• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Minis I hereby move...

#41 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

for one thing i would suggest the minis are always altless.

#42 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on Jun 17 2009, 09:23 AM, said:

for one thing i would suggest the minis are always altless.

Well right there that would speed things up considerably... Not to mention allow feuds to die a quick and sudden death. ;)
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#43 User is offline   Knucklehead 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Games, girls, food, girls, books, girls... did I mention girls?

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

I could finally nail STD. I cast OVER 9000 votes for that amendment. And I vote for the 36 hours - 10 day max. I agree 12-16 players is the max we should allow, otherwise we wind up in Deepgate hell a second time.
Save the fine arts, shoot a rapper

#44 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

And not actively playing in both should be a rule, not a suggestion. The only problem might be if a mini drags on (for whatever reason) and people still playing in it are keen on playing the next proper game. If done right, there should be 1.5 - 2 minis for each full game. That way the people who miss sign-ups or have limited time can get their fix in either and the growing number of people in spoilers should be able to make the second. The minis should follow a set format (possibly the points thing that someone spoke about), with the choice between the number of finders/guards/symps following a guide but at the mod's discretion. Still, nothing above TMDI 2 or 3.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#45 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

View Postalt146, on Jun 17 2009, 10:45 AM, said:

And not actively playing in both should be a rule, not a suggestion. The only problem might be if a mini drags on (for whatever reason) and people still playing in it are keen on playing the next proper game. If done right, there should be 1.5 - 2 minis for each full game. That way the people who miss sign-ups or have limited time can get their fix in either and the growing number of people in spoilers should be able to make the second. The minis should follow a set format (possibly the points thing that someone spoke about), with the choice between the number of finders/guards/symps following a guide but at the mod's discretion. Still, nothing above TMDI 2 or 3.

If you can't (actively) be playing in both, then that means minis can't start until about 10 players are killed in the main game. If the two games go at the same rate, then the big game will probably usually end a bit before the mini. So then what? If you start the 2nd mini right then then there is a mini with about 8 people just starting and maybe 4 or so left in the 1st mini, so 12 players who can't join a new large game. And then you'd have to wait for the minis to finish to start the next big game.

I'd say after about 10 people have died in main game, start a mini with them. Wait until both games are over (if neither are dragging) and then start up a new big game, with no new mini until about 10 people have died from that main game. 1.5 minis and a big game all at once doesn't sound like it'll work to me...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#46 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

View PostD'rek, on Jun 17 2009, 09:52 AM, said:

If you can't (actively) be playing in both, then that means minis can't start until about 10 players are killed in the main game. If the two games go at the same rate, then the big game will probably usually end a bit before the mini. So then what? If you start the 2nd mini right then then there is a mini with about 8 people just starting and maybe 4 or so left in the 1st mini, so 12 players who can't join a new large game. And then you'd have to wait for the minis to finish to start the next big game.

I'd say after about 10 people have died in main game, start a mini with them. Wait until both games are over (if neither are dragging) and then start up a new big game, with no new mini until about 10 people have died from that main game. 1.5 minis and a big game all at once doesn't sound like it'll work to me...

I agree with this....

#47 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

View PostVengeance, on Jun 17 2009, 08:05 AM, said:

I agree with this....

Just post the sign up on the morning of Day 2 and when it reaches 12 players the game starts. Remember people always miss signups, get spoilered in to tune the game or don't want to play a big game and 2-3 people should be dead already. 10 players dead is a long time to wait.
QUOTE (morgoth45)
That's been established as scientific fact. For those of you who are familiar with science, you know it proves nothing conclusively as there can always be an anomaly, but a scientific law is something that is true 90% of the time.

#48 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

View PostMalaese, on Jun 17 2009, 05:18 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on Jun 17 2009, 08:05 AM, said:

I agree with this....

Just post the sign up on the morning of Day 2 and when it reaches 12 players the game starts. Remember people always miss signups, get spoilered in to tune the game or don't want to play a big game and 2-3 people should be dead already. 10 players dead is a long time to wait.

This sounds like a better idea - part of the thing with the mini's is to try lessen the need for huge games and there should be enough players to only have to wait a day or two before the mini starts. My game had 18 players and around 8 people spoilered at the start - most of the spectators could maybe have played in a mini instead. Once we've done a couple of games we should be able to tell how many minis will fit in the space of a full game. Like I said, I estimate one and a bit, but that may not be practical.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#49 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:08 PM

I don't think running two games at the same time will ever work.
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#50 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

View PostGem Windcaster, on Jun 17 2009, 06:08 PM, said:

I don't know, I quite like the idea of running two identical 10 player games at the same time and seeing what happens. Complicated ones might make it tough though...
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#51 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

View PostGem Windcaster, on Jun 17 2009, 07:08 PM, said:

I agree with mme Chair.

A shared Spoiler Heaven with double mod teams (neither of which can play in the other) limits the availability of players.
Then you get people who really want to play in mod Xs setup of setting Y but rather not in game Z, the dreaded 'elite' syndrome;
People who want to play roled, become RI, suicide in disappointment and try to join the second game,
or, worse, can't fill one game, so add a player already playing in the other, only for that guy to screw up and breaking 2 games because he mistakes game 1 for 2 and vice versa, or even worse, modkills of a player playing in 2 games and disturbing the balance in both... those will quickly turn into problems.

To circumvent that, if we do two mini's at the same time, I think they should be both M & P, both the same mod-team, both the same set-up, one monitored from Hugin & Mugin and the other from P-S for night actions, very limited SH to make it manageable. That I could believe in - what you get are two very fast, very basic games, 10 players max each.
And mods who need a holiday after running two games at once.
And even then, you might get reveals/CF in one game that influence the other.

Damn, I'm good at imagining hurdles.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#52 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

It literally takes less than a minute to create a new Mini-spoiler forum. Admin logs onto admin cp, scrolls down to new forum, types in a name, selects from a drop-down which category it resides under and sets a password for it.
QUOTE (morgoth45)
That's been established as scientific fact. For those of you who are familiar with science, you know it proves nothing conclusively as there can always be an anomaly, but a scientific law is something that is true 90% of the time.

#53 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

View PostTapper, on Jun 17 2009, 12:20 PM, said:

View PostGem Windcaster, on Jun 17 2009, 07:08 PM, said:

I agree with mme Chair.

A shared Spoiler Heaven with double mod teams (neither of which can play in the other) limits the availability of players.
Then you get people who really want to play in mod Xs setup of setting Y but rather not in game Z, the dreaded 'elite' syndrome;
People who want to play roled, become RI, suicide in disappointment and try to join the second game,
or, worse, can't fill one game, so add a player already playing in the other, only for that guy to screw up and breaking 2 games because he mistakes game 1 for 2 and vice versa, or even worse, modkills of a player playing in 2 games and disturbing the balance in both... those will quickly turn into problems.

To circumvent that, if we do two mini's at the same time, I think they should be both M & P, both the same mod-team, both the same set-up, one monitored from Hugin & Mugin and the other from P-S for night actions, very limited SH to make it manageable. That I could believe in - what you get are two very fast, very basic games, 10 players max each.
And mods who need a holiday after running two games at once.
And even then, you might get reveals/CF in one game that influence the other.

Damn, I'm good at imagining hurdles.

Yes you are.... ;)

#54 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:45 PM

The 'mini' wouldn't be able to use alts if we are running two at once.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#55 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

View PostObdigore, on Jun 17 2009, 07:45 PM, said:

The 'mini' wouldn't be able to use alts if we are running two at once.

not true. there's some 30 available. D'rek is working on adding avatars to a number of them these days
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#56 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

people are thinking about it too much. a 24 hour day and a 12 hour night. no alts, max 12 players. standardised setup with rotating mods. seperate mini spoiler heaven (not necessarily with a password either). once 12 people are available run the mini. regardless of the main game.

people can easily play in more than one game, some of us do it in different forums so why not here? if people are seen to being purposefully apathetic then they can be black marked, it seems a draconic step to stop people playing in both for no reason. rather we can just give priority to those not playing in the big game.

the major advantage to this will be to remove the minis from the play list and allow the larger games to be played at a quicker pace. even the so calle dminis on that list are rarely minis.

#57 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

I can see your addiction from here....
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#58 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

tbh i just dont really enjoy the mind fuck games as much as the meat and potatoes so having to wait weeks on end for a game i want to play in is kinda frustrating.

#59 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on Jun 17 2009, 12:46 PM, said:

tbh i just dont really enjoy the mind fuck games as much as the meat and potatoes so having to wait weeks on end for a game i want to play in is kinda frustrating.

QFT
QUOTE (morgoth45)

#60 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

qft? quest for toffees?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users