Malazan Empire: Spoilers- Deepgate Mini - Malazan Empire

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers- Deepgate Mini Morgoth, don't kill us.

#41 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

Fenergoth

You are a Mesmerist, a servant to the King of Hell, and an all-round evil fellow. Because of your long sojourn in Hell, you're back with some interesting powers. You can bend the will of another person, and make them serve you. Unless they are particularly strong-willed. Then you are just going to have to get horribly angry. Once a night, you can attempt to convert another player to your team. Menoa has noticed you are a little outnumbered here, and so, in his infinite kindness, hired a master swordsman, Kessobahn to help you out. Also, if you die, you can pass your recruiting abilities on to your first recruit. Kessobahn will learn of the identity of each recruit.

PM me if there are any problems or questions. smile.gif

heyhey, this is pretty cool. I've never been cult before. Hmm.. I'll have to feel this game out some to find how to play it I guess... and I have a killer too? That sounds almost overpowered. Perhaps he can only kill every second day or so. It remaisn to be seen. No communication I guess?

Right, to the game as a whole. I'm the mesmerist faction, which I guess should leave a faction for the god of fog and brine (costipol, john Anchor, the dead army or perhaps the plainsmen as the remaining players I guess), the god of flowers and knives (the god and those crazy soldiers of his, perhaps those other angels, god of clocks and so on?), and the people from chasm city (dill, alive or as a shade, the spine assassin and hasp)..

This leaves Basillis with his sorceres (one role I'd think), Carnival, and the mesmerist woman looking for her husband. If you've decided to use less prominent characters, then I dunno, but these would be the main guess.

I guess Basillis should be in Hasps team. Carnival could be a serial killer I guess, growing in power as she kills or something. The mesmerist woman accompany Costipol in parts of the second and third book so she seems likely to be there.

So then, now that I've shown off my knowledge of the books, I'll try to look at the mechanics.

I assume that I cannot recruit the Angels, that would be weird.. perhaps apart from Hasp, he's got a parasite in his head forcing him to obey me after all. So, there's at least 3 players immune (probably more if there are several angels here. Carnival is absolutely not recruitable I'd think.. Hm, Basillis too would be immune. Bah, perhaps I'm thinking too much.

So, this could be something like the culture game, in which case I need to go for the symps. So, picking out the symps then, should be my main objective. I hope my fighter will know to hunt for the high power roles.

Wait, you've never been Cult? :D No communication I'm afraid. And wow, you really have paid attention to the books... :D Actually, I organised the roles so that knowing the books wouldnt grant you a huge advantage (considering the tiny wiki pages on them, I felt it would be unfair); so you may find that some of the teams aren't quite what you expect.

He knows his books. :p I'm tempted to tell him Kessobahn isn't quite what he thinks he is, but nah... :p
Interestingly, he's already picked up on the symps, so the other teams might be in trouble already, knowing Morgoth! :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

You are a Mesmerist, a servant to the King of Hell, and an all-round evil fellow. Because of your long sojourn in Hell, you're back with some interesting powers. You can bend the will of another person, and make them serve you. Unless they are particularly strong-willed. Then you are just going to have to get horribly angry. Once a night, you can attempt to convert another player to your team. Menoa has noticed you are a little outnumbered here, and so, in his infinite kindness, hired a master swordsman, Kessobahn to help you out. Also, if you die, you can pass your recruiting abilities on to your first recruit. Kessobahn will learn of the identity of each recruit.

PM me if there are any problems or questions. smile.gif

heyhey, this is pretty cool. I've never been cult before. Hmm.. I'll have to feel this game out some to find how to play it I guess... and I have a killer too? That sounds almost overpowered. Perhaps he can only kill every second day or so. It remaisn to be seen. No communication I guess?

Right, to the game as a whole. I'm the mesmerist faction, which I guess should leave a faction for the god of fog and brine (costipol, john Anchor, the dead army or perhaps the plainsmen as the remaining players I guess), the god of flowers and knives (the god and those crazy soldiers of his, perhaps those other angels, god of clocks and so on?), and the people from chasm city (dill, alive or as a shade, the spine assassin and hasp)..

This leaves Basillis with his sorceres (one role I'd think), Carnival, and the mesmerist woman looking for her husband. If you've decided to use less prominent characters, then I dunno, but these would be the main guess.

I guess Basillis should be in Hasps team. Carnival could be a serial killer I guess, growing in power as she kills or something. The mesmerist woman accompany Costipol in parts of the second and third book so she seems likely to be there.

So then, now that I've shown off my knowledge of the books, I'll try to look at the mechanics.

I assume that I cannot recruit the Angels, that would be weird.. perhaps apart from Hasp, he's got a parasite in his head forcing him to obey me after all. So, there's at least 3 players immune (probably more if there are several angels here. Carnival is absolutely not recruitable I'd think.. Hm, Basillis too would be immune. Bah, perhaps I'm thinking too much.

So, this could be something like the culture game, in which case I need to go for the symps. So, picking out the symps then, should Proxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 my main objective. I hope my fighter will know to hunt for the high power roles.

Wait, you've never been Cult? tongue.gif No communication I'm afraid. And wow, you really have paid attention to the books... biggrin.gif Actually, I organised the roles so that knowing the books wouldnt grant you a huge advantage (considering the tiny wiki pages on them, I felt it would be unfair); so you may find that some of the teams aren't quite what you expect.

huh, well that's a bummer.

btb, Gamelon is my provisional. He's the most active so least likely to be a power role when it's this early wink.gif

Duely noted. smile.gif

Morgoth, right on the money.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

If they don't kill him off in the first couple of days this game could turn into a huge riot.... :D

Looking good
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#44 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

Shinvalain

I did some quick internet searches and found some of the characters from the series. I don't know if the info will help much - there wasn't much about my character beyond what you already told me (that I'm a thaumaturge and my relation to my partner). If I had to guess, my other two faction members are Dill and Rachel Hael since my partner and I allegedly helped them in the series.

Except, those two are obviously major characters and that would potentially make our faction hella powerful if that's the case. So, I'm not going to assume I've figured anything out at all. I would think there'd be at least one 'flunky' in our group, unless everyone in the game is super-powered.

The one thing in-thread that already struck me was Korlat's use of French. Made me immediately think of the character named "Carnival".

So...will looking up info on the series help or hinder me (that's a rhetorical question, I'm not fishing for info)

You do realize of course, this mafia game will work like an advertisement for these books tongue.gif

Well, as I said somewhere, I've shifted the teams around so knowing the books will not give you a huge advantage. :)
And yeah, that was a plan of mine :p Especially as I plan to run a full, more complex game with the same theme at some point :D

I must say, I like Shin's play a lot. He's clever, seems to work things out for himself, and looks like he's exceptionally lucky (French with Carnival, that's impressively wtf luck).

Yeah, Morgy is never gonna be allowed play a cult again, I reckon... :D

#45 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

Morgy/Fener

Ah well, I'm off to the gym , but will be back.

:snigger: Ahahahahahahahahah......... Sorry....Ahahahahahhahaah..... No really...... He is skinner then me.... :snigger:

This post has been edited by Vengeance: 04 June 2009 - 01:57 PM

How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#46 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

Silanahbutta

You are John Caulker, and everything was going great, until you and your former partner tried to rob the prodigously stong Jonh Anchor (Rashan). Now your former partner is a former messy stain on the ground, and Anchor has recruited you to help him. You have other allies on your team, but you don't know them very well. Although, you don't like them. You don't like much these days.

PM me if you have any thoughts smile.gif

Hrm... so I'm an RI and I know who my faction's leader is but can't talk to him off-thread? Works for me.

#47 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

D'ralt

You are a Heshette Tribesman, following your leader Ramnir (Telas), who is in turn following John Anchor (Rashan). There are three of you tribesmen left, in total, besides Ramnir. You also have other allies, at least two, who you don't know very well.

PM me if you have any thoughts or problems. smile.gif

Hehe, cool. Gotta go to work now, so I will play later. Guess a wiki of the theme is in order, I have no idea what any of that means tongue.gif

Ha, I can't honestly remember if wiki is any good on the subject tongue.gif
But basically, Rashan is your faction leader, and Telas is another member of your faction, and you know there are two other basically RIs in your faction, at least.
Any questions, feel free to shoot em out smile.gif
As so many people haven't read the books, I'm on hand to help.

I got that much from it, but Ramnir and heshette and john anchor all mean nothing to me tongue.gif At least wanna try guess what my leader's actions might be, or subtle ways to signal. Also, are you using the manager? Let me know if you are, I was playing on tweaking it a little sometime soon, but it can wait till I'm dead.

I am... I was originally planning on keeping this old school for various reasons, but I have to say, I find the manager as it is rather nice. smile.gif

I wont be changing anything major - just tweak the look a little and see if I can get it to stop deselecting the timer when you want to copy the votecount. Still have to test everything on my home setup first, so it will be a while before I make the changes. Oldschool is overrated tongue.gif Feel the power of the manager young one.

Alos, the wiki on the series sucks - All I could find out about is John Anchor, who is apparently big and indestructable. Still have no idea what's going on, but it looks like noone else does either smile.gif

The wiki is just a little crap, I have discovered... :)
This game may or may not act like advertising for the series... Considering I have a bigger, more complex game with the same theme planned, it's probably better :D
Hmm, the timer thing doesnt really bother me anyway. :D
Oldschool is awesome, by the way.

#48 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

View PostVengeance, on Jun 4 2009, 01:51 PM, said:

Morgy/Fener

Ah well, I'm off to the gym , but will be back.

:snigger: Ahahahahahahahahah......... Sorry....Ahahahahahhahaah..... No really...... He is skinner then me.... :snigger:

Ha! He is quite skinny, according to the pics Maccy(?) posted... :D
The spoiler heaven name has been changed accordingly. :)

#49 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

D'ralt

You are a Heshette Tribesman, following your leader Ramnir (Telas), who is in turn following John Anchor (Rashan). There are three of you tribesmen left, in total, besides Ramnir. You also have other allies, at least two, who you don't know very well.

PM me if you have any thoughts or problems. smile.gif

Hehe, cool. Gotta go to work now, so I will play later. Guess a wiki of the theme is in order, I have no idea what any of that means tongue.gif

Ha, I can't honestly remember if wiki is any good on the subject tongue.gif
But basically, Rashan is your faction leader, and Telas is another member of your faction, and you know there are two other basically RIs in your faction, at least.
Any questions, feel free to shoot em out smile.gif
As so many people haven't read the books, I'm on hand to help.

I got that much from it, but Ramnir and heshette and john anchor all mean nothing to me tongue.gif At least wanna try guess what my leader's actions might be, or subtle ways to signal. Also, are you using the manager? Let me know if you are, I was playing on tweaking it a little sometime soon, but it can wait till I'm dead.

I am... I was originally planning on keeping this old school for various reasons, but I have to say, I find the manager as it is rather nice. smile.gif

I wont be changing anything major - just tweak the look a little and see if I can get it to stop deselecting the timer when you want to copy the votecount. Still have to test everything on my home setup first, so it will be a while before I make the changes. Oldschool is overrated tongue.gif Feel the power of the manager young one.

Alos, the wiki on the series sucks - All I could find out about is John Anchor, who is apparently big and indestructable. Still have no idea what's going on, but it looks like noone else does either smile.gif

The wiki is just a little crap, I have discovered... tongue.gif
This game may or may not act like advertising for the series... Considering I have a bigger, more complex game with the same theme planned, it's probably better tongue.gif
Hmm, the timer thing doesnt really bother me anyway. tongue.gif
Oldschool is awesome, by the way.

Until you end up with someone voting for two people as well as in the not voted list, but somehow missing from the players still alive list... And your clock is off by two hours tongue.gif

Ah, I have a careful, streamlined system to solve that. I have about twelve notepad documents open, as well as both P-S and my account doing things.
-Lish, got it under control :)

Actually have you considered a page for dealing with just night actions? I didn't notice one.

#50 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

Tellaese

Silanah sounds like Pb and he probably just woke up. Let's see if I can alt guess him after one post.

WTF

I thought I was able to alt-guess Grief fast, jesus, that is scary stuff... :)

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

D'rekorlat

You are Carnival. You are an angel. You are also a serious badass. Once a night, you can choose to drink from someone. Of course, in order to escape notice by others, you can only wound them a little.
It takes two of your wounds to kill them. You're that badass.
You also have two companions, Meanas and Ruse. They don't know where (who/your alt) you are at the moment, so be careful.

PM me if there are any problems. smile.gif

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I do believe I am going to enjoy making some cocktails out of peoples' blood! I'm sure I'll think up some questions later, but for now it's just "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Glad you like. tongue.gif

3000 year-old blood-drinking demi-god angel who feeds on innocents, and kicks the ass of anyone who gets in her way - what's not to like (besides the daddy issues)?

mmk, so I thought of a few questions/assumptions that I should double-check with you just to make sure I don't do something dumb. Obviously if there's questions you can't answer that's totally cool, just plz let me know you can't answer them so I ain't left hangin'!

1. People don't learn anything about me when I wound them for the first time, right? Do they even know they're 'wounded'?

2. When I wound someone for the first time, does that stay for the whole game? (ie could I drink from Tellann night 1 and then not do so again until night 10 and still kill them?)

3. Do Meanas and Ruse know that they have a third, unnamed, companion, or do they think they're a group of 2?

4. Is this based entirely on Scar Night or is there some Iron Angel/God of Clocks/Lye Street in it?

5. Are we gonna get some kinky Rachael-Carnival action in the scenes?

All the best!

1- No, they don't know. :)
2- The wound will stay; unless someone else finishes them off, or they are healed.
3- They do know you are about, they don't know who you are though.
4- We have some Iron Angel in it, I didn't think it would be fair to use God of Clocks as its technically not out yet.
5- ... :D

#52 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

Gamesixty

Hp - Dkt
At least I think so, unless Silencer is around GMT+5 or whatever in which case it might be him. Shinrei doesn't usually post like that iirc.

Correct!!!
Then again, DK usually isn't hard to alt-guess. :)

#53 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

D'rekorlat

You are Carnival. You are an angel. You are also a serious badass. Once a night, you can choose to drink from someone. Of course, in order to escape notice by others, you can only wound them a little.
It takes two of your wounds to kill them. You're that badass.
You also have two companions, Meanas and Ruse. They don't know where (who/your alt) you are at the moment, so be careful.

PM me if there are any problems. smile.gif

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I do believe I am going to enjoy making some cocktails out of peoples' blood! I'm sure I'll think up some questions later, but for now it's just "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Glad you like. tongue.gif

3000 year-old blood-drinking demi-god angel who feeds on innocents, and kicks the ass of anyone who gets in her way - what's not to like (besides the daddy issues)?

mmk, so I thought of a few questions/assumptions that I should double-check with you just to make sure I don't do something dumb. Obviously if there's questions you can't answer that's totally cool, just plz let me know you can't answer them so I ain't left hangin'!

1. People don't learn anything about me when I wound them for the first time, right? Do they even know they're 'wounded'?

2. When I wound someone for the first time, does that stay for the whole game? (ie could I drink from Tellann night 1 and then not do so again until night 10 and still kill them?)

3. Do Meanas and Ruse know that they have a third, unnamed, companion, or do they think they're a group of 2?

4. Is this based entirely on Scar Night or is there some Iron Angel/God of Clocks/Lye Street in it?

5. Are we gonna get some kinky Rachael-Carnival action in the scenes?

All the best!

1- No, they don't know. smile.gif
2- The wound will stay; unless someone else finishes them off, or they are healed.
3- They do know you are about, they don't know who you are though.
4- We have some Iron Angel in it, I didn't think it would be fair to use God of Clocks as its technically not out yet.
5- ... biggrin.gif

Allright, thanks, yummy stuff! That healing bit could be a hindrance but the odds are probably fairly good if I wanna set up some kills for later.

I'm trying to think about the characters and the teams, especially because of the whole unequal sizes aspect of the factions, which leaves 5 starting possibilities since I know there's a group of 3.

So initially my guess is that I'm with Dill and Rachel, there's a Devon faction (maybe just him), a citizenry faction with Mark and Nettle and then a priestly faction with Sypes and Fogwill. Cult would be either priests or Devon. Of course the big question is whether any players are gods...

Bear in mind each faction could include characters from Iron Angel; we have quite a few of those. biggrin.gif

Yeah, but I don't know much of anything about Iron Angel...

I do know the main 'posse' expands to include Mina and Alice, apparently, but that doesn't bode well for my idea of being a threesome with Dill and Rachael.

Ah, wikipedia page for Iron Angel is much better. Okay, let's try this again:

-Carnival, Dill, Rachael (can't think of anyone other chars I'd be paired with)
-Cospinol, John Anchor, Jack Caulker
-Menoa, Archonites and other demonic minions, maybe Rys?
-Sypes, Fogwill, Mark, Nettle, Ulcis, maybe Trench

Numbers don't work out, but this is just rought work of course!

If you liked Scar Night, you should get Iron Angel, it's rather awesome. :)
Hmm, interesting thoughts... :D

#54 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jun 4 2009, 03:15 PM, said:

Tellaese

Silanah sounds like Pb and he probably just woke up. Let's see if I can alt guess him after one post.

WTF

If memory serves i've been alt guessed after one post before. The heroes game for one :D

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#55 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

Game looks interesting so far :)

Cougar said:

worry said:

#56 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

Silanah, correcting my fail-role pm :)

You are John Caulker, and everything was going great, until you and your former partner tried to rob the prodigously stong Jonh Anchor (Rashan). Now your former partner is a former messy stain on the ground, and Anchor has recruited you to help him. You have other allies on your team, but you don't know them very well. Although, you don't like them. You don't like much these days.

PM me if you have any thoughts smile.gif

The wiki entry says my name is "Jack Caulker" not John, and it says I'm trying to destroy John Anchor by stealing his magic jewelz.

So I want to kill him now, thanks.

God damn it, I wrote those up last night at 3am, I knew I should have checked the names... biggrin.gif
For the purpose of this game, I haven't actually spoiled much of the story, or kept it too accurate... Cus, you know, ppls who haven't read the books would be at something of a disadvantage then.

Well you didn't answer my other mail then.

The RI one? You were bang on the money with that, didn't realise you were checking tongue.gif
You are essentially an RI, and John Anchor's symp.

Sweet maybe I can become the new leader if he dies. Incoming votes for Rashan imo.

wink.gif

Distancing/treachery ftw, eh?

#57 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

I prefer the trachery idea :)

Cougar said:

worry said:

#58 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

View PostGrief, on Jun 4 2009, 03:29 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jun 4 2009, 03:15 PM, said:

Tellaese

WTF

If memory serves i've been alt guessed after one post before. The heroes game for one :D

True, but I doubt it included little snippets like "and Grief probably just woke up" :D
From now on, I'm sending all my alt guesses in with bizarre guesses about what that person is doing... :p

#59 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

"Hmm, I think it's Silencer, and by his angry shouting...hmmm....I would guess that he's seen i've just hammered him on modcraft" :)

Cougar said:

worry said:

#60 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

View PostGrief, on Jun 4 2009, 03:43 PM, said:

"Hmm, I think it's Silencer, and by his angry shouting...hmmm....I would guess that he's seen i've just hammered him on modcraft" :)

Epic.. :D

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users