• You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers - Mafia 51: the Dong Zhuo game *not* a Dong Zhuo-Lu Bu fanfic

#21 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

Sixty/Eloth:

Duel Okaros

If he's Lu Bu I'm fucked...oh well. Risk-taking is fun.

Will do. Results on-thread in a moment.

---
Result is a retreat and they will suddenly realize being duel-trigger-happy is not a great idea.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#22 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

I'd be duel happy 'cause it's fun. Let's all kill each other! YAAAAAAAY!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Aug 19 2009, 02:24 PM, said:

I'd be duel happy 'cause it's fun. Let's all kill each other! YAAAAAAAY!

I bet you would!

It should get quite interesting, I think. For now there's just a bit of reveals going on and no one knows anyone too much. Alt can try to kill one of the revealed, but Obdi will of course try to heal one of the two. Later on once the suppliers have sent out guards and heals around and there are more targets and less uncertainty it will get extremely tense, I think. Even with the heals and guard running amok, though, there is just about no way to stop Lu Bu in the day. His only problems in the day time are if he hits Liu Bei or hits whomever Gongsun Zan has augmented...

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 19 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

Alt/Amp:

"Was in his tent baking and missed it"

I shall duel silanah and shall duel as often as possible from now on. Since only one person can kill me it's pretty safe and I either find scum or kill innos

I feel kinda bad doing it day one, but hey. I was going to choose Olar, Okaros or Korbas, since they're the top posters, but at least two of them have dueled today I would think. So sil seems reasonably safe and I dont like that avatar.

Okay, results will be posted on thread in a moment.

Sorry Venge!!!

Nothing personal.

PS - this role is awesome Let's hope I dont rout anyone.

Of course it's awesome, it's Lu Bu!!!

I know absolutely nothing about the setting But being the greatest warrior in the land (on the greatest horse in the land) seems to have its benefits.

Just read chapter 5 from wikipedia (it's an awful translation but you get the general gist of it). Lu Bu comes to Hu Lao Pass and a handful of officers from the allied side all come out and get their asses handed to them.

So long as that's how this game goes I'll be happy Change my prov to Eloth please. He's the less obvious CI so hopefully I'll avoid catching a healer and/or targeting the same person as another scum.

Noted!

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

Amp/alt:

Thanks. So how is life in modland?

Entertaining :respect: this is a fun game to watch. Very, very glad I've got Silencer to co-mod, as the idea of logging on in the morning and having to go through 8 successive duels is a bit daunting.

How're things in Ampland?

Well now you have Vengey too (It's a pleasure :The Force: )

Pretty quiet. I'm minus a car right now which sucks, but I'm hopefully buying my first house in the next month or two, which is awesome. Work has been super boring this week, so hopefully I'll have time to play. It's been almost a month since anything 'sploded at work, makes things much more sedate.

Cool stuff. I have a week and a half left at this job and my boss is on vacation until after I'm gone so I have almost nothing to do. Modding mafia is a good time-waster!

That it is. Are you using my mafia-manager by any chance? I should really get around to updating it again sometime soon.

No. The site is blocked or can't load properly at my work.

Kalse/DiBs:

Since I kinda changed the rules at the exact time you requested a duel, I disregarded it and you can re-send to me whatever you want duel-wise and I'll process it. Didn't want the 1-challenger-per-day change to screw you over as you requested it...

duel olar please

Noted and processed. No duel has taken place. You may not reveal this on-thread.

ok, what if i vote him then? only poss is he is the leader of my faction or the enemy leader.

you're free to vote him, just don't say that the duel result was 'no duel' or that there is something you can't talk about

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 19 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

#26 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

Tapper (or whoever said it), you have bad movie taste. The Quick and the Dead? Lol. :The Force:
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Amp/alt:

I can lie on threat about duelling people right?

Yup, go for it. That being said, unlike last game where I let anything go, there are restrictions on quoting PS or revealing some things like a normal game.

#28 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Ok so who the fuck killed me and why....
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#29 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

Three bloody posts for my first game in 3 weeks....sigh...

I might hop into PS tomorrow at work and help out a bit if you need me to....
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#30 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:47 PM

Won't Karosis know that he wasn't actually challenged, or am I being dumb again?

Edit: I'll take that silence as an overwhelming amount of the latter. :The Force:

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 19 August 2009 - 08:43 PM

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Aug 19 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

Won't Karosis know that he wasn't actually challenged, or am I being dumb again?

Edit: I'll take that silence as an overwhelming amount of the latter. :The Force:

Well Karos will just assume that Amp got a 'no duel' if he was telling the truth, which is good for amp as it distances him from the lu bu duel, at least as much as everyone else who got a no duel on the duels they claimed. Hopefully Amp is observant enough to notice that no one is mentioning the results of their no-duels, because if he claims that result some town will know he can't say that...

#32 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:35 PM

It was the latter, I thought both got a message, both challenger and challengee.

#33 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

Nope. For no-duels the challenger gets a message that nothing happened and that they can't talk about it. For anything else the challenger gets a message to wait a second and then the results are posted on-thread.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#34 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:30 AM

Shin/Korlat:

Name: Sun Jian
Title: Valiant General
Faction: Yuan Shao

You are Sun Jian, a brave and virtuous warlord from Chang Sha in the south. You have many skilled officers under your command who will gladly die for you, even so far as to intercede in duels. You have a 1-time BP against anything that would kill you, even lynches.

I'm waffling between just having fun and challenging duels and trying to figure out how best to use this strategically.

I mean...I'm Sun Jian! If anything, that means I should be dueling every chance I get.

I guess it doesn't hurt to wait and decide though, rather than just choosing someone at random.

Anthras/Ment:

Name: Dong Zhuo
Title: Prime Minister
Faction: Dong Zhuo

You are Dong Zhuo, tyrannical prime minister of Han and protector of the realm. You have personally lead your forces to Hu Lao Gate to crush these assembled traitors to the Han. Observing the battles from afar, you know which armies are yours - Ampelas and Alkend.

You have 3 regiments of your own personal guards. Each night you can order one of your guard regiments to join with one of your armies. That army will receive a 1-time guard or heal action usable on any following night. Once the action is used, your soldiers will return to you and be available again the following night. In addition, if you are challenged to a duel, one of your guard officers will fight in your stead and you will not be revealed (only if at least one of them is still with you).

Your underlings are:
-Guo Si: spearmen (1-time guard)
-Li Jue: spearmen (1-time guard)
-Fan Chou: supply wagons (1-time heal)

zomg
make me the scum leader? are you mad?

lol
so, i've got Alkend and Ampelas symping for me (tehy should know who I am, I hope), and i've got 3 players whose actions I control (I think)

this should be pretty crazy.

The 3 underlings aren't players.

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:33 AM

and baudin/Gamelon, the town inno spectacular picks a great but terrible target of dkt/Alkend. dkt will die, but baudin gets revealed and Alt will now know the identity of his one weakness. Oooooh the suspense!

Name: Liu Bei
Title: Imperial Prince
Faction: Yuan Shao

You are Liu Bei, a commoner who gained rank by distinguishing himself in the Yellow Turban Rebellion (despite not actually participating whatsoever, historically). You command few soldiers and so have no abilities. However, you are an excellent duelist, capable of defeating even the mighty Lu Bu.

You may not reveal on-thread this PS-confirmation of the existance of Lu Bu in-game, no matter how obvious it may seem.

Yay does this mean im finally not scum? woop. So basically im RI but if you piss me off il kill you?

You have no night actions but if you pick scum to duel you will probably do well. At the same time, you want to be careful not to give the scum a chance to kill you first.

ok having more idea about this duel thing, im going to seriously hope my role doesnt get revealed for most of the people dueling me or me dueling them and take a shot in the dark for this day and try and Duel Alkend, hopefully this wont screw over the innos, but i want to see if i can guess correctly

Okay, results on thread soon.

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:42 AM

Anthras/ment:

Name: Dong Zhuo
Title: Prime Minister
Faction: Dong Zhuo

You are Dong Zhuo, tyrannical prime minister of Han and protector of the realm. You have personally lead your forces to Hu Lao Gate to crush these assembled traitors to the Han. Observing the battles from afar, you know which armies are yours - Ampelas and Alkend.

You have 3 regiments of your own personal guards. Each night you can order one of your guard regiments to join with one of your armies. That army will receive a 1-time guard or heal action usable on any following night. Once the action is used, your soldiers will return to you and be available again the following night. In addition, if you are challenged to a duel, one of your guard officers will fight in your stead and you will not be revealed (only if at least one of them is still with you).

Your underlings are:
-Guo Si: spearmen (1-time guard)
-Li Jue: spearmen (1-time guard)
-Fan Chou: supply wagons (1-time heal)

zomg
make me the scum leader? are you mad?

lol
so, i've got Alkend and Ampelas symping for me (tehy should know who I am, I hope), and i've got 3 players whose actions I control (I think)

this should be pretty crazy.

The 3 underlings aren't players.

ic
too many A names around
duel Atrahal, plz.

I think Alkend's Lu Bu. I don't think I have to worry about killing him yet.... do I?

No, you do not need to worry about Lu Bu's betrayal. Duel results will be on-thread soon.

---

PS to Anthras said:

Guo Si is dead and you cannot use him anymore.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 20 August 2009 - 02:47 AM

#37 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:43 AM

That's inno healer's are good for! Is there an Inno healer yet?

Edit: Yes, the person Ment just tried to off.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 20 August 2009 - 02:48 AM

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:52 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Aug 19 2009, 10:43 PM, said:

That's inno healer's are good for! Is there an Inno healer yet?

Edit: Yes, the person Ment just tried to off.

Yeah, ideally (for town) Obdi will know to heal Liu Bei instead of the RIs revealed earlier. I'm interested to see how Ment reacts to this, whether he thinks Obdi is a leader and goes for him some more or if he thinks Obdi is a power-house and doesn't...

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:55 AM

well that answers my question:

Anthras said:

PS said:

Guo Si is dead and you cannot use him anymore.

fuck, this is bad.
Atrahal's a powerhouse, and now we're gonna vote off Alkend

sigh
who could Atrahal be?
he's gotta be Yun Shao.

or maybe Cao-Cao--that's the guy who wins it all for Wei in the end, right?

re that last part: not really. The 3 kingdoms all fail to conquer each other and Cao Cao, Sun Jian/Ce/Quan and Liu Bei all die without any of them making any major headway against each other. Their successors all fail, the Sima family usurps Wei and then conquers Shu and Wu. Basically all the 3 kingdoms and ruling families lose, and long after the founding rulers are dead. Cheery.

#40 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:55 AM

View PostAnthras, on Aug 19 2009, 10:53 PM, said:

hmm
I suppose now the Day 1 lynch is obvious

vote Alkend

Genius alert! Lol.

Edit: Ment must be tired as hell.

Double edit: You clearly stated: "WAS of the" whatever name that is, implying that person was no longer around...

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 20 August 2009 - 03:03 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users