Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Taya Hmmm

#1 User is offline   Rahvinn 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

We know Taya is a kick ass assassin whos very fast, strong, skilled and part Demon...half Demom presumably
Now the question is; which half?

I reckon the mother, Vorcan, is full Demon
Now before you all start throwing books at me, let me say my bit

I think its Raest who talks about Vorcan as 'A Demon in truth'
Maybe shes Soletaken and just never reveals her form

I had a lot more to say but ive forgotten while watching cartoons, damnit
Ok im behind the wall now, start throwing your books at me!! =)

#2 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

Hmm, interesting quote there...good work Rahvinn.

Maybe Vorcan had sex with another humanoid Soletaken-like Rake or Osserc, you know? But who...
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#3 User is offline   The Crow 

• Corporal
  • Food is appreciated.

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

I posted this in another thread, but I am almost absolutely certain that somewhere along the line, possibly in GOTM, Vorcan is described as having Tiste Andii blood in her veins. I can't look for the quote though, as I dont currently have my GOTM copy around.

I could of course be completely wrong, but I just seem to remember this from somewhere.

This post has been edited by The Crow: 09 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Darkwatch @ May 22 2009, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Twilight is the latest thing out of Pandora's Box.

#4 User is offline   prq 

• The unofficial Shield Anvil of Treach, The Tiger of Summer

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

View PostAin't_It_Just_, on Jul 8 2009, 10:20 AM, said:

Maybe Vorcan had sex with another humanoid Soletaken-like Rake or Osserc, you know? But who...

Rallick? They seemed to get along well, even before they both got locked in the Azath house. Rallick even risked his life to save her.

#5 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

View Postprq, on Aug 13 2009, 03:34 PM, said:

Rallick? They seemed to get along well, even before they both got locked in the Azath house. Rallick even risked his life to save her.

Rallick Nom? He states several times in GotM that he was yet to meet Vorcan and only does so at the fete. So not him. I was always under the impression the demon was from the father's side, but I suppose it's possible Vorcan could be at least part demon herself. Do we know for a fact Taya is 50% demon? Even demonic grandfather or great grandfather would still make you pretty potent. Although she seems more dangerous than her mother, implying either her father is the demon, or someone powerful.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#6 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:04 AM

More dangerous than the mother who is threatening Caladan Brood? I would disagree with you there - she's just more active.

And based on the genealogies in this book, who knows how much % demon she is? It's certainly given her a bit of a boost, but I wouldn't say that it's the only thing making her dangerous!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#7 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:06 AM

View PostSilencer, on Aug 14 2009, 04:04 AM, said:

More dangerous than the mother who is threatening Caladan Brood? I would disagree with you there - she's just more active.

Me too, sure Taya might have had more kills("on stage" at least) but Vorcan faced Tiste Andii while Taya went up aganist civilians and random Claws.
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#8 User is offline   prq 

• The unofficial Shield Anvil of Treach, The Tiger of Summer

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

View Postalt146, on Aug 13 2009, 02:44 PM, said:

View Postprq, on Aug 13 2009, 03:34 PM, said:

Rallick Nom? He states several times in GotM that he was yet to meet Vorcan and only does so at the fete. So not him. I was always under the impression the demon was from the father's side, but I suppose it's possible Vorcan could be at least part demon herself. Do we know for a fact Taya is 50% demon? Even demonic grandfather or great grandfather would still make you pretty potent. Although she seems more dangerous than her mother, implying either her father is the demon, or someone powerful.

My bad, I had the impression they had met before.

Anyway Vorcan is powerful, but she still gets owned by a brick (and a bit of Oponn's luck I guess :-) ).

#9 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:52 AM

I'm sure if someone threw a brick at Taya, we would've seen the same result. It means nothing, and is in no way indicative of power. Many powerful people get owned in very pansy ways.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#10 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

View PostUrizen, on Aug 14 2009, 09:06 AM, said:

View PostSilencer, on Aug 14 2009, 04:04 AM, said:

Me too, sure Taya might have had more kills("on stage" at least) but Vorcan faced Tiste Andii while Taya went up aganist civilians and random Claws.

I guess the difference is that ICE tells you Taya is badass, whereas SE is a bit more subtle about Vorcan's strength.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#11 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:10 AM

Much the same as he's more blatant about Silk being the trump card to the 'loyalist' mages, the ridiculously abused role of the ring-bearer I mean Crokus-Paran, er, that is to say, the dude with the magical sword....and various other examples. ;)
'Lacking subtlety' comes to mind. :)

Disclaimer: Not that I dislike RotCG, far from it, in fact.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#12 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

View PostRahvinn, on Jul 8 2009, 12:11 AM, said:

We know Taya is a kick ass assassin whos very fast, strong, skilled and part Demon...half Demom presumably

The top half? ;)

Her skill was also in her timing - would she have been able to take Laseen down face to face?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#13 User is offline   Revenant 

• Recruit

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

I am going with Moby as Taya's father

#14 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

You find out more about
Spoiler
in TTH

This post has been edited by Tiste Simeon: 19 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#15 User is offline   redJAKO 

• Sergeant

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

View PostTraveller, on Aug 14 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

View PostRahvinn, on Jul 8 2009, 12:11 AM, said:

The top half? B)

Her skill was also in her timing - would she have been able to take Laseen down face to face?

Noone was expecting her, which is entirely stupid since Possum KNEW their was some "slip of a girl" who was getting the best of him twice, you would think he would have prepared Laseen at the very end (when he finally got his loyalties in order).

Taya was mostly successful due to her skill, the unpreparedness, and the fact Laseen had been busy murdering demon's and Veil's, fighting off Cowl, etc all night.

#16 User is offline   Scylvendi 

• Recruit

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:56 PM

I definitely thought that Raest mentioned that Vorcan wasn't human, I took that to mean demon. I'm gonna have to work out where on earth I read that now.

#17 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

View PostScylvendi, on 20 October 2009 - 10:56 PM, said:

I definitely thought that Raest mentioned that Vorcan wasn't human, I took that to mean demon. I'm gonna have to work out where on earth I read that now.

Raest said it to Rallick Nom when he woke him up in the Finnest House in TTH. There's no reason why Vorcan couldn't be a demon, none at all.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#18 User is offline   Mirthmonkey 

• Corporal

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

Wow, something else I somehow completely missed reading through the book. Where was Taya's identity given away and why was she wanting to kill off Laseen in the first place? I got to the end of the book and when Laseen was killed I was still thinking, "who the hell was that?"

View PostRevenant, on 18 August 2009 - 07:37 PM, said:

The techno musician or the whale?
/huh?

#19 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

View PostMirthmonkey, on 26 October 2009 - 06:37 PM, said:

Wow, something else I somehow completely missed reading through the book. Where was Taya's identity given away and why was she wanting to kill off Laseen in the first place? I got to the end of the book and when Laseen was killed I was still thinking, "who the hell was that?"

View PostRevenant, on 18 August 2009 - 07:37 PM, said:

The techno musician or the whale?
/huh?

She was working for/in league with Mallick Rel, who wanted Laseen dead so he could be the Emperor.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#20 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:03 AM

Way late to the game here, but figured i'd find out if there was a Taya thread before i started one anew! Was gonna ask who ya'll thought daddy demon was, but i remember now about Raest saying to Rallick that Vorcan was a demon in truth. So who could daddy human be? Maybe one of the pickled Seguleh? A currently living Seguleh? Also it was fitting that the premier assassin (arguably, of course!) of the MBotF series daughter was the one to take down Laseen. Somehow i also think that a face-to-face would have made for a much different outcome, but that's just semantics. Assassins don't need honor, just the tools to get the job done, eh? Posted Image Looking forward to seeing Taya and Mommy Dearest in the very near future, be it via SE, ICE, or hopefully, both!

This post has been edited by The Seguleh 46th: 25 April 2010 - 01:05 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users