Mafia 47.5 - Jihad! - spoilers enter for your 72 virgins and rivers of honey

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:32 PM

Path-shaper - topperspizza
Spoilers - paranoia

Jihad Radio Man

You have always had a gift for electronics. Too bad you grew up in a backwater third world country. The Jihad is on and you want to lend your expertise so you scavenged some busted ass radio gear and joined the effort.

During curfew hours the American soldiers are sending communications to each other. You may attempt to listen in by choosing channel 1, 2 or 3 to me in a PM. If you are correct you will get a PM with their communications, but not their names.

If you get bored of sitting in a hot ass room smoking inferior cigarettes and looking at the burqa catalog you can flip a switch, turn a knob and your radio becomes a bomb which you can strap on and become a martyr. You may do this by PM'ing the name of one player you want to suicide bomb (you die too) during the DAY. The two of you die and you get your rivers of honey and 72 virgins....you hope. This ends day immediately.

For the purposes of this game you are town, but still a non-denominational heathen.

Jihad suicide bomber

That's right you've got a nice vest with 20 pounds of C4 and three cylinders of rusty nails locked around your chest with a tamper proof switch. It sucks now, but remember if you blow yourself up in the name of Jihad, you get rivers of honey and 72 virgins in the afterlife...you hope. You can become a martyr and kill one other player during the DAY by PM'ing me (you die too of course). This immediately ends day.

For the purposes of this game you are town, but still a non-denominational heathen.

Special Forces Sniper

You're a goddamn American icon. You've trained your whole life to be able to legally kill people at up to 2,000 yards with one bullet. Well now is your chance. An American, XXXXXXX, is trapped in the buildings below and surrounded by jihad infidels trying to kill him. You are his only hope. Once per night, starting on the second night, you can kill one by PM'ing the name to me. Get some sniper!

You share a vig BP for the first day only!

Also, you guys CANNOT talk off thread, but you have limited radio communication during curfew hours by sending me one (1) PM with a message for your buddy in it. You must choose what frequency to broadcast on 1, 2 or 3. This is a warzone, remember your radio discipline soldier!

For the purposes of this game you are "not town", it's just the two of you against eight of them! You do not count towards your team's winning condition unless he dies, then you become the lone-American trapped in this city.

Chuck Malcolm Bauer

You are pretty much the most bad-ass American ever seen. So why did you get caught in this 10x10 shack with 8 infidels trying to kill you. Luckily, you got sniper support, XXXXXXX, on one of the nearby huts covering your ass. He's going to try and keep the infidels from getting in, but if he dies, it will be all up to you to do the killing.

Also, you guys CANNOT talk off thread, but you have limited radio communication during curfew hours by sending me one (1) PM with a message for you buddy in it. You must choose what frequency to broacast on 1, 2 or 3. This is a warzone, remember you radio discipline solider!

For the purposes of this game you are "not town", it's just the two of you against the eight of them!

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 01 July 2009 - 09:22 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:41 PM

suicide bomber ends day with no lynch - in the case of a close call use timestamps, there CANNOT be 2 bombers in the same day and bombers can only act during day.
sniper starts killing night 2
sniper dies chuck can kill
both americans can choose a different channel, radio man only gets part of the conversation but the americans always get the message.
If Chuck dies, the sniper becomes the lone American and can then win the game. Only while Chuck is alive does he not count towards the winning conditions of the team.

Night 1 -

Morgoth Channel 1 - msg below
Silencer - channel 2 - msg below
bgwan - channel 3

Night 2 -

Morgoth -
Silencer-
kill- dibs, if dead, then Venge
message-
bgwan - prov channel 3

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 02 July 2009 - 06:17 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:45 PM

1 radio man
2 sb
3 sb
4 sb
5 sb
6 sb
7 sb
8 sb
9 sniper
10 Chuck Malcom Bauer

random draw # 1745036928

Players
1bgwan - radioman
7Vengeance -bomber
4Impirion - bomber
5m45 -bomber (suicide bombed Day 1)
0Morgoth - Chuck
3Shin - bomber
6Drone -bomber (got blown up Day 1)
9Silencer -Sniper
2Slick Mongoose - bomber
8DIbs- bomber

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 02 July 2009 - 05:22 AM

#4 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:47 AM

Impirion said:

Jihad suicide bomber

That's right you've got a nice vest with 20 pounds of C4 and three cylinders of rusty nails locked around your chest with a tamper proof switch. It sucks now, but remember if you blow yourself up in the name of Jihad, you get rivers of honey and 72 virgins in the afterlife...you hope. You can become a martyr and kill one other player during the DAY by PM'ing me (you die too of course). This immediately ends day.

Only 20 pounds of C4? I want 200 damn it! Me likee suicide role though, bound to get me plenty of curses when I manage to blow up an inno healer or guard or something....

Dirka dirka muhammed Jihad!

What's a zero amongst friends....200 it is!

dibs said:

Jihad suicide bomber

is it bad that i want to blow up m orgy already :Oops:

maybe hold off a bit :p

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 01 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

#5 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:53 AM

Disclaimer - before I spoil anyone I ran this exact same set-up on another site and it went quite well down to 2v1 Day 4 with the sniper claiming a victory so hopefully it goes as well here. It has the potential to end in about 8 hours people get night provisionals in and keep blowing each other up which is part of the fun!

Also, I might have been known to bitch about "random" draws in the past, but I'll be fucked if Morg and Silencer didn't get the two "not-town" roles randomly. Should be quite fun to watch.

#6 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

It's day 1. 24 hours left of the day

10 players are still alive: bgwan, drinksinbars, Drone, Impirion, morgoth45, Morgoth, Shinrei, Silencer, Slick Mongoose,
Vengeance

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night

10 players have not voted: bgwan, drinksinbars, Drone, Impirion, morgoth45, Morgoth, Shinrei, Silencer, Slick Mongoose,
Vengeance

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 01 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

#7 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

Silencer said:

Special Forces Sniper

You're a goddamn American icon. You've trained your whole life to be able to legally kill people at up to 2,000 yards with one bullet. Well now is your chance. An American, Morgoth, is trapped in the buildings below and surrounded by jihad infidels trying to kill him. You are his only hope. Once per night, starting on the second night, you can kill one by PM'ing the name to me. Get some sniper!

Also, you guys CANNOT talk off thread, but you have limited radio communication during curfew hours by sending me one (1) PM with a message for your buddy in it. You must choose what frequency to broadcast on 1, 2 or 3. This is a warzone, remember your radio discipline soldier!

For the purposes of this game you are "not town", it's just the two of you against eight of them! You do not count towards your team's winning condition unless he dies, then you become the lone-American trapped in this city.

Awww, fuck yes!

I wubs you. :p

Oh, and this is Morgoth, not morgoth45, right? So, a night kill every night starting the second night, limited comms. I assume that someone on the enemy team has a chance of listening in to one frequency too...so might not do that unless I'm (we're) desperate...better if we don't play together at all. Seeing as I know him, he must know me, which is good. No back-stabbing. XD

oohrah!

Morgy the admin is your partner correct. curfew = night btw, I forgot to change the wording when I copied over the role PM's.

morgoth said:

Chuck Malcolm Bauer

You are pretty much the most bad-ass American ever seen. So why did you get caught in this 10x10 shack with 8 infidels trying to kill you. Luckily, you got sniper support, Silencer, on one of the nearby huts covering your ass. He's going to try and keep the infidels from getting in, but if he dies, it will be all up to you to do the killing.

Also, you guys CANNOT talk off thread, but you have limited radio communication during curfew hours by sending me one (1) PM with a message for you buddy in it. You must choose what frequency to broacast on 1, 2 or 3. This is a warzone, remember you radio discipline solider!

For the purposes of this game you are "not town", it's just the two of you against the eight of them!

cool... sooo, I'm not the killer at this poitn but will be if Silencer dies? Huh, that'll be the day.

If i'm sort of a replacement killer, then by god I'll make a chaos with DiBs :Oops:

1bgwan
2Vengeance
3Impirion
4m45
5Morgoth
6Shin
7Drone
8Silencer
9Slick Mongoose
10 DIbs

it's cool actually, I've not really played with a lot of these guys before.

Enjoy!

so i've understood the role as right as you can tell me and have no night actions, correct?

Incorrect. You can send 1 message to your partner a night. You must choose a frequency to transmit on, 1, 2 or 3. You CANNOT communicate off thread otherwise. You can submit a provisional message during the day, which is encouraged. If he dies then you get the kill as a night action as well.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 01 July 2009 - 11:07 AM

#8 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

morgoth said:

All right.. Hm, I assume then since we have to chose that somewhere out there there's a player who can intercept communications.. perhaps heal too, just to be difficult. Hmm

Well, you said there'd be a lot of death. Jihan implies a ninja/suicide role or three, and it would be just my luck for DiBs to get that. The dirty irish leprechaun can't keep his grubby fingers away from my delicate Norwegian hide..

At the same time it's so much more fun when he plays than when he's dead. And in all honesty I don't think he'll want to kill me just for being me, though you never know.

Preferably I would want them to kill silencer somehow so that I can murder DiBs with my bare hands :p

most of these players are fairly new, so little danger of vendettas against me, perhaps apart from m45 after his little squid thing :Oops:

paranoia indeed...

#9 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

Morgoth said:

All right, this is my message for now.

"Hey boyo. Obviously were meant to use this to communicate but I find that way too risky as I believe someone have the power to intercept our communication. Why else would we chose between three frequncies? So I suggest we try to have a little fun. After tonight I will start sending bogus messages to you, trying to implicate other people than the two of us through their content. Hopefully whomever is listening in will snatch up a few and act on the wrong info.

I don't see a particular need communicating with you as I trust your ability to pick out night kills and this way we'll be more difficult to spot too.

love,
Morgoth"

Noted. Please choose a frequency.

#10 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

• Analyst of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

Interesting. So Morgoth is putting his name into the post? He should use someone else's name like DiBs lol.

Also, pretty hilarious DiBs wants to blow up Morg and Morg is scared of DiBs. Should be funny if someone tries to suicide him Day 1.

#11 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

So late last night someone was viewing SH as a guest, it was probably Lish, but I asked Morg to make a change to the forum permissions and remove guest viewing from SH, a good thing to do regardless. However, I think "game alts" were tied to the guest permission levels because now Path-Shaper can't see SH either. Which is rather hilarious, obviously I can see it from my account. So I just made a lot of extra work for myself.....
QUOTE (morgoth45)
That's been established as scientific fact. For those of you who are familiar with science, you know it proves nothing conclusively as there can always be an anomaly, but a scientific law is something that is true 90% of the time.

#12 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Best ask him to turn it back on then because otherwise you're going to be busy trying to copy/paste all that crap between accounts.

#13 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

Hey I see you aren't using Mafia Manager. Just don't' feel like setting it up or something?

#14 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

View PostPeanutbutta, on Jul 1 2009, 08:14 AM, said:

Best ask him to turn it back on then because otherwise you're going to be busy trying to copy/paste all that crap between accounts.

....gonna smack you....right in the mouth....

Morgoth said:

All right, this is my message for now.

"Hey boyo. Obviously were meant to use this to communicate but I find that way too risky as I believe someone have the power to intercept our communication. Why else would we chose between three frequncies? So I suggest we try to have a little fun. After tonight I will start sending bogus messages to you, trying to implicate other people than the two of us through their content. Hopefully whomever is listening in will snatch up a few and act on the wrong info.

I don't see a particular need communicating with you as I trust your ability to pick out night kills and this way we'll be more difficult to spot too.

love,
Morgoth"

Noted. Please choose a frequency.

humhdidum.. 1 seems a good one as any

Vengeance said:

Jihad suicide bomber

Sweet..... Ticking time bomb... I like it... If I am about to get lynched I will Definitely take someone out with me... :Oops:

Peanutbutta said:

You are the fat Jihadist, the 8 others ran ahead and you lost them. Sorry, better luck next time.

pw = paranoia

LOL!

Slick Mongoose said:

Jihad suicide bomber

Let me guess..... We've all got the same role. Right? :p

Negative.

morgoth45 said:

Jihad suicide bomber

Nice. Allah Ackbar!

QUOTE (morgoth45)
That's been established as scientific fact. For those of you who are familiar with science, you know it proves nothing conclusively as there can always be an anomaly, but a scientific law is something that is true 90% of the time.

#15 User is offline   Breadmaster 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jun 30 2009, 10:32 PM, said:

The sun rises over a war torn city. Bomb craters pock the road and major buildings are nothing but rumble. Ground fighting has ranged all over the city most of the night. One lone soldier was separated from his unit and has holed-up somewhere in a nearby city block. He is no normal soldier though. Seemingly unbelievable reports stream in that he killed at least twenty of you with nothing but his bare hands when he ran out of ammunition.

You take up your positions, surrounding the area of his last known position. You are tensed, waiting for your chance to spot him and end this.

Jihad is on! You may die for your non-denominational yet heathen beliefs, but you are going to take this soldier with you and get your rivers of honey and 73.5 virgins!

One of you brags to the others...I've lived through three of these already....just as a stray ricochet catches him in the temple.

Breadmaster is dead, he was of the town.

Awesome. Thanks for finally killing me off before the end of the game.
Evil is on the rise!

#16 User is offline   Breadmaster 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

I also find it interesting Morgoth included his name. Typically you wanna create WIFOM on other players, not on yourself.

My one concern is that if Silencer isn't on for long periods of time (like last game), a fast suicide bomb could mean a skipped kill with only 4 hour nights. That would kinda suck for them.
Evil is on the rise!

#17 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

I'm interested to see how it plays out with the time-zones. Hopefully, there is enough overlap that people still go at it pretty good.
QUOTE (morgoth45)

#18 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

lol @ m45 turning into a religious forum when you went out of your way to make it non-denominational heathen, lol.

10 bucks says m45 is the first to get blown up/lynched.

#19 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

WHY ARE DIBS AND MORGY STILL ALIVE? THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#20 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

hey I'm back.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users