Malazan Empire: Spoilers- Deepgate Mini - Malazan Empire

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers- Deepgate Mini Morgoth, don't kill us.

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

Path-Shaper- spine
MafiaManager - codex
SH - reallyheisnt

Manager Link

Emurlahn - devon - Alice- Silencer
Tennes - ulcis- Isaac Pilby - Gem
Meanas - rebecca- Silister Trench- STD
Telas - fogwill- Ramnir of the Heshette- Breadmaster
Liosan - nettle - Hasp- Mentalist
Korvalain - angel - Mina Greene- Shin
Gamelon - icarate- Heshette Tribesman- Sixty
D'riss - airship- Heshette Tribesman- Alt
Hood's Path - chains- Heshette Tribesman - DK
Kessobahn - crossbow- Ersimmin - morgoth45
Korlat - poisoner- Carnival- D'rek
Silanah - angelwine- Jack Caulker- Peanutbutta
Rashan - crumb- John Anchor- Bent
Ruse - abigail- Rachel Hael- bwgan
Fener - callis - Mesmerist- Morgoth
Tellan - leaking - Duncan Jones- Malease

Night one:
They are all logged into the mafiamanager. :D
Gamelon is being attacked by Rashan and Liosan (none having any effect) and converted by Fener.
Meanas is getting healed by Ruse.
Tellann is poisoning Fener.
Korlat is being guarded by Korvalain (nice catch) so his attack doesn't work
DK is being guarded by Meanas.
Tennes (Gem) has no action submitted yet, and as she's on the Scandinavian timetable, it's looking more and more unlikely she will.

Actions

Day 1 lynch: Silanah

Night actions

Night 1

Team One

Hasp: Kill Gamelon (fails)
Mina Green: Guard Korlat
Duncan Jones: Wound Fener

Team Two

Rachel Hael: Heal Meanas
Silister Trench: Guard Hood's Path
Carnival: wound Fener (fails owing to guard)

Teams Three

John Anchor: Kill Gamelon (fails)
Isaac Philby: wound Fener

Cult

Mesmerist: recruit Gamelon

Health wise: Fener has two counters left; anchor, hasp and carnival all have three left, the other players are unharmed

Actions Night Two

Day 2 lynch:

Night actions

Night 2

Team One

Hasp: Vig Lio(?) ( fails )
Mina Green: Guard Tellan
Duncan Jones: Wound Fener (fails guarded by Korv)

Team Two

Rachel Hael: Heal Meanas
Silister Trench: Guard Korlat
Carnival: wound Fener (unless lynched or he reveals Cospinal, then wound Tennes) (fails guarded by Trench)
Teams Three

John Anchor: Kill Tennes
Isaac Philby: Wound Fener (succeeds)

Cult

Mesmerist: Recruit Ruse (succeeds)

Health wise: Fener has ONE counter left; anchor, hasp and carnival all have three left, the other players are unharmed

Night 3

Team One

Hasp:
Mina Green: Guard tennes (succeeds)
Duncan Jones: Wound Fener (succeeds)

Team Two

Silister Trench:
Carnival: Wound Fener (succeeds)
Teams Three

John Anchor: Kill Tellan (succeeds)
Isaac Philby: Wound Fener (fails--guarded)

Cult

Mesmerist:
Rachel Hael: -- may heal two counters at a time ( I believe )

Health wise: Fener has ONE counter left; anchor, hasp and carnival all have three left, the other players are unharmed

Night 4

Team One

Hasp:
Mina Green: Guard Meanas

Team Two

Silister Trench:

Teams Three

John Anchor:
Isaac Philby:

Cult

Mesmerist:
Rachel Hael:

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 14 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

You are going to use the Manager right.... It makes life so much easier...

I have never read the books but once you put up the roles and what not I can help you with balancing. I have a paper to write but I will be looking in over the next couple of hours. Then I have class. I can also help you mod while I am at work. Unfortunately I have finals next week so when I am at home I will be studying. :D
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

Okay, so there are four factions in this game:

Team One- Hasp's Team
- Alice Harper (no ability)
- Hasp (vig, paired with Mina Greene, can only kill ANCHOR, CARNIVAL and RAMNIR)
- Mina Greene (guard paired with Hasp)
- Duncan Jones (poisoner)

Team Two-
-Rachel Hael (healer)
- Silister Trench (guard)
- Carnival (poisoner)

Team Three
-John Anchor (vig, can only target Duncan, Hasp, Caulker, Carnival, Hael)
-Ramnir (no ability)
-John Caulker (no ability)
-Heshette tribesmen x3 (no ability)
-Isaac Philby (poisoner)

Cultists
-Mesmerist (Can recruit once a night, but can't recruit Hasp, Mina, Carnival, Trench, Ramnir, or Anchor)
-Ersimmen (symp, but if Cult dies before managing to recruit, becomes fully fledged Killer, but that's damn unlikely)

Conditions and stuff-
Team one knows Mina and Hasps alts.

Silster knows Rachels alt.
Rachel knows Silisters alt.
Carnival knows both Rachel and Silisters alts.

Team three knows Anchors alt, as does Ersimmin.
Anchor knows Ramnirs alt.
The tribesmen, aswell as Anchors alt, know Ramnirs.

Cult takes 4 poison tokens to kill.
Anchor, Hasp and Carnival take 3.
Everyone else takes 2.

NOTE- Ersimmin gets John Anchor's alt, because otherwise, I think the Cult would be at a serious disadvantage, only being able to recruit half the players in the game. So, Ersimmin can use that to keep safe, if necessary.

Everyone is told how many people are in their team; but I specifically gave more or less everyone names to discourage reveal-fests. Especially as no one knows what the teams exactly are in this. So, there should hopefully be some careful symping and careful lynching in this game... Kinda hoping it discourages the usual silly Day One pointless lynch :D
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#4 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

View PostVengeance, on Jun 3 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

You are going to use the Manager right.... It makes life so much easier...

I have never read the books but once you put up the roles and what not I can help you with balancing. I have a paper to write but I will be looking in over the next couple of hours. Then I have class. I can also help you mod while I am at work. Unfortunately I have finals next week so when I am at home I will be studying. :D

I actually have no idea how to use the manager, nor what the current password for it is :D

#5 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

Here is the link...

Manager link

Go and click on create a new game link. Then fill in the blanks for the most part. If you have any questions then ask alt just don't tell him any details. :D

It is quite easy to use....Go back and take a quick look at the the last game the password is walledin.

I would be happy to set it up for you but I really need to write my stupid paper.

You create a password for you game. I just went in and made a test run. Once you create a new game then you will need to go in and click on the players and enter them all in. The cool thing is that you can type in who is what and what there password is and what there action is. It is very very sweet. Take a little time and explore it.

If you don't want to do it. Then I can do it at work tomorrow.....

This post has been edited by Vengeance: 03 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

#6 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Team One- Hasp's Team
- Hasp (vig, paired with Mina Greene, can only kill ANCHOR, CARNIVAL and RAMNIR)

Team Two-
-Rachel Hael (healer)
- Carnival (poisoner)

Team Three
-Ramnir (no ability)
-Isaac Philby (poisoner)

Cultists
-Mesmerist (Can recruit once a night, but can't recruit Hasp, Mina, Carnival, Trench, Ramnir, or Anchor)
-Ersimmen (symp, but if Cult dies before managing to recruit, becomes fully fledged Killer, but that's damn unlikely)

Who is Trench... I don't see anyone with that name?

Also if someone is recruited then do they get to keep their powers will they know who recruited them and the other members of the cult.

Oh my god I just realized that Morgy is the cult master...:snigger:

This post has been edited by Vengeance: 03 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

#7 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Silister Trench, team two :D

#8 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

Gotcha..

Well I think that it is mostly balanced. Although I am kind of like Bent and obdi in my regard for completely balanced games.

Also if Mesmerist dies and there is another cult member does he take over the recruiting or does the recruiting just stop. Even if Ersimmin knows one of the unrecruitable's names that doesn't do Mesmerist any good as they can't talk to one another right. It will give Ersimmin a had if he ends up with a vig but it is very possible that morgy could easily target one of the unrecruitables for the first couple of nights. Are you going to tell him that there are people who he can't recruit it would probably help out a little.

Definitely get tapper in here and Obdi too. They will both probably have suggestions.

#9 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

View PostVengeance, on Jun 3 2009, 10:04 PM, said:

Gotcha..

Well I think that it is mostly balanced. Although I am kind of like Bent and obdi in my regard for completely balanced games.

Also if Mesmerist dies and there is another cult member does he take over the recruiting or does the recruiting just stop. Even if Ersimmin knows one of the unrecruitable's names that doesn't do Mesmerist any good as they can't talk to one another right. It will give Ersimmin a had if he ends up with a vig but it is very possible that morgy could easily target one of the unrecruitables for the first couple of nights. Are you going to tell him that there are people who he can't recruit it would probably help out a little.

Definitely get tapper in here and Obdi too. They will both probably have suggestions.

Yeah, I am giving Morgy as much information as I can; the Mesmerist is the most vulnerable player.
Ah, I didn't think of Tapper, good idea, Vengeance. :D
I'm thinking the recruits should not be able to recruit, mind you... What do you think? Or, if they are, Ersimmin can't kill.

#10 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

Or will I give Ersimmin a one shot vig from the start, I wonder?

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

#11 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jun 3 2009, 05:15 PM, said:

Or will I give Ersimmin a one shot vig from the start, I wonder?

I would make it so that the oldest surviving recruit could still recruit and if Mesmerist dies then Ersimmin gets a one shot vig. After all the rest of them have to be punished for killing off the cult leader. Having all of the unrecruitables in there I think makes it less likely that the cult will be able to expand very swiftly. But the leadership can only pass on once.

#12 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Alright, sounds like a plan.

#13 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

PMs

You are Alice Harper.. After losing your husband to a terrible tragedy, you made the mistake of signing up to work for King Menoa, the King of Hell.
It was a considerably large mistake, looking back at it. And now you've betrayed the King of Hell, and are really hoping that wasn't a worse mistake.
You are a member of Hasp's team, and you know the identities of both Hasp and Mina (Liosan and Korvalain) respectively, but you have no idea about the identity of your other team mate.

You are Hasp; youngest of all of the Goddess Ayen's sons, charged with leading the Angels of Hell against King Menoa. Unfortunatly, that didn't really work out.
You know, getting captured by Menoa and all...
Your powers have been bound by this confounded suit of glass armour, and you can't use anything resembling your full strength. It would be a risk to attack everyone, so, you make up your mind to only kill the leaders of each team at night, if you can. You can only kill one character with the strength that remains to you, but if you target someone you cannot kill, you will retain your failed vig for use the next night.
Also, you were lucky enough to encounter the lovely Mina Greene, Korvalain, a thaumaturge. You can communicate off-thread at all times. You have two allies, but you aren't sure of their identities.

You are Mina Greene, a thaumaturge, and quite an impressive one at that, until a run of bad luck ended up with you being imprisoned by King Menoa... Still, you retain some powers. Each night, you can prevent someone from using their action. You are paired with Hasp, (Liosan), and can communicate off-thread at all times. You also have two allies, who's identities you don't yet know.

You're Duncan Jones, and not only that, but you are a member of Cohl's Shades, that mysterious, and let's face it, kind of incredibly awesome mercenary group. You possess a grey sword, not the White or Black of the two best members. Of course, you long ago realised that having one of those means every single member of the Shades is after you, trying to claim the top spot. Idiots.
So, you are able to wound someone someone each night. Depending on the person's strength of mind, they should take around two wounds to die. You have teamed up with Mina Greene (Korvalain) and Hasp (Liosan). There is another member of your team, but you don't know who it is, yet.

------

You are Rachel Hael, an untempered Spine assassin, and also a damn good one at that. Unfortunatly, after the last few chaotic events, you've lost all of your equipment, and ended up looking after your angel friend Meanas, who is now calling himself Silister Trench. Somewhere, your ally Carnival is with you, too, but you have no idea where. Once a night, you can choose to protect one player a night from harm. Also, if they are wounded, you can remove their damage counters.

You are Silister Trench, the disembodied spirit of an angel Champion. Rather unfortunatly, you have ended up in the body of a teenage angel idiot, with none of your skills or strength or talents in muscle memory. His friend, Ruse seems quite adept though, so you are thankful. Also, somewhere out there is the twisted angel Carnival, who is apparently now your ally. You have no idea what she looks like, though.
You can still prevent a fight happening, though. Once a night you can guard one player.

You are Carnival. You are also a serious badass. Once a night, you can choose to drink from someone. Of course, in order to escape notice by others, you can only wound them a little.
It takes two of your wounds to kill them. You're that badass.
You also have two companions, Meanas and Ruse. They don't know where you are at the moment, so be careful.

-----

You are John Anchor, from the Riot Coast. It's not your real name, but the God Cospinol decided it was fitting, considering you use your prodigeous strength to drag his gigantic floating airship.
Yes. Gigantic airship, that is heavy with the souls of the dead. You are able to kill one person during any night you choose; but you can only kill certain people, namely the leaders of the two rival factions, and the woman Rachel Hael and the man Duncan Jones. If you target someone you cannot kill, your kill is not used up. Be careful, though, you wouldn't want to kill one of your own faction. You have made a friend, Ramnir of the Heshette, Telas. You know you have a large faction, but you aren't quite sure how large it is, so be careful.

You are Ramnir, a leader of the Heshette. You have dragged your tribe away from your homeland to join up with the mysterious John Anchor, Rashan. There are now only three Heshette left, besides you, but you have several other allies.

You are a Heshette Tribesman, following your leader Ramnir (Telas), who is in turn following John Anchor (Rashan). There are three of you tribesmen left, in total, besides Ramnir. You also have other allies, at least two, who you don't know very well.

You are John Caulker, and everything was going great, until you and your former partner tried to rob the prodigously stong Jonh Anchor (Rashan). Now your former partner is a former messy stain on the ground, and Anchor has recruited you to help him. You have other allies on your team, but you don't know them very well. Although, you don't like them. You don't like much these days.

You are Isaac Pilby, a butterfly collector. And also a member of Cohl's Shades, the infamous and horribly skilled mercenary group.
Everyone has a hobby.
You are the White Sword, the ultimate, most talented and skilled member of the group. Or at least, you think you are. When one's skill is measured in varying shades of grey, it's rather difficult to make out who has the whitest sword. Still, you heard about some upstarts over these direction, and so you have teamed up with this large, brutish fellow John Anchor (Rashan). You can wound one person a night, and so great is your skill, it only takes two wounds to kill. Anchor has allies, though, so watch him carefully, you wouldn't want to kill anyone who might be on your side. Not unless you're being paid for it, anyway.

-------

You are a Mesmerist, a servant to the King of Hell, and an all-round evil fellow. Because of your long sojourn in Hell, you're back with some interesting powers. You can bend the will of another person, and make them serve you. Unless they are particularly strong-willed. Then you are just going to have to get horribly angry. Once a night, you can attempt to convert another player to your team. Menoa has noticed you are a little outnumbered here, and so, in his infinite kindness, hired a master swordsman, Kessobahn to help you out. Also, if you die, you can pass your recruiting abilities on to your first recruit. Kessobahn will learn of the identity of each recruit.

You are Ersimmin, the White Sword. The best of the all of Cohl's Shades, that most skilled mercenary group. And you know, that little fact doesn't escape you. Nor did it escape the King of Hell, when he hired you to help out with a little mission he has going on, involving wiping out a couple of people. You will be working with Fener, a Mesmerist recruiter from Hell. You're on a tight leash at the moment; Menoa says no kills unless the Mesmerist dies, and then you might be allowed. Also, if he dies, his powers will pass on to the first person recruited, who will then become your leader.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 04 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

#14 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

Looks good. I have to go to class... Good luck...

#15 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

Thanks, talk to you later Vengeance!

#16 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jun 3 2009, 11:20 PM, said:

Team One- Hasp's Team

Team Two-
-Rachel Hael (healer)
- Carnival (poisoner)

Team Three
-Ramnir (no ability)
-Isaac Philby (poisoner)

Cultists

Conditions and stuff-
Team one knows Mina and Hasps alts.

Silster knows Rachels alt.
Rachel knows Silisters alt.
Carnival knows both Rachel and Silisters alts.

Team three knows Anchors alt, as does Ersimmin.
Anchor knows Ramnirs alt.
The tribesmen, aswell as Anchors alt, know Ramnirs.

Cult takes 4 poison tokens to kill.
Anchor, Hasp and Carnival take 3.
Everyone else takes 2.

NOTE- Ersimmin gets John Anchor's alt, because otherwise, I think the Cult would be at a serious disadvantage, only being able to recruit half the players in the game. So, Ersimmin can use that to keep safe, if necessary.

Everyone is told how many people are in their team; but I specifically gave more or less everyone names to discourage reveal-fests. Especially as no one knows what the teams exactly are in this. So, there should hopefully be some careful symping and careful lynching in this game... Kinda hoping it discourages the usual silly Day One pointless lynch :D

Wow, that is a lot of roles.

2 things concerning roles:
I'm somewhat worried about the poisoners.
Carnival is better protected than the other 2 from tokens but is a lot worse off concerning the vigs.

Talking about the vigs, what are you going to do with them? Are they 1-time? Do they fail if they manage to target someone other than the ones they can kill? Or can they try again until they hit the right person and the vig is then gone?

Faction balance:
not so much comments as predictions.
all in all, i think numerical superiority for team 3 is going to weigh in heavily.
Meaning they'll statistically be used to feed the cult.

team 2 will have trouble remaining in the game, I fear, because they are going to have a hard time blending in after day 3 or so.

Depending on how Morgy plays, either the cult is fucked or it can win. Once he realizes he has to go for the symps, cult can build numbers well, but it can also become a frustrating experience. i'd suggest giving ersimmin (sp) a limited number of recruits if the Mesmer dies/is lynched while having recruited under X times... that way, the cult hasn't lost entirely and you don't suddenly unleash a killer. ersimmin then becomes a real back up role and has to play very careful, which will mean lots of suspicion on him.

As for recruitables; in the Rome game, I had 7 fully immune and 3 partially immune players (1 time immunity) out of 20 or 22 (can't remember) and that was already quite a problem - the odds are stacked more heavily against the cult in this one, I think...

We'll see though, wouldn't be the first time i'm entirely wrong :D
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#17 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

edit: didn't see the role descriptions - if the recruits take over from the Mesmer then Ersimmin does not need recruits.

#18 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Off to bed now, will see if I can find the time to lend a hand... don't get your hopes up tho :D

also: :p Venge :D

#19 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

Aye, I was thinking, the Heshette Tribesmen can help the game go one of two ways: Either they all become slaves to the cult, or they help shore up the weakness caused by lack of power roles.

As for the Leader Vigs, I was thinking allowing them to kill one person, but try until they kill someone.

The thing about Carnival is, she has a healer on her team, the only one in the game, so if she can get in contact, she can avoid vigs.

Tbh, I wouldn't have considered giving anyone less skilled the Mesmerist role as it is now; I reckon only DiBs, JA or Morgy could pull it off.
It amused me to find the random draw allied both Morgoths, though... :D

#20 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:22 PM

Opening Scene:

Cospinol's skyship floated above the battlefield; it wreathed the entire area in a thick, salty mist. Dampness clung to everything, and everyone could almost taste the brine.
In the mist, dark figures moved. Some friends, some strangers, some even enemies.
The armies of Menoa, King of Hell were approaching, and there just wasn't time for this. I mean, as if being soaked all the time because of the fog wasn't bad enough, Hell's blasted ARMY was approaching.
Lines were drawn, factions decided upon.
The last ones standing would get to fight Hell. Or, you know, run away...

Defeat the opposing factions to win.
There will be a partial CF, revealing alt name and alt.
Days are 36 hours, nights 12

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users