• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrade Issues or Questions Let's get them all in one place

#41 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:11 PM

View PostSilencer, on 06 September 2009 - 08:02 PM, said:

Just the number, alt. Not the 'replies' part. E.g. if it says 15 replies, click the 15 and it pops up. :)

I don't think this works for me...perhaps I'm being stupid.

Also, where's the 'assistant' thing that told you who the moderators and top posters and stuff were? I can't seem to find it.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#42 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

Mappo: there is a bar on the front page between the last forum and the bit that tells you who is online which has those details on

Tapper: Unfortunately, no we don't have a way to look at rep given, well the mods do but you don't. It is being worked on. It is a seperate module though, not just an option that needs to be enabled, so we need to make sure it works etc.
I AM A TWAT

#43 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

View PostTapper, on 08 September 2009 - 09:42 PM, said:

Is there any way to see what posts I was repped for?

I can currently find only half the points I received by going back through my posts.

I can see the wisdom of not enabling this option (if there is one) to stop people repping for repping, but I personally like seeing which of my posts were appreciated enough to be repped for Posted Image

View PostCougar, on 09 September 2009 - 03:00 PM, said:

Tapper: Unfortunately, no we don't have a way to look at rep given, well the mods do but you don't. It is being worked on. It is a seperate module though, not just an option that needs to be enabled, so we need to make sure it works etc.

I can also see the advantage of not being able to know who repped you, but if you/the mods don't want to enable that I still think that being able to easily see which posts have received what rep should be added at some point if it can. Kinda defeats the whole point otherwise as you might be getting neg-repped but can't figure out what you did wrong that is getting it, etc.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#44 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

Stealth neg-repping was always a bit of a curse on the Vbulletin board, so I don't think we are too keen on the current situation, however needs must and there are many bits and pieces to sort out, one of which is rep.
I AM A TWAT

#45 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

View PostD, on 09 September 2009 - 03:19 PM, said:

I can currently find only half the points I received by going back through my posts.

I can see the wisdom of not enabling this option (if there is one) to stop people repping for repping, but I personally like seeing which of my posts were appreciated enough to be repped for Posted Image

I can also see the advantage of not being able to know who repped you, but if you/the mods don't want to enable that I still think that being able to easily see which posts have received what rep should be added at some point if it can. Kinda defeats the whole point otherwise as you might be getting neg-repped but can't figure out what you did wrong that is getting it, etc.

Cougar has already said that there is nothing to enable - it is not possible for members to see who was repped by whom, the function just does not exist.
Now, someone has posted that there may be an add-on and we are looking into it but currently the add-on does not work correctly, therefore we are waiting to see if a fix becomes available :)
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#46 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

View PostHetan, on 09 September 2009 - 08:22 PM, said:

View PostD, on 09 September 2009 - 03:19 PM, said:

Cougar has already said that there is nothing to enable - it is not possible for members to see who was repped by whom, the function just does not exist.
Now, someone has posted that there may be an add-on and we are looking into it but currently the add-on does not work correctly, therefore we are waiting to see if a fix becomes available Posted Image

I just wanted to get my 2 cents in before anyone goes and spends money on modules or some other sort of irreversible decision Posted Image

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#47 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

It would be nice just to be able to see a list of the posts reps are attached to, if not who they're from. But meh, it is what it is. I have gotten used to not having it at all.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#48 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:11 AM

I know im on a level one warning and all.....but did you have to take away my right to pm with the upgrade now?
seriously cramping my style here people...
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#49 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:11 AM

I've removed the level one warning already, dkt. It wasn't that. Add me on Skype: silencer_006

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#50 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

Problem resolved, dkt had the "disable PM system" option checked in his general settings. Anyone else with this issue, check that first. :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#51 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

thns for solving silencer ....your a star....:)
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#52 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:11 AM

oh and before i get torn a new one about the whole blaming the warning thing....

it wasnt me who said that was the problem

View PostSilencer, on 10 September 2009 - 07:54 AM, said:

Oooooh. You're on a level one warn, dkt. XD

That'd be why you can't use the PM system.

:)
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#53 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:14 AM

Mappo: there is a bar on the front page between the last forum and the bit that tells you who is online which has those details on

Thanks for answering :)
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#54 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:42 PM

Umm...what happened to the Venom skin? I was just using it, and when I switched pages, it went back to default. Now it's no longer an option.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#55 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

Yes, while the Arcobaleno skin is nice if you like that sort of thing, I'd much rather still have Venom available as well.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#56 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

I'm guessing they're messing with it to see if they can fix the giant header issue?

#57 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

What was wrong with the Venom skin header?

#58 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:50 PM

People think it's too massive, they don't like to have to scroll down before getting to the real content. Turns out they were fixing the quote issue with Venom, not the header.

#59 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

What is up with the dividers on the topic menu inside each forum? They seem to show up in some rather arbitrary places...

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#60 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:45 PM

What topic menu?

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users