• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 50: The Yellow Turban Rebellion Long live the Way of Peace

#1921 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Jul 31 2009, 03:01 PM, said:

Well, I thought it wasn't obvious. But, I'm not very practiced either.

Nah, it was pretty obvious, I was just hoping to beat you to it, I knew I was fucked if I didn't so I did my best.

You have to come up with some pretty crazy shit for it not to have been done in a game or two before sir :thumbsup:
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#1922 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

Oh, well I had seen it done before, as scum. I don't think I'm original, just not blatantly obvious. :thumbsup:

Edit: Oh well. Can't be everything. Still learning the ropes, you know.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 31 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#1923 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

Thank you D'rek for an exciting and interesting game...mindboggling and frustrating, but that's mafia. :p

Edit: Oh, Tapper I am soo sorry - thanks to you as well... :thumbsup:.

This post has been edited by bwgan: 31 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#1924 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on Jul 31 2009, 09:00 PM, said:

i was in a bad moood cause i just got back to work after near three weeks off, and i am agggeressive player at the best of times. plus when someones argument is oh i spammed more than them why arent you voting for me, i get royally fucked off. as if i only deal in absolutes when deciding what allegiance someone has, that pisses me off.

:thumbsup: apart from that i thought i was a ray of sunshine.

Meh, that was a particularly terrible argument from me.

I was just irritated because it seemed to me like you were using a very weak excuse to hop onto a train-which seems scummy to me.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#1925 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

cheers to drek and tapper. have to say the scenes wehre extensive and exceptionally well written :thumbsup:

#1926 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, cheers to the mods, who I found covered the game well, which made me happy :thumbsup:

So, whats next :p

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#1927 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

View Postbwgan, on Jul 31 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Thank you D'rek for an exciting and interesting game...mindboggling and frustrating, but that's mafia. :p

Edit: Oh, Tapper I am soo sorry - thanks to you as well... :thumbsup:.

As much as I like the ego-boost of being thanked for something I didn't do, I feel obliged to point out that i popped into SH exactly once... dkt did most of the co-modding I think :p
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1928 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

View PostPeanutbutta, on Jul 31 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

All I have to say is WTF Obdi...

And facepalm for somehow completely failing to guard HP on night 1... not that it would have mattered since then Obdi would have been lynched anyway.

What a mess. Grats town, dunno how you won, but you did.

Ditto that.... Why can't you assholes do this sort of end game explosion when its NOT my bedtime? :p :thumbsup:

Seriously....we won?
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#1929 User is offline   bwgan 

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

View PostTapper, on Jul 31 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

View Postbwgan, on Jul 31 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Edit: Oh, Tapper I am soo sorry - thanks to you as well... :p.

As much as I like the ego-boost of being thanked for something I didn't do, I feel obliged to point out that i popped into SH exactly once... dkt did most of the co-modding I think :)

OMG I am superfail tonight...not for thanking you Tapper...even once deserves thanks.

@ dkt - thank you...and sorry for helping to get you lynched... :thumbsup:
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#1930 User is offline   bwgan 

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

View PostShinrei, on Jul 31 2009, 10:18 PM, said:

View PostPeanutbutta, on Jul 31 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

All I have to say is WTF Obdi...

And facepalm for somehow completely failing to guard HP on night 1... not that it would have mattered since then Obdi would have been lynched anyway.

What a mess. Grats town, dunno how you won, but you did.

Ditto that.... Why can't you assholes do this sort of end game explosion when its NOT my bedtime? :p :p

Seriously....we won?

Yes, through skill and...um...um....well being less bad than the bad guys...it wasn't our finest hour...but hey we won... :thumbsup:
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'

#1931 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

It's always so wild to think of how things could've turned out if just a couple things had been different. Like if someone had shown up to hammer Emur on day 2. That ironically would have probably won the game for scum since Thyr would have taken it from there. Or if Amp hadn't vigged on night 1 so no one would have died, which would have led me to think that my guard on Emur had actually worked.

And thanks bwgan - I only put in one PM of alt guesses, and you and Dibs helped me be at least 50% on that. :thumbsup:
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#1932 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

• Analyst of High House Mafia

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

Shin's guard is a prime example of why it is so important to guard as town. DiBs' argument that it only hurts town in the beginning belies how useful it can potentially be.

#1933 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

@shin - you doubted me?

#1934 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

Thanks guys, mad props to Tapper and dkt for stepping in early on there while I was sleeping. As for the scenes, most of the credit has to go to Luo Guanzhong there - the scenes were all taken from the novel, though I changed names, armies, cut out parts and stitched together parts from different scenes sometimes to suit what I needed (the book has just about no battles that the Turbans win... they always get their bums kicked)

View PostObdigore, on Jul 31 2009, 03:41 PM, said:

Neither do I, and I played in game 1 on the Malazan boards ;P.

So the setup was

Yellow:
Killer
Guard
Symp cum Killer if Killer Dies

Han:
Finder
Vig
Healer
Guard/Heal Teacher
town

right?

That means that the Yellow's should have had 1 more role, especially since none of them could talk to each other, and the symp knew only 1 of the pair. If you added a symp that knew only the killer and would turn into a guard upon the guard's death, I think that would have been rather fair.

Yeah something like that. Should've gotten a 13th player in here. As it was it was troublesome to shrink it from the original 16 to 12 roles. Dong Zhuo was originally just a reglar role and Feng Xu didn't exist until a day before we started!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#1935 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

View PostPeanutbutta, on Jul 31 2009, 10:55 PM, said:

Shin's guard is a prime example of why it is so important to guard as town. DiBs' argument that it only hurts town in the beginning belies how useful it can potentially be.

He got lucky that there was a solo killer. That's not all that common.
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#1936 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

View PostSlick Mongoose, on Jul 31 2009, 06:44 PM, said:

Uncommon, at least, in Malazan Mafia.

#1937 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

View PostSlick Mongoose, on Jul 31 2009, 11:44 PM, said:

Well, paired killers was my assumption all along and I even said as much in one of my PMs. If there had been no kill on night 1 I might've changed my mind though.

Share this topic:

• 97 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users