• You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 50.5 Classic Mafias

#21 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

Mafia manager is setup. Password is
pecan
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#22 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

DiBs sets up a mis-hit (but later changes it)

tonihgt

if hes dead,

kill tapper

DiBs titled "Obdi"

is a legend :2guns:

thisis exactly what i needed when people were worrying i was being to soft touch.

goign keep bent alive, as a finder with no finds or counter can be a good lynch target day 3.

kill slick tonight i think actually.

dont want to kill morgo as its too predictable and i still think obdi and morgo are my symps.

if obdi doesnt vote me i will know he is.

Just to confirm, your most recent provisional that I can see is to

Kill Slick.

More DiBs

if my symps do inherit my ability after i die i want it to be someone who really doesnt get on with me in thread.

Dibs titled "Obdi and bent"

are paired finders i bet.

cock whores.

Slick having a rough time with his guesses

Bent is lying.

View PostBent, on Aug 4 2009, 07:11 PM, said:

I thought I might, but hes calmed down considerably so no, I'll keep my vote where it is. If it gets me lnched, oh well, but Id rather not give scum the free inno lynch.I don't think hes scum, so no, I wont vote him.

This does not look to me like a post a finder would make. Outright refusing to vote for Obdi? Would rather be lynched (and, by extension, forced to reveal)?

I'll wait for any counters before posting anything, though.

In other news, I think Shin is innocent, from the way he defended me based on my behaviour in past games. Scum do defend innocents sometimes, but not like that.

Not really sure about anyone else.

bwgan sets up to heal Bent, gambling that he's legit

Probably is a trick, but

Heal Bent

just as well he wasn't n/k...unless he is the killer of course....*sigh*

Noted.

Bent tries to unearth scum...

Morgoth is innocent.

Thats good.

Also, I think that

bwgan,slick and Dibs are scum right now

so tonight

find bwgan.

Her innocence disturbs me.

Noted.

Why am I voting D'rek you ask? Well Dibs is voting bwgan, so one of them might be inno, of course, Dibs has voted his master before and then removed, but I dunno.

I don't think I asked... but thanks anyway.

Morgoth gives Obdi silent thanks

I dont think I've ever seen Obdi act more of a twat than this game. It's benefiting our team enormously so he can keep making a fool of himself for as long as he wants ;)

Tapper wants to test Bent's reveal

Bent, please. I don't trust his reveal at all, so I'm going to put him to the test.
He comes up with a find tomorrow, he's scum. He doesn't, then he's legit. If there is no healer, he's going to be dead to start with.

Noted.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 05 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

DiBs follows up on his action

is a legend :2guns:

thisis exactly what i needed when people were worrying i was being to soft touch.

goign keep bent alive, as a finder with no finds or counter can be a good lynch target day 3.

kill slick tonight i think actually.

dont want to kill morgo as its too predictable and i still think obdi and morgo are my symps.

if obdi doesnt vote me i will know he is.

Just to confirm, your most recent provisional that I can see is to

Kill Slick.

well obdi and bent look like partners so you would expect me to go for one of them yes? but then thats too obvious and wont fit in with niether dying tonight when i make my push tomorrow. and if i die as a result, my symp will be well clear regardless. slick has done niothing to indicate he is my symp as far as i can tell. could be drek, but doubt it.

in fact its most likely morgo ;) if i can lynch one then kill the other it will be a masterstroke :p but i need to push them somewhere else today.

I don't expect anything in particular. Just trying to make sure I have your action right :p

i was fishing for hints. i almost posted on thread that grief was a low posting cur, then i remembered i kille dhim last night :D

Hah. Keep fishing. I'm a tight-lipped clam, I am.

slick is throwing serious hints that obdi and bent are paired, i could sacrifice him and hope he aint my symp who thinks i am too dense to follow orders, ala veng and maybe buy some more cred, or i can take him out tonight and add credence to the bent is scum lynch tomorrow as he is pushing that idea hard.

keep it on him, but if slick is lynched, kill drek

Roger.

Ahh, DKT has it wrong, too

Hey...just realised ive yet to send in a pm

but

GODDAMN have i been busy.
I had to catch up a days work AND a days Mafia...

Anyways...after a few peeps have come out there shell, ive pretty much dismised dibs as a killer.
I dont think bent has fake revealed its way too risky.
Morgy is at least not a killer....i doubt he is a symp he is too mellow for that.

Thats leaves Tapper, bwgan, shin and slick....there is your scum right there.
OB1 could also be a symp...actually its very possible.

who am i missing? Im missing someone...

--
So far, scum are running the table fairly well with Morgy's temporary innocence. Bent has suspicions, but he isn't quite to DiBs yet. Shin is well off-radar at the moment.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 05 August 2009 - 02:42 PM

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

DiBs wants info

hey this is meat and tatters, hints to the dark side come with the territory :2guns:

Mmm, color me non-traditional and unhelpful then.

you bastard, and i planned that special anniversary dinner for us too ;)

Bent trying to make sense of Shin's vote

Morgoth is innocent.

Thats good.

Also, I think that

bwgan,slick and Dibs are scum right now

so tonight

find bwgan.

Her innocence disturbs me.

Noted.

Why am I voting D'rek you ask? Well Dibs is voting bwgan, so one of them might be inno, of course, Dibs has voted his master before and then removed, but I dunno.

I don't think I asked... but thanks anyway.

Why would Shin vote Slick you ask? Hell if I know, he didn't explain himself.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 05 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

DiBs changes again... this time to cause real inno frustration.

kill tapper instead tonight. they havent been there and slick and obdi will come to blows tomorrow.

Noted.

--

Bent's find will fail and when he asks who guarded him, nobody will be able to speak up...

#26 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

This is a real clusterfuck for innos.

@PB: I was sleeping; if you want me to mod for the rest of the day / resolve night just let me know. =) You're doing fine now, though.

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

It's your game, Sixty. If you want the reigns take 'em. I can keep moderating if you want.

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

Bent, trying to think like a killer...

So I am kinda hoping that the killers think I might be a symp, a couple of reasons for this...

If they do, they may not kill me, thats why I posted that last bit about thinking there is a healer present, it smells like something a symp might say.....
If D'rek cf's inno and bwgan cf's scum...I am going to announce on thread that bwgan came up inno, solidifying my stance as symp in the killers eyes, so I can continue until I find their partner, risky, but worth it, IMO.
If D'rek comes up scum and bwgan is inno... I doubt I'll be alive, the Grief kill looked amatuer, dibs, tapper or morg would have killed each other first. I think.

Anyway, thats my thought process, hope I live another night, but smart killers would leave me alive in hopes suspicion got me lynched, and nk morgy.

--
Interesting in that he's not thinking like DiBs at all.

#29 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

Hmm, DiBs is getting lucky with that kill-both guards.

Bent seemed kind of onto him earlier-putting him onto the scum list.

Ofc, with 2 symps and 1 killer(as opposed to paired killers and a symp) it'll be harder for him to find scum-although easier for inno win once found.

Bwgan is clever-playing it safe-though ofc killers rarely target finders since they're such obvious heals.

Could go either way at this point-but i'm leaning towards a scum win. Obdi has played badly imo-though no one else was really playing agressively or putting on pressure-which i'm surprised people didn't pick up on more. Bent has a good reason-he's finder-surprised at less pressure on dibs.

Also-Guard being killed and guarding Bent is bad for innos.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

D'rek lynch is going to happen now. She'll self-hammer if nobody else does. So for PMs

D'rek dies. Tapper dies. Bent gets back a failed result.

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

PMs all sent.

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

Welcome to SH D'rek and Tapper.

D'rek, tough break. People are harsh about doubting reveals.

Tapper, last minute change got you killed.

Right now hard to see Scum letting this one slip away. Too much suspicion on Bent and Obdi. Morgoth is clear right now and nobody is looking at Shin.
Even if DiBs or a symp gets lynched, it's still D-day.

#33 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

DUN DUN DUN

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#34 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

So which symp inherits the killing power?

This post has been edited by D'rek: 05 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#35 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

Coin flip...so at random.

#36 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

Oh, not decided yet, gotcha.

So since I didn't get to respond to Obdi on-thread, Ima put it here: In short, there is nothing wrong with making waves and doing some pushing. However, you can't do nothing but that. You have to turn about and commit to your own defence, actually pay some attention to the rebuttals being sent back at you. Otherwise it's the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears while pointing frantically at people and shouting, and people will just be annoyed and it is just disruptive. By considering other players' rebuttals and giving them a chance for their own commentary before you push on, it fosters the discussion and allows more out-of-box thinking instead of people just infuriatingly defending themselves followed by a slew of pointless insults.

In addition, while making waves is good, it is bad if you're the only one making them. Again, this requires a shift in tact much like what Morgy or DiBs was doing by prompting other people for contribution, which either results in them doing so or gives you something to harp on if they don't contribute in return, making their own waves. A single player making as many waves as possible drowns out the waves of others and makes it unnecessary for others to make their own waves, both of which are disruptive.

#37 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

Sixty how are you going to handle it if Dibs is lynched? Since you have zero hour nights, do you plan on just asking each symp who they would kill if they were promoted and then resolving the coin flip and action with the onset of night?

#38 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

@PB: That sounds like a good idea, actually. Either that or coin flip -> ask symp -> resolve night...whichever would be more convenient depending on who's online.

Or, alternatively, let DiBs's provisional carry over and let the new killer start deciding from then on. That can be the #1 option. If he doesn't have a provisional, go to your option...if 1 of them isn't on, coin flip first.

What do you think?

#39 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

View PostBent, on Aug 5 2009, 07:22 PM, said:

either there is a gaurd or an evil gaurd

View PostBent, on Aug 5 2009, 02:55 PM, said:

The thought of an evil gaurd being out there never once crossed my mind, I am suprised that you seem to think that that should have been an obvious conclusion.

I lol'd

This post has been edited by D'rek: 05 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

bwgan feels played but keeps a heal on Bent. This is, of course, a good move to make.

I just know I am being played, but I don't see I have much choice at the moment

Heal Bent

I nearly wrote vote Bent...do you think that's my subconcious trying to tell me something? thumbsup.gif question.gif

Noted.

Bwgan gets a little confused, too

See, night one I healed Shin and there was only one nk. Last night I healed Bent after his 'reveal' and there were two...now was that because the killers thought he would be protected or because he really is a killer....I am thinking more and more the latter. If a lynch is going on me, and I am on line I will reveal...I know it will mean my death, but it's the heal info I need to let them have rather than desperately staying alive...especially if the alternative is a lynch anyway...

Ignore me...I haven't been drinking honest....but I am rushing around. Not a good thing in mafia...just as well I didn't post my thoughts from above *sigh* I confused the lynch with a nk... rolleyes.gif blink.gif

Other than that my thought process was flawless.... killingme.gif

Bent actually has it right for once.

But I sincerely feel Obi is good and Dibs is bad.

DiBs sets up a winning kill if the lynch goes poorly

kill dk

i wonder if bent and obdi are like paired symps.

weird, still think morgo is my symp.

Noted.

He thinks he knows the symps, too.

99% certin that obdi and bent are my symps and somehow know each other.

they cleared me and this blocked find is the perfect excuse for not clearing another inno to morgo's status also they must have suspected i would go for morgo as it is expected (which is why i didnt). it wouldnt have got us anything, but it cleared me in others minds.

the fact that he revealed his target before night then when tapper died he called blocked, he obviosly wanted me to kill bwgan, but that can be used both ways. the trick is waiting for dk and morgo to jump first then piling on.

--

The amusing thing is that Dibs really only figured one thing out all game, Morgoth is a symp. He has guessed Obdi and Bent as a symp and managed to somehow not kill Shin while killing both guards. A good amount of luck there.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users