Malazan Empire: Spoilers for Mafia 49, Highlander - Malazan Empire

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 49, Highlander Kill 'em all....

#21 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 14 2009, 11:39 AM, said:

Alts have been sent - if someone signs up while I'm away, feel free to add them :question:
next 2 players are RI by default, add another Healer please if we get a number 21 :p

No problem
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#22 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

View PostBent, on Jul 14 2009, 07:25 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 14 2009, 11:39 AM, said:

Alts have been sent - if someone signs up while I'm away, feel free to add them :question:
next 2 players are RI by default, add another Healer please if we get a number 21 :p

No problem

cool :question: not that I know who else could join - perhaps Obdi, but likely no-one else with dibs on holiday, bubba quit and Imperion and std busy.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

ano-bwgan;

Scum.
You can take a single night action.

Night action: once per night, as a night action, you can kill another player by sending his alt to the mods.

Every time you kill someone successfully, you absorb all of that players powers. If they had a single or limited use, these will be refreshed for you.

Victory condition: you only win once you are the last man standing. This victory condition is transferred to your killer when you are vigged or otherwise killed at night. There are several other players with the same victory condition, but who cares, you have to get rid of everyone, including them.
You are not allowed to spread this information on thread.

I am sorry I have a stupid mouse...and a stupid hand...not sure which one is to blame...but I know it isn't me.

Anywho, onto business...now you both know that you are my absolutely favourite mods and forumites don't you?

Well, now it's official...I LOVE you :question: :question: :p

You realise that I will die day 1, but it doesn't matter...I still love you.

I simply have to keep calm in work all day tomorrow until I can get on line and start my murderously innocent assault on all the others.

It's ME against the world... :Patch:

we have created a monster. This is going to be great - I think she stands a good chance of winning if she keeps up her innocuous behaviour.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

korlat146:

Roleless Inno;

You currently have no night actions.

Your victory condition is to eliminate all scum.

I'm sure you're gonna be asked this a zillion times, but how do I "take" a night action?

You currently have no night actions. (fact)

If you somehow acquire night actions, which or may not be possible, then you are able to take one of them per night.

i'm not going to say more than that, but hope it clarifies :question:
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

Anogwan:

I did mention that this was the first film I went to see with hubby didn't I? Not at all relevant but interesting...well to me anyway.

And I have the soundtrack...I lurve Queen...did I ever tell you I saw them at Knebworth in 1986? Freddie was awesome...see there are some advantages to being old.

I am sad about 1 thing though...I HATE this alt. It's my Fener, but I don't care. This game is going to be outstanding...I can feel it in my bones.

Have a got a really big sword, and a really long coat? I know that doesn't matter, but it helps to imagine it...the only trouble with that is I would also have to be really tall...and I'm sort of medium height...high heels? Do you reckon I can fight in stilletos? I reckon I could...I have a pair of 4.5 inch bright red ones, with the metal effect heels...I think I shall wear them whilst I play...method playing? There was an actress who always started with her shoes...

Aye, you said you saw Highlander together as your first movie date :question: But you failed to mention you saw them live, which must have been awesome! (though I'm personally not really a queen fan, actually dislike most of the 80s stuff... unless it is covered by pretty french chanteuses /hides).

You can have whatever weaponry you like, although it being able to cut a head of would help.... and the shoes might, too!

#26 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

Slick Okaros:

Scum.

Night action: once per night, as a night action, you can kill another player by sending his alt to the mods.

Every time you kill someone successfully, you absorb all of that players powers. If they had a single or limited use, these will be refreshed for you.

Victory condition: you only win once you are the last man standing. This victory condition is transferred to your killer when you are vigged or otherwise killed at night. There are several other players with the same victory condition, but who cares, you have to get rid of everyone, including them.
You are not allowed to spread this information on thread.

Solo scum? I'm not gonna last 5 minutes.....

Hee hee.
Don't be a blouse :question:

Heh. It's really not suited to my playstyle. Assuming there are other killing roles (quite a lot, i'd imagine....), I have to both hide from NK's and not get lynched. Which means not pissing anyone off. :p

If I kill a killer, do I get an extra night-kill every night?

You copy his killing ability, yes.
But... you can still only take a single night action, as per your PM.
If you also manage to find a way somehow to be able to take additional actions (which may or may not be possible), then you can use both in the same night.

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

I did mention that this was the first film I went to see with hubby didn't I? Not at all relevant but interesting...well to me anyway.

And I have the soundtrack...I lurve Queen...did I ever tell you I saw them at Knebworth in 1986? Freddie was awesome...see there are some advantages to being old.

I am sad about 1 thing though...I HATE this alt. It's my Fener, but I don't care. This game is going to be outstanding...I can feel it in my bones.

Have a got a really big sword, and a really long coat? I know that doesn't matter, but it helps to imagine it...the only trouble with that is I would also have to be really tall...and I'm sort of medium height...high heels? Do you reckon I can fight in stilletos? I reckon I could...I have a pair of 4.5 inch bright red ones, with the metal effect heels...I think I shall wear them whilst I play...method playing? There was an actress who always started with her shoes...

Aye, you said you saw Highlander together as your first movie date :question: But you failed to mention you saw them live, which must have been awesome! (though I'm personally not really a queen fan, actually dislike most of the 80s stuff... unless it is covered by pretty french chanteuses /hides).

You can have whatever weaponry you like, although it being able to cut a head of would help.... and the shoes might, too!

Heathen! :p

Ever been trodden on by a stilleto? Well keep it up and you just might. Although I agree about most '80s music, Queen is ootw.

If I had been trodden on by a stiletto heel, I wouldn't say 'yes' now because there would be plenty of people who would LOUDLY try to guess what I do on my saturday nights :question:

The 80s is a non-existent decade musically speaking, though..... and Queen is part of that, imho. I will make an exception for the Golden Earring. Just because they're dutch, and Prince, because he's awesome, and maybe Springsteen, though the 80s weren't his best decade.

Tapper, barbarian

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

korlat146:

Roleless Inno;

I'm sure you're gonna be asked this a zillion times, but how do I "take" a night action?

You currently have no night actions. (fact)

If you somehow acquire night actions, which or may not be possible, then you are able to take one of them per night.

i'm not going to say more than that, but hope it clarifies :question:

Ok, so take as in the grammatically correct "take action against", not as in to remove and keep for one's self. Cool. Obviously you wont confirm or deny, but I would think the only way we could get actions would be to kill an immortal. The only way we can do that would be through a lynch at his point, so maybe first vote or hammer get whoever died's power.

Very good guess, but I like how he's already thinking of immortals. People are going to make things so much more difficult to themselves when they start dragging movie stuff in when the OP says that no elements of the movies have been incorporated :p

And more alt146:

I'm out of cellphone internet (which I use to get onto the forum at work) so I wont be online till tomorrow afternoon sometime just so you know...

#29 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

I resent Morgoth45s alt PM because I noticed it had the wrong password in the original version.

#30 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Sorry man, been busy at work, not alot of time to chat today, looks like people are excited though.
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

View PostBent, on Jul 14 2009, 12:39 PM, said:

Sorry man, been busy at work, not alot of time to chat today, looks like people are excited though.

That's oki, work comes first :question: And yeah, lots of positive reactions so far. Hope they're able to maintain it :p

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

Anogwan:

If I had been trodden on by a stiletto heel, I wouldn't say 'yes' now because there would be plenty of people who would LOUDLY try to guess what I do on my saturday nights :question:

The 80s is a non-existent decade musically speaking, though..... and Queen is part of that, imho. I will make an exception for the Golden Earring. Just because they're dutch, and Prince, because he's awesome, and maybe Springsteen, though the 80s weren't his best decade.

Tapper, barbarian.

I shall refuse to talk to P-S now unless that nice Mr Bent is in there...humph...we need an arms folded showing off smiley....only joking, can't stay angry for long....being trodden on by a stiletto is nothing to be ashamed of...is it?

Mister Bent is unfortunately currently occupied. Can I take a message?

as for the heels, it depends on the circumstances, I'm sure mr bwgan will agree with me :question:

I'm normally very patient, but ...oh, come on tomorrow. :p

Am I getting on your nerves yet?

If I have an early night then it will come quicker...a bit like Christmas...

No, you're not getting on my nerves yet, in fact, all the excitement is pretty cool - I hope the game will live up to the expectations!

- Tapper

#33 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

Venge:

So to teach you not to send out the roles till the day of I have decided to spam the in box...

kidding...

I am very excited. Ideally I will be able to make it to day 3 with my BP then try to draw a bunch of attacks. But with the weekend coming up I might have to try to draw them early.

A warning I will be on very very erratically during the weekend as usual.

spam away, it drives out the monotony!

weekend stuff is cool - I might freeze the game anyway, been thinking on doing that to protect dkt from being alt guessed due to not being online, but will check with Bent before I do that, first.

as for day 3... who's to say it isn't over by then? :question:

Tapper, perhaps not kidding :p

#34 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

Anowgan:

I think I overestimated...I don't think I'm going to make the million before I go to bed. :question::

And I forgot to say I want to

kill Shin

No I know I can't, and the jokes been done to death before, but I just want it recorded in SH...not that he's on my list or anything...because I haven't got any lists...but if I did no-one could blame me could they?

Don't worry, I am not expecting a reply to every message...I guess you must be getting loads.

At least with the game not starting until tomorrow I can read some of my 'Best Served Cold'.

It's been recorded for posterity :p

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

Lord45, down to business:

Roleless Inno;

So, obviously, being Highlander-in-concept-only, there'll be power absorption. Does anybody who is on a lynch train get the power (or lack thereof) of the victim?

That's classified information obtainable in SH only, sorry :question:

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

Sorrei:

Roleless Inno;

Cool, RI is fine with me (although from the wording it sounds like I might gain night actions later, somehow.) Can't wait! I hope my password (headless) isn't prophetic though.

Mentasis:

Bullet Proof:

The first night in which one or more players with the ability to kill target you , you survive. This is considered to be expended after that.

hehe
so, all I gota do is avoid being a day 1 lynch?
I can do that (I hope)
since i've picked up a shift for my one day off (Thursday), lurking and surviving shouldn't be an issue till Sunday (I hope)

I bet he'll get lynched in time honoured tradition :question:

HGamelon:

So, Karosis is naked. I am immediately suspicious. Fucking naked dragon.

Got any recommendations for good guard play in a Mafia game? I'm pretty coherent through the last 6 or so, but... not exactly stellar guard play going on in those. Although, this is high TMDI, so maybe my guarding will end up smoking someone. That'd be awesome. I've always wanted to be able to kill while on the good side.

Play the role as you like and don't be afraid to adjust - high TMDI aren't always like M&P, but sometimes, they can be.

#37 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

more HGamelon:

I die quick. It's because I'm a talker. I'm hoping that doesn't mean I'm annoying. Could be though, whatever. I just won a game on my own, so my Mafia skills are at least in the + spectrum as of right now.

I am anathema to low-posting. I can't help myself. How to survive, being a non low-poster... Wow. That'll be tough road to grind. Ambiguity will get me lynched. Non-Play is easy Highlander material. Middle of the road is where Scum/Highlander generally is found.

I'm gonna just play Inno. I do that the best, I think. It will seem crazy, but there is a method to the madness. All I care about is spotting the random Highlander. That... will be tough. But, at least I have a guard role that might help me a bit in.

Malaese, sadly only a spectator, going after PB with an imaginary night action:

behead Fener alt -> enjoy the quickening

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

And a few messages from Silgoth:

This one somewhere well before the game started:

Healer:

Night action: once per night, as a night action, you can heal another player by sending his alt to the mods.
That player will be saved from any and all kills targeting that player. You can not target yourself with this action.

you should also start the game. I'm not too distracted by your glorious breasts to notice you've yet to open the thread

Healer:

Night action: once per night, as a night action, you can heal another player by sending his alt to the mods.
That player will be saved from any and all kills targeting that player. You can not target yourself with this action.

Can you make it so DiBs dies instead of being healed if I hit him? I'm a doctor right, surely I have something deadly in my hairy sack of tricks..

also, ANSWER ME! :question:

Sorry, I was fast asleep and I stayed up until 0.30 AM this morning, CET... the fact that you are in a different time zone and apparently staying up until you fall asleep over your key board is showing true promise, but unfortunately, those past their prime, like me, cannot keep up with your youthful exuberance.

Or something like that.

And sure, I'm happy to grant you that particular favour. Dibs will die if you heal him this game.*

*he's not playing....

Healer:

soo.. I have two night actions? Or do I take the night action of the person I heal? If I take that night action, is it permanent, or will it be a one use thing?

Also, I don't like healers :p

You're a healer, period. The one night action you can take right now is healing someone.

If you were to gain other actions, which may or may not be possible, you are still only allowed to perform one of them, as you can take only 1 action per night.

Hope that clarifies :question:

It does. I was sort of hoping to take the power of a vig and become an invincible Doom Doctor, but I guess i'll just have to live with the broken dream. Crushed into thousands of pieces by your uncaring feet.

Oh, no, I care, and I do mind where I step. I'd hate to miss you :unworthy:

DKaratallid:

Finder:

Night action: once per night, as a night action, you can investigate another player by sending his alt to the mods.
At the end of night, if your action was successful, the mods will tell you whether or not your target is scum.

coolio

more Malaese:

Hiya Malaese!

password for SH is upload (if that fails, try download... one is SH and the other P-S and I'm constantly doubting which one is which).

Great to see you back on the forum!

I'm not back. One must always remain on Fener alt vigilance even in retirement, put that in SH because I bet PB and Bread pus out on taking "it" out.

Will be difficult for PB as he is Fener :p

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 15 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:34 AM

HGamelon:

So, Karosis is naked. I am immediately suspicious. Fucking naked dragon.

Got any recommendations for good guard play in a Mafia game? I'm pretty coherent through the last 6 or so, but... not exactly stellar guard play going on in those. Although, this is high TMDI, so maybe my guarding will end up smoking someone. That'd be awesome. I've always wanted to be able to kill while on the good side.

Play the role as you like and don't be afraid to adjust - high TMDI aren't always like M&P, but sometimes, they can be.

Sometimes Path-Shaper is really enlightening, other times he isn't because it wouldn't be good for his game.

You fuckers are nearly law-school capable with the amount of bull-shitting you do! That's a compliment! For real! Lol.

If I don't play this like I could be smoking people, and could be, I'd be slightly angry at the chance of killing players I want to "while being good," while knowing I'm probably doing bad for my team. Sigh. Stupid consequences.

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:35 AM

some more Malaese:

Hiya Malaese!

password for SH is upload (if that fails, try download... one is SH and the other P-S and I'm constantly doubting which one is which).

Great to see you back on the forum!

I'm not back. One must always remain on Fener alt vigilance even in retirement, put that in SH because I bet PB and Bread pus out on taking "it" out.

Will be difficult for PB as he is Fener :question:

Well doesn't that just suit him...carry on.

Hehehe, he was already saying the Fener alt is worse than a death sentence, so he shares your thoughts on the alt.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users