubled by is how recently the Snake was formed. it seems that trade with Kolanse was pretty active up until some time in the past decade, when communication with the rest of the continent was fairly suddenly cut off. so it's totally up in the air how long FA have been in Kolanse, who they've intermingled with (if anyone) in all that time, and why they've so recently become an infliction on the region (to the degree that forming the Snake was necessary at least). and while Ribbers are obviously a name created (by Badalle) after the formation of the Snake, Inquisitors seems older (since she converts that to Quitters during the narrative), and there's no telling who coined Fathers and Starvers.

this could all be nonsense of course, but if Osserc isn't a true TL (which seems to be the case), and took the form of one while procreating with Kilmandaros, then their spawn could turn out to be some broken corrupt FA tangent. and if they are a broken race of FA, the CG would prefer to use them. also, the fact that Kilmandaros has mated with a dragon despite herself is pretty interesting info on its own.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#337 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:24 AM

just to pull one thread from your post there, when badalle speaks in icariums head in the final showdown of DoD, she says something like, "i see Fathers and lizards..." referring i believe to the crystal scenes underneath icarias. now what are captured in those scenes? jaghut and k'chain che'malle. lizards is clear enough. but Fathers, Jaghut? really?
would be very strange i think with Fathers being jaghut involved in a war involving FA. maybe what the undead dragon was telling kallor about in TtH? granted in that convo the dragon says they are supposed to be enemies in this war, but i mean hey, who knows how much you can miss in a barrow in hoods realm? times change. the jaghut could have somehow been subverted from their peoples heritage to work with the FA. i'll bet the CG's heart could have helped.

the only real problem i have with this is that the Fathers were stealing children and eating them which is not something i would see a jaghut doing, unless they were a tyrant or maybe just a jhag or some other mixed blood with tusks.

- Oscar Levant

#338 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

The Fathers are just that - fathers.

from Inquisitor Sever said:

Outlasting the wild dogs, the cannibal raiders among the last of the surviving adults, and the wretched parasites swarming the ground and the skies above - no, not one Inquisitor could have anticipated this terrible will to survive.

There are references to Fathers as priests in flowing robes as well...although who they worship and why they allied themselves with the FA is anyone's guess.

Thus:

Fathers - humans
Quitters - FA
Inquisitors - FA
Starvers - possibly human

This post has been edited by MTS: 25 February 2010 - 09:00 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#339 User is offline   Captain Beardface 

• Mason of Serc
  • Interests:Rugby, Darts, Quality Beer, Heavy Metal... Hard Rock in general

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

This may be going back a bit in this topic but there was a lot of discussion about T'amber being connected to the Eres'al; my question is where in Hood's name was this mentioned, what book? I just finished a reread and I missed it somehow.... some help please
Monsignor:...Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Connor: [as the brothers exit the church] I do believe the monsignor's finally got the point.
Murphy: Aye.

Boondock Saints

#340 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

View PostMuttonChops, on 26 February 2010 - 05:46 PM, said:

This may be going back a bit in this topic but there was a lot of discussion about T'amber being connected to the Eres'al; my question is where in Hood's name was this mentioned, what book? I just finished a reread and I missed it somehow.... some help please

It was at the end of the Bonehunters, in Malaz City. T'amber takes loads of damage but keeps on going and then, when she dies, Grub and Lostara see the Eres standing over the body. She had possessed T'amber, though we don't know exactly how long for.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users