Malazan Empire: Spoilers for Mafia 48: The Lies of Locke Lamora - Malazan Empire

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 48: The Lies of Locke Lamora HEY HEY HEY

#21 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:51 AM

HD's drunken provisional:

Provisonal: Heal Silanah.

I know BP night and whatn ot. You never know though, riht? Am I right or am I right or am mI riht?

Now, if he/she dies after what you said to me abou tmy powers I'll be an angry drunk. Do you want to have the responsibility of me breaking a window or something by chucking a book at it?

It could be ababy for gods sakaes. Ok, not a bayb. But maybe a kitten or puppy. Nah. Neither of them either Let's stick to inaimaties. Like winodws fo doom and Death Star's. Use the force HD. Trust it.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#22 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

Korlat/Lisheo:

Seems a nice, stable arrangement... SANSA
Might be a bit risky putting it down in a thread addressed to him, but what's life without risks?

I'm not quite sure what you're going at (behind on the thread) but sounds cool.

Atm I'm discussing role mechanics and role distribution while pretending to be comletely unaware of the books (I have a more or less encyclopdic knowledge of Red Seas, and I'm not bad with Locke either). I'm fishing for reactions; trying to get people to reveal something of their alignment. That was a code in a post for Emurlahn.

Interesting. My confusion was more directed at the meaning of the SANSA code, though. My mind's leaning toward ASoIaF but that can't possibly be correct. durr.

Have you ever tried coding with a Z before?! :)

:D

True that.

Morgosian:

oh where has my little DiBsy gone? :)

Since I'll find him anyways, can't I just put in a provisional on DiBs?

I'm afraid you'll have to find him first. :D

That is really mean

Sorry. Given your obsession with killing him, it shouldn't be too hard to find him, right?

-Sixty

I do think I'll find him pretty quick. I have a decent track record of spotting him.

also, I think meanas is hoosier, jsut for being drunk at this time :D

Best of luck. Whatever makes this game more exciting, the better. :D

Well, it feels kind of like cheating, but Kaschan is in all likelyhood DiBs. DiBs was reading the thread naked for a while, and the first new player to post around that time was Kaschan. Kaschan also ignores such nonsense as capital letters, which solidifies my conviction.

so provisional is kill kaschan.

*cough*meta argument*cough*

But noted.

Meta arguments will always be a large part of any decision. That's perfectly fine as long as it's kept out of thread :p

Oh.. it's not only DiBs.. It's carefull DiBs..

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

Tapper and Bwgan convo:

Hiya P-S: just so that you have the convo :D

Hey brother,

Interested to hear from ya - would be nice if we can doctor out something about how factions function.

Personally, I think there's 4 of us, and that we mirror the Gray King faction. We're going to be the ones to do the legwork for our faction, I think... sis is probably a finder of sorts, and daddy is the big boss, can hardly imagine he's a killer but he's probably well protected with a BP of sorts or something... can hardly think the game will be over night 1 because of a lucky hit.

Grey king would have himself where we have Capa, the gladiator sisters in our role (suits them to a tee) and the Falconer (a mage) in our sister's role... which is probably some poisoner role or something.

Also, how are we going to sniff out our target?

A word of caution: my online times are going to be erratic. I've got meetings tomorrow and thursday, will be offline tonight and wednesday night, and quite probably the most of friday as well. So, I'm going to be one low posting son of a bitch.

Also... I am definately not very good at merc games, since I tend to reveal waaaaay too early, so this time around, I'm going to play with my cards close to my chest for a change... but will probably screw up somewhere halfway through :)

Cheerio,

Tapper

Hey back at you!

Timing is perfect. I just sent a pm to P-S asking if I could reveal my alt to you, as only played paired once before and wasn't sure of the protocol...guess you've answered my question!

Don't be too disappointed when you see it's me. :D

I have so much buzzing in my brain.

First we don't know who sis is do we, so we will have to be careful about using our power won't we. I am hoping dad will guide us a bit there.

Second Spy seems to indicate they will be able to see our pm's, so we will need to be careful there, won't we? I assume they won't have free reign or we will be knackered. So I wonder what the restraint is?

OMG look at the time...I HAVE to go, but I will be back soon, and will add to this.

Laters :)

bwgan

PS: P-S said for one of us to copy him in...do you want me to do it?

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

More from Tapper/Gamelon:

Hello bwgan,

Great to be paired with you, and no, not disappointed at all! in fact, am really looking forward to play with you since you are levelheaded and so inconspicuous that your survival during the game is a near guarantee, which rocks in merc games :)

You raise a couple of interesting issues.
Since we don't know who number 4 in the faction is, we'd better be careful for now, aye (although their death is probably not going to disable our ability to win the game, so we can possibly afford to be wrong).
On the other hand, body count is HIGH this game, or so the sign-up said, so I would advise to definately start killing after one of us dies, whether there is good information or not. On day 1/ night 1 though, we'd better act as if we're teethless :D

With the Spy in place, probably the best solution is make it as difficult for the extra reader as we can. I think there are a few solutions we might try:

1) to to not reply with quote tags to one another from now on, but to write a seperate message each time around, like I did now. If we save the messages we send, that way, we have the full convo in inbox and sent box, but someone listening in won't, unless they can read all messages sent and received on a given day.
2) to not use the alt names of our own family members in our pms. Would be a pity if they picked up the identity of daddy dearest that way :)
3) not refer to our faction, game alts, the family relation within our faction and forum alts in our messages. Otherwise, alt guesses can cost us dearly, and if the spy ability is like this:

Spy: send a name of a player to the mods. You receive all/ a number of X pms he sends (or receives)

then we don't betray one another through the contents of the message, or our faction because we write about brothers, sisters and fathers :D Maybe call daddy Number 1 or Main Man or Leader, Sister nr 2, Backup, Symp, or something, and each other just 'you'? Feel free to adjust all of the above, but I think it is a good safety precaution, unless someone is listening in already, in which case, well...

As for updating P-S: I'll do it for this message - if we decide to work with method number 1, then we'll have to CC him each time we send something :D

Cheers,

me.

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

Rather interesting how Bwgan and Tapper are now convinced it's a PM spy role. Must be last game's radio thing again. :S

Originally I had Bug as a spy to see what action someone used but decided it was OP since Locke effectively has the same ability. Then I left it in the opening post to distract people--guess that's worked. :D

#26 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 4 2009, 01:59 PM, said:

PBlanah (Capa Barsavi, in day scene):

The itsy, bitsy, Spider, crawled up the water spout. Down came the Capa to wash the Spider out. Out went the Gray King, to die, alone, in pain, and the bastard Locke Lamora was never heard again.

Welcome to my party.

D'rellan (Gray King, to his team as PM's):

Hi everyone, this is your leader (you know who I am). I can send the lot of you a message every night which comes to you at the start of day. And I get one for Day 1. So, we're going to use this opportunity to identify our entire team and kick ass.

In your second post, your third word must end in 'g' and your fourth word must start with 'c'. That sentence must end with an exclamation mark. So for example:

"I'll be taking care of business! Those Spiders can't [...]"

Everyone do this, and look at every player's second post for it, and we will all know who our entire team is, a surefire way to achieve victory.

That's all for now, good hunting!

D'rek>>>>PB. Seriously, PB, what a waste.
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

Lisheo/Korlat:

Peanutbutta: Gamelon

Tapperlon:

Hehe, it's good to be playing again, I missed this.
Drank too much coffee and haven't had breakfast, and it shows.

I'm, of course, digging my own grave here through innocious spam, but since something better will come up, several people being annoyed with me is hardly a handicap, and if I am going to get through (and I doubt I'll stumble today), they'll all take me less than serious for a few days, which would be acceptable :D.

Bwlord, to tapper:

Am back.

Agree with all points. The spy power could simply be to know about NA's of course. But I think play it safe is a good idea. I was going to suggest not mentioning alts as well...great minds and all that.

How are we going to know if our extra winning condition person has gone, though without a full CF? Do we simply hope? I suppose our main aim is to stay alive long enough to get a handle on where to direct any action, or to try and direct any action to those that appear to be a threat.

I hope I haven't gone so deep undercover that this message doesn't make any sense. Lol.

Off to read the thread. There was other stuff I wanted to say, but best keep it little and often I guess.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hello, Eloth. It's your brother, Lisheo.
Seems we're Locke's symps, which means an opportunity to create absolute havoc. I'm going to be taking this game rather seriously, but it's good to have someone watching my back

Ello. Malaese here, but I'm going to be playing this game as bwgan. Wheee.

Oh, dear. And Bwgan not only has vigs but wants to use them...hahahah.

#29 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

Malaese is successful:

Bent (doesn't want to be spoilered):

Im gonna try and play from the outside. Lets see.

Eloth is bwgan and a power role. Possibly team leader, but maybe just a second in command.

GL and Gamelon are on the same team....too early for much, but thats what I see so far.

More later.

HDeanas:

Holy fuck. I'm kind of still awake. Kind of asleep. I don't know waht the fuck is going on. But Eloth is Bwgan.

Tapperlon:

I'd be content with taking no actions for now, personally, but feel free to contradict :)

To P-S: any provisional actions my partner submits/ changes are to be considered to be confirmed by me automatically, in case I am not around :)

Noted.

That somewhat uncomfortable feeling of a merc game, where you can say nothing and have to remain hidden, and lynches are going to be done on the premises of 'you are not with me, therefore, we lynch you...' - I'm having it right now, and predict a rather nonsensical day 1. Meh.

Bwlord:

To P-S: As per my partner's message - any provisional actions my partner submits/ changes are to be considered to be confirmed by me automatically, in case I am not around.

Prov night 1 - no action.

Noted and noted.

I bet you are all killing yourselves in SH with all the extra paranoia due to the spy dimension*.

And if anyone has noticed...although I doubt it yet. My posts are showing a marked deterioration in my spelling and grammar...it's an attempt at alt hiding...I might even try a bit of swearing now and then...but if it gets on to dragon sex then I'll have to concede defeat...I just can't...I don't think...maybe I could, if I had a drink...but then, I'm virtually teetotal see. :D

*Could be a title for a book...!

Sadly, I'm alone at the moment.

Lisheo/Korlat:

Well, to continue my tradition of trying to avoid being alt-guessed by playing unusually, let's be Tapper... I think I might just go out to buy a "top" later and return with LLL; letting me add in book knoweldge bit by bit :D

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

DiBs caught on fast...might be a short game for D'rek. Night 2 death, maybe.

View PostTellan, on Jul 6 2009, 12:49 PM, said:

You may now all duly note my arrival.
*Waves like a celebrity getting out of a car whilst "accidentally" showing some nudity*

bound to be, too randomt o be nout else. i say we kill the fuck :D

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

Vengeance/Rashan:

You're a soldier employed by The Spider (Kaschan), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. As a Camorran agent, you have been barred from using your weapons (you are roleless). If you die, you will CF as "a Camorran agent".

So I'm a SYMP.....Sweet....

Good to see you like it. :D

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

Kaschan/DiBs to HP/Obdi.

Morgoth is playing. He might be Rashan.

We need to find and kill him, and hope he wasn't on our team.

Thoughts?

fucking a, if we see that skinny bastard we off the bollix :D

will keep an eye out for him. havent really kept up with the thread yet.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

#33 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

I know I'm turning into Venge by sending all these messages, but damn it, I'm fucking bored by the slow pace of the game. Start posting, people, there are only 4 people with more posts than P-S and even less if all posts ment made as himself were made as P-S... mods shouldn't top the lists, dammit! Korlat aside, that is, he already has a scary amount of posts....

Tapper, impatient.

The game started a good 8 hours earlier than usual. :D Don't worry about the pace; I imagine it'll speed up as the ESTers get to work and the GMTers get home. And as I go to bed. :)

Yeah, but the bad news is that I made an ass out of myself before they came online, giving them something to pick & vote on, rather than providing them with an amusing distraction :)

Maybe you should've taken that into account before spamming haha.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

#34 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Venge/Rashan:

You're a soldier employed by The Spider (Kaschan), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. As a Camorran agent, you have been barred from using your weapons (you are roleless). If you die, you will CF as "a Camorran agent".

Good to see you like it. :D

Ok so I have been looking for spider references to see who might also be on my team.

Gamelon and Korlat are whom I am thinking of so far.

I would like to Steal someone weapons then Kill someone else... Then claim innocent as I am a RI with out weapons. Then Kill them all....

Is that allowed. :)

Sorry, no can do. :D

Mockra/Shinrei:

You're Bug, one of the Gentleman Bastards and therefore a follower of Locke Lamora (Emurlahn), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. You are roleless. If you die, you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".

Cool actually. I haven't been an RI in a while. Also, I am familiar with the books. I haven't read the second one, but the first was pretty good.

As RI with a lot of time on his hands, expect me to hash out stupid theories relatively frequently. :D

This is only based on the first book, so you're all set. :)

I'm looking forward to reading your theories, then. :D

No theories yet. But I think Gamelon is Dibs, because I have this irrational desire to kill him.

Might be a bit tough as an RI, though. =/ Good luck in that regard. lol

Provisional: Stare at Gamelon really hard with a cold flinty gaze.

Noted, then. Although I'm unsure how a gaze is "flinty".

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

View PostMentalist, on Jul 6 2009, 12:04 PM, said:

ninja-edit him in. that's what PS is for anyhow!

RE: forgetting rules: at least you were reminded before you've gone and killed him off... I don't think modding a mafia game ever made me feel that bad before...

Seems I missed your post in the sea of PM updates. D:

But yeah, it's good I caught it. And I could think of a few things that are worse when it comes to modding mafia...such as when I managed to send Morgoth Obdi's info earlier. :D Changed the info and all, though, so it's all good.

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

So Baudin, Breadmaster, and Drone have yet to check in.

#37 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

hmm
I'm around for a bit today (must go buy some stuff later, and I got a thing at work in the evening)

I'll go check the thread to see what the monkeys have been up to..
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

GL sends his comisserations:

I bet you are all killing yourselves in SH with all the extra paranoia due to the spy dimension*.

And if anyone has noticed...although I doubt it yet. My posts are showing a marked deterioration in my spelling and grammar...it's an attempt at alt hiding...I might even try a bit of swearing now and then...but if it gets on to dragon sex then I'll have to concede defeat...I just can't...I don't think...maybe I could, if I had a drink...but then, I'm virtually teetotal see.

*Could be a title for a book...!

Sadly, I'm alone at the moment.

Aaah, poor P-S . You mean you aren't having a party in SH?
Oh, well I'm not coming there then!

#39 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

What is the reason for the victory conditions? If one faction has a voting majority, filling one of the victory conditions, surely they can't not have killed or be about to kill their target? What am I missing?
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

me and vengy, conversing:

Good to see you like it.

Ok so I have been looking for spider references to see who might also be on my team.

Gamelon and Korlat are whom I am thinking of so far.

I would like to Steal someone weapons then Kill someone else... Then claim innocent as I am a RI with out weapons. Then Kill them all....

Is that allowed.

Sorry, no can do.

Well aren't you just a party pooper...

have I been alted yet...

maybe
-ment

Well I only have a couple of posts so it would be a very neat trick. I am going to play it low key and try to make it to the second day. Which unfortunately for you will mean that I will be lurking and sending you my confused rambling.

'tis unfortunate I won't be around all day to read them
-ment

Tapperlon:

I know I'm turning into Venge by sending all these messages, but damn it, I'm fucking bored by the slow pace of the game. Start posting, people, there are only 4 people with more posts than P-S and even less if all posts ment made as himself were made as P-S... mods shouldn't top the lists, dammit! Korlat aside, that is, he already has a scary amount of posts....

Tapper, impatient.

The game started a good 8 hours earlier than usual. Don't worry about the pace; I imagine it'll speed up as the ESTers get to work and the GMTers get home. And as I go to bed.

Yeah, but the bad news is that I made an ass out of myself before they came online, giving them something to pick & vote on, rather than providing them with an amusing distraction

Maybe you should've taken that into account before spamming haha.

Beggars can't be choosers

GLgan:

Oooh, Bent, that wasn't very nice . You know I was only teasing...you know I loves you really!

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users